• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yami vs Meliodas

I mean he must have seen something awful, like Asta solos Naruto levels of bad somehow, not that I disagree with him or anything lol

Leave what's outside the wiki outside the wiki.

As for this match, Meliodas can't regenerate his heart so regenerating from Dimension Slash only takes him so far. Besides regenerating makes him weaker

Leave what's outside the wiki outside the wiki.

As for this match, Meliodas can't regenerate his heart so regenerating from Dimension Slash only takes him so far. Besides regenerating makes him weaker
FC and VC exist even then after he takes a lot of damage revenge counter one shot Yami. Also this fight is during night time using sba so Meliodas has the edge here.

FC and VC exist even then after he takes a lot of damage revenge counter one shot Yami. Also this fight is during night time using sba so Meliodas has the edge here.
FC and VC doesn't stop Dimension Slash and not only Revenge Counter is Mel's trump card, but Yami can also counter RC with Black Hole

FC and VC doesn't stop Dimension Slash and not only Revenge Counter is Mel's trump card, but Yami can also counter RC with Black Hole
This is pre time skip and black hole only works one projectiles not aoe attacks that's black moon
This exact same thread, it was established that VC/FC doesn't deflect Dimension Slash
Nope it was agreed that it would work since FC never breaks when used on magical attacks and demons have npi so he should be fine he also has clones to work as a distraction since speed is equalized he can dodge.

to be honest FC should be able to reflect Dimension slash, since it is a magic based attack
Yeah and also that's what FC and VC is for magical attacks and he has FC things without form before king's status promotion and Merlins magic seal(chandler did that).

to be honest FC should be able to reflect Dimension slash, since it is a magic based attack
Dimension Slash cuts everything on contact

Even if FC somehow stops dimension Slash, Yami just goes close quarters and outskills Meliodas

This is pre time skip and black hole only works one projectiles not aoe attacks that's black moon
Black holes works on anything within a radius, it's not limited to an attack at all
Nope it was agreed that it would work since FC never breaks when used on magical attacks and demons have npi so he should be fine he also has clones to work as a distraction since speed is equalized he can dodge.
No I checked, only Kazuma said FC could stop DS. Everyone else said Dimension Slash wouldn't be deflected

Dimension Slash cuts everything on contact

Even if FC somehow stops dimension Slash, Yami just goes close quarters and outskills Meliodas

Black holes works on anything within a radius, it's not limited to an attack at all

No I checked, only Kazuma said FC could stop DS. Everyone else said Dimension Slash wouldn't be deflected
How Meliodas has 3000+ years of experience and lostvane, hellblaze clones, darkness etc like I said it's night time according sba so Meliodas get's an amp. All black hole done was absorb patry's projectile
  • Dark Magic: Black Hole: Yami creates a singularity of darkness that draws in incoming projectile attacks, nullifying them in the process, but is limited by the singularity's small size.
Like I said even if ds cannot be FC or VC Meliodas can take the hit and regen or a clone can take it for him or he uses RC.

How Meliodas has 3000+ years of experience and lostvane, hellblaze clones, darkness etc like I said it's night time according sba so Meliodas get's an amp. All black hole done was absorb patry's projectile
We don't judge skill by years of experience but by actual feats. Having years of experience doesn't mean that you will be more skilled than someone with a few weeks of experience.
Like I said even if ds cannot be FC or VC Meliodas can take the hit and regen or a clone can take it for him or he uses RC.
Mel gets weaker at each Regeneration and cannot regenerate his hearts.

We don't judge skill by years of experience but by actual feats. Having years of experience doesn't mean that you will be more skilled than someone with a few weeks of experience.

Mel gets weaker at each Regeneration and cannot regenerate his hearts.
Yes it does hence the word experience. Why would Meliodas use a broken sword? Becuase his swordmanship surpassed all the humans of the era and no one faced him and lived. He has clones to help and take some hits. Yeah but being cut in half wouldn't destroy his hearts as shown with arthur slicing cusack in half from the chest. I am pretty sure ds can be VC and FC I need scans to belive otherwise. Anyway RC is a thing so Meliodas still wins.
Edit If Meliodas is hit by ds he will regen and keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:
Yes it does hence the word experience. Why would Meliodas use a broken sword? Becuase his swordmanship surpassed all the humans of the era and no one faced him and lived.
Was that even stated anywhere? Also that doesn't put him on Yami's level.
He has clones to help and take some hits.
They are weaker than the original so it wouldn't take much to knock them down anyway
Yeah but being cut in half wouldn't destroy his hearts as shown with arthur slicing cusack in half from the chest.
Unless you can prove Cusack's hearts have the same emplacement as Meliodas, it doesn't mean much.
And Yami can cut Mel's heart by stabbing him
I am pretty sure ds can be VC and FC I need scans to belive otherwise. Anyway RC is a thing so Meliodas still wins.
VC is just Powernull, which Yami resists. FC countering Dimensions Slash is your own headcanon so you need to prove it can deal with attacks similar to DS.

Even if you do, Yami has Precog, Paralysis to freeze Meliodas in place, superior skill and can cloak his katana with Dark Magic to deal more serious wounds

Led the Seven Deadly Sins
Led the 10 Commandments
Led the resistance against the Demon King
Led the actual fight against the Demon King
Fought in Purgatory

I don't see why Meliodas, personally trained by Chandler, has an intense repertoire of fights and experience, would be less skilled then Yami? I've only read the first 220 Chapters of Black Clover before dropping it, but nothing notable that puts him ahead of Meliodas comes to mind.

Last edited:
Was that even stated anywhere? Also that doesn't put him on Yami's level.

They are weaker than the original so it wouldn't take much to knock them down anyway

Unless you can prove Cusack's hearts have the same emplacement as Meliodas, it doesn't mean much.
And Yami can cut Mel's heart by stabbing him

VC is just Powernull, which Yami resists. FC countering Dimensions Slash is your own headcanon so you need to prove it can deal with attacks similar to DS.

Even if you do, Yami has Precog, Paralysis to freeze Meliodas in place, superior skill and can cloak his katana with Dark Magic to deal more serious wounds
Powernull is via mana skin and anti magic still works on magic in the verse so VC will work. FC will work on ds it's magic and Meliodas has npi so it get's Full countered. Yami has no knowledge on Meliodas so how does he know about his hearts? That is Yami post timeskip that can paraylse his opponents stop making things up. Last time Meliodas can deal with ds by using clones to take it for him or FC or VC it. Or taking it and regen then keeping an eye out or just dodge. Anyway Meliodas can FC sword swings with magic look at vs twigo
Edit: Meliodas and cusack are both high-ranking demons

Last edited:
Led the Seven Deadly Sins
Led the 10 Commandments
Led the resistance against the Demon King
Led the actual fight against the Demon King
Fought in Purgatory
None of these are combat skills feats. Simply leadership and Stamina/Durability feat for the last one
I don't see why Meliodas, personally trained by Chandler, has an intense repertoire of fights and experience, would be less skilled then Yami? I've only read the first 220 Chapters of Black Clover before dropping it, but nothing notable that puts him ahead of Meliodas comes to mind.
Yami swordsmanship is superior to Asta's obviously, but that doesn't stop there. He can keep up with all the members of the Third Eye at once.
One of them, Vetto, has treated Kiato and Asta's fighting skills as a joke, merely throwing around weapons.
Kiato has a unique swordsmanship that makes his opponent unable to predict him when he dances and in extreme cases, can even mess with their senses just like he did to Asta despite his great sensory skills. As for Asta, I doubt I need to explain why he's skilled.

And I haven't even tackled Yami's abilities to learn techniques on the spot yet

why wouldn't they be the same? Aren't they both upper rank demons....
Same rank =\= same physiology. Especially when you have Grayroad and Melascula in the same rank when they have 2 very distinct physiologies

Even then, Yami can still use other means to cut his hearts.

Same rank =\= same physiology. Especially when you have Grayroad and Melascula in the same rank when they have 2 very distinct physiologies

Even then, Yami can still use other means to cut his hearts.
Explain how does Yami counter all of Meliodas haxes sealing is a thing that Meliodas has.

Back