• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yami vs Meliodas

None of these are combat skills feats. Simply leadership and Stamina/Durability feat for the last one
It shows his vast combat experience, with the fact he leads leading to the self evident conclusion of him being proficent enough with it to be seen as a good leader. The argument "he could be leader due to his tactician skills" is asinine as he directly leads them to battle.

He's comparable to Zeldris in terms of swordsmanship, who is described as extremely proficient with his blade, obvious due to his training by Cusack. Meliodas's swordsmanship is demonstrated as he's able to slash foe's 1000 times in an instant, further highlighting his ability.

On the other hand, all your combat feats for Yami is just word jargon stating "oh he's just really good because he could keep up with xyz, and could beat xyz!"

Powernull is via mana skin and anti magic still works on magic in the verse so VC will work.
Yami uses Mana skin in character.

And if you think Vanish Counter has the same power Nullification as Asta's Anti-Magic, you are greatly, but GREATLY mistaken.

Prove VC can bypass powernull resistance then we can have a talk

Yami has no knowledge on Meliodas so how does he know about his hearts?
I never said he had knowledge, just that his regen doesn't work on his heart so if Yami slice on of them, even without knowing (because let's not forget it's 7 hearts all located around his torso, so hitting one is very likely) Meliodas will take serious damages.
That is Yami post timeskip that can paraylse his opponents stop making things up.
Nope, Party got paralyzed after one of his attacks got absorbed by Black Hole
Last time Meliodas can deal with ds by using clones to take it for him or FC or VC it. Or taking it and regen then keeping an eye out or just dodge. Anyway Meliodas can FC sword swings with magic look at vs twigo
Okay? Dimension Slash cuts everything in a given direction while twigo doesn't.

Taking clones to tank it is fair game, but since he won't know what DS do nor that he's about to use it, that is unlikely.
Not to mention characters comparable to if not faster than Yami can hardly dodge it, it takes a lot to say Mel will have the time to spawn a clone, and that said clone will have time to intercept it.

Explain how does Yami counter all of Meliodas haxes sealing is a thing that Meliodas has.
Haxes such as?
Sealing? Not in character.
Soul Manip? Neither.

It shows his vast combat experience, with the fact he leads leading to the self evident conclusion of him being proficent enough with it to be seen as a good leader.
Again, being a leader does not translate to skill. You can be a leader via strength or charisma as well and they have little to nothing to do with skill.

He's comparable to Zeldris in terms of swordsmanship, who is described as extremely proficient with his blade, obvious due to his training by Cusack.
So far that would only put him to BoS Asta's level, but let's see.
Meliodas's swordsmanship is demonstrated as he's able to slash foe's 1000 times in an instant, further highlighting his ability.
Depending on who he did that to, it would only count as a combat speed feat.
On the other hand, all your combat feats for Yami is just word jargon stating "oh he's just really good because he could keep up with xyz, and could beat xyz!"
See, now that is downplaying. What's even more sad is that you did the same thing as me by comparing Mel's swordsmanship to Zeldris' yet you're saying this smh

Yami uses Mana skin in character.

And if you think Vanish Counter has the same power Nullification as Asta's Anti-Magic, you are greatly, but GREATLY mistaken.

Prove VC can bypass powernull resistance then we can have a talk

I never said he had knowledge, just that his regen doesn't work on his heart so if Yami slice on of them, even without knowing (because let's not forget it's 7 hearts all located around his torso, so hitting one is very likely) Meliodas will take serious damages.

Nope, Party got paralyzed after one of his attacks got absorbed by Black Hole

Okay? Dimension Slash cuts everything in a given direction while twigo doesn't.

Taking clones to tank it is fair game, but since he won't know what DS do nor that he's about to use it, that is unlikely.
Not to mention characters comparable to if not faster than Yami can hardly dodge it, it takes a lot to say Mel will have the time to spawn a clone, and that said clone will have time to intercept it.

Haxes such as?
Sealing? Not in character.
Soul Manip? Neither.
I literally said even if ds hits Meliodas he will regen and keep an eye out with clones. Meliodas has resistance to paralysis inducement on his profile and FC will work unless proven otherwise please provide scans.

I literally said even if ds hits Meliodas he will regen and keep an eye out with clones. Meliodas has resistance to paralysis inducement on his profile and FC will work unless proven otherwise please provide scans.
You need to prove that FC does work, not me to prove he doesn't.

In any case, Yami can still go close quarters of Dimension Slash fails

Wouldn't Yami know where his heart is via KI sensing? Also FC wouldn't work since there is no attack that mel FC in his verse that is comparable to DS who literally cuts space/dimension? It's NLF to say the sword wouldn't get cut along with it

You need to prove that FC does work, not me to prove he doesn't.

In any case, Yami can still go close quarters of Dimension Slash fails
Anyway since you haven't provided any scans I take it that you concede so FC can handle ds if Yami comes close range he has to deal with FC and RC and clones as well. Also, Meliodas get's a night amp so he has the edge. So Yami has to fight 4-6 clones of Meliodas that can FC his attacks back to his face.

At this point, talking about Dimensions Slash is pointless. If it works, Mel regens and Yami goes CQC. If it doesn't, Yami still goes CQC

Anyway since you haven't provided any scans I take it that you concede so FC can handle ds if Yami comes close range he has to deal with FC and RC and clones as well. Also, Meliodas get's a night amp so he has the edge. So Yami has to fight 4-6 clones of Meliodas that can FC his attacks back to his face.
Don't take your incapability to back up your claim, as me conceding that you're right, since you're clearly not

Yami can deal with FC pretty easily while Meliodas will only use RC as a last resort. Mel's clones barely does anything useful here as Yami can stop using magic and destroy them.

The night doesn't even give him an large amp or even an notable amp
It's on his profile so it's notable
Wouldn't Yami know where his heart is via KI sensing? Also FC wouldn't work since there is no attack that mel FC in his verse that is comparable to DS who literally cuts space/dimension? It's NLF to say the sword wouldn't get cut along with it
Yeah but Meliodas also knows that weakness and will be careful and use hellblaze and his other abilities can Yami counter 1000 slashes in an instant?

Although Yami has some wincons, it is quite obvious that Meliodas possesses a greater number of winning chances. So for now I'll vote for him
  • Dimensional Slash can simply be reflected
  • Meliodas can regenerate (Yes, of course, he will be weakened but not on a massive scale. He was still able to keep up with some commandments that were superior to him even with his body "completely" destroyed)
  • Meliodas can use SoulHax in case the OP decides to make them both really want to kill each other
  • In general, Meliodas also has a massive stamina and experience advantage

See, now that is downplaying. What's even more sad is that you did the same thing as me by comparing Mel's swordsmanship to Zeldris' yet you're saying this smh
How is it downplaying. I've just stated exactly what you have verbatim. And my Zeldris comment was only one small part of the description, just to show that he IS proficient in the blade if that wasn't clear to begin with.

This is getting asinine, show some actual skill feats that aren't just pure word jargon. Until then i will bid adieu,

Last edited:
Although Yami has some wincons, it is quite obvious that Meliodas possesses a greater number of winning chances. So for now I'll vote for him
  • Dimensional Slash can simply be reflected
  • Meliodas can regenerate (Yes, of course, he will be weakened but not on a massive scale. He was still able to keep up with some commandments that were superior to him even with his body "completely" destroyed)
  • Meliodas can use SoulHax in case the OP decides to make them both really want to kill each other
  • In general, Meliodas also has a massive stamina and experience advantage
I agree Meliodas also has other abilities that can help him in the fight with Yami like regen.

When did he do that?
Meliodas can cover himself in darkness to prevent Yami from targeting his hearts. It would be possible for Meliodas to manipulate Yami's darkness and adding magic to his sword swings won't end well as seen with twigo.

Meliodas can cover himself in darkness to prevent Yami from targeting his hearts. It would be possible for Meliodas to manipulate Yami's darkness and adding magic to his sword swings won't end well as seen with twigo.
This is NLF meliodas has shown only to manipulate his own darkness and not the others, the cover part is true but manipulating yami's darkness is NLF

He is indeed 6-B or above. But he was downgraded for well, 0 reasons honestly. Everyone just started talking about Mael moving the clouds being no sense because it was something "Unproven"
He was High 6-A then got downgraded to High 6-B then got downgraded again iirc dunno how many downgrade before it became High 6-C

He is indeed 6-B or above. But he was downgraded for well, 0 reasons honestly. Everyone just started talking about Mael moving the clouds being no sense because it was something "Unproven"
The reasons why it got downgraded didn't even make sense too... "we don't know if he dispersed the whole thing" argument doesn't make sense, and probably more of an assumption than he dispersed everything 🤣

Back