• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamato (And Rebellion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently created the Yamato profile, and a short discussion began about its tiers

Currently, it is listed as At least 6-C, likely High 4-C since it permanently upgraded Nero from 7-B to that Tier, and allowed him to fight the likes of Sanctus. That's a feat completely done by the Sword's Devil Trigger. However, some believe it should have a 2-C key, since it was wielded by Sparda in the past and by Dante in DMC4, and about that, these are my thoughts:

Devil May Cry is a famous hack n slash, and its main character, Dante, is all about style on gameplay, most of it comes from his Devil Arms, and they came from many different demons in the series, not only in types of weapons, types of powers but also different power levels. Yamato, despite never being a demon, is a weapon wielded by the Sparda family, and just like the other DAs, it always followed their user's powers, that shouldn't be a surprise since Dante can channel his powers to use for various different purposes, through his weapons to make devastating attacks or through his guns to double the power of his shots and perfectly hit the demons, making any vehicle he's riding to go faster, manifest it out of thin air to create a platform for double jumps, using for very effective defensive methods and to transform into his demons forms, same goes to Rebellion, a weapon that made for him exactly what yamato made for Nero (Made Dante jump from 7-B to 6-C/High 4-C) and alongisde him also matched and defeated the likes of Abigail (2-C), Void Mundus (2-C) and Argosax (Also 2-C), in all of these battles, Dante was also 2-C, was him powering it up, or the Sword is stronger than we thought ?

To further answer this, we must take a look at Devil Sword Sparda, its Devil Trigger made Dante match Mundus (He was already High 3-A at base), but when used by Sanctus, it didn't had great feats, and that's explained by the Sword not being able tobe used by everyone, as it choses its user. However, same thing can't be said about both Rebellion and Yamato, at least, it has no similar statement from what I remember, meaning base Rebellion and Yamato can't be 2-C on their own, otherwise, DMC3 Dante would also be, and DMC4 Nero aswell, and that would literally nuke all the scaling. My take is that we should stick to the sword's individual feats, and credit Dante to further demonstrations of 2-C power. But of course, we can make a massive AP upgrade here if you guys want, I'm all ears

This, however, doesn't apply to DMC5 Yamato, as Vergil's SDT comes from Yamato and the game pretty much implies the Sword (Alongside DSD) is stronger than Devil Sword Sparda

Now, I think we should go with KLOL's suggestion:

At least Island level, likely Large Star level (Its Devil Trigger empowered Nero enough to match the likes of Sanctus), Low Multiverse level at its strongest (Used by both Sparda and DMC4 Dante, the latter having far surpassed his father 5 years prior in the events of DMC2) | Low Multiverse level (Should scale to DMC5 Vergil and his Sin Devil Trigger forms. Easily clashed against the Devil Sword Sparda)

2-C at the hands of the Sparda Bois as they power up everything with them, Solid 2-C in DMC5

BTW, this should be the re-worded justification

At least Island level, likely Large Star level (Its Devil Trigger empowered Nero enough to match the likes of Sanctus), Low Multiverse level at its strongest (Used by both Sparda and DMC4 Dante, the latter having far surpassed his father 5 years prior in the events of DMC2) | Low Multiverse level (Vergil's Sin Devil Trigger originates from the Yamato itself by absorbing it into his body, much like how Dante absorbed the Rebellion and Sparda into himself to unlock his very own Devil Sword and his Sin Devil Trigger form. Easily clashed against the Devil Sword Dante)

Last edited:
Agree.
Also we need to talk about DSS tier, Awakened Force Edge should be 2C on its own. Arkham just wasn't able to channel it, and only ended up 6C.
Thus Force Edge should be 2C all around.

I wonder how strong Trish while using DSS?

Even though its not reach Sparda level but she should be at least stronger than Sanctus since she's already strong demons in DMC.

Even without DSS, she is strongest Non-Protagonist character in DMC4. Capable of going against Full Power Saviour.

So DSS is just another amp on top. Which puts her a bit higher in scaling chain.

AH **** I MEAN "EASILY CLASHED AGAINST THE DEVIL SWORD DANTE".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back