• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To give an insight on SC and Asta's soul resistance and verse equalization I'll just drop this here

Note: I'm not sure what this page has but I'd suggest start reading on 3 and ignore the stuff about Hollow Corruption because Yamaji ain't a Hollow

Last edited:
The whole verse equalization discussion occurred during an Asta vs. Ichigo battle. There were five pages of arguments about why it should or shouldn't happen, and in the end, nobody wanted to debate the actual fight anymore. For the record, since Bleach has about seven different power systems, with at least three of them being totally different and not based on reishi, I believe verse equalization is dumb

The whole verse equalization discussion occurred during an Asta vs. Ichigo battle. There were five pages of arguments about why it should or shouldn't happen, and in the end, nobody wanted to debate the actual fight anymore. For the record, since Bleach has about seven different power systems, with at least three of them being totally different and not based on reishi, I believe verse equalization is dumb
So does mean it's a stomp or is there gonna be some unequalized fuckery happening?

I forgot about verse equalization ngl
Well very few verses that people like to match up with Bleach equalize with Bleach's systems, and even if they do, SC has a shit ton of other effects that the character probably wouldn't resist anyway, on top of also being AP based.

Nothing stops Asta from using demon destroyer and giving Yama the Naamah treatment… (negating the passive flames via causality negation)
Asta's casuality neg is not passive, Yamaji's flames are passive, since the match is in Bankai form it automatically starts with passive flames that have a range of miles, you'll just have to read the damn profile
And yes starting distance is 4km the heat isn’t reaching that far and given the benefit of a doubt that the heat travels that far eventually, Asta has time to defend.
nice headcanon
well just because it feels that way doesn’t mean it is as you’ve proven in your own analysis cuz even within 0.000066 minutes… Asta is an FTL character with instinctive reactions and not to mention his forcefield activation is instant. So even though it’s a short time it’s still enough time for Asta.
It doesn't really change anything, it's literally passive burning, the FTL thing doesn't even make sense here

None of the soul crush votes should be counted. we've already established Asta resists bruh
hmph, this issue is not definite yet, so there is no
I forgot about verse equalization ngl
^^
lmao why tf was Konoha picked for the battle
There is no purpose, just to have a level playing field

Alright, make up your minds… verse equalization

Yes or no.

I choose yes of course. The various forms of Mana shares too many similarities to various soul energies in bleach. This has been debated to death in Asta vs Ichigo match. I understand there is magic in bleach but mana is different from magic even in BC. It’s just used to produce magic. For this match to work SBA implores us to equalize energy system that’s almost everyone in the verse uses and it even uses an example of magic being able to be equalized to any other energy system as long they are somehow similar in function and mechanics. That means it doesn’t have to be exactly the same, magic doesn’t have to equalize to magic but also any other universally used system in this case it’s soul power.

if your answer is no then there is no debate in this match to be had. It’s just that simple.

Alright, make up your minds… verse equalization

Yes or no.

I choose yes of course. The various forms of Mana shares too many similarities to various soul energies in bleach. This has been debated to death in Asta vs Ichigo match. I understand there is magic in bleach but mana is different from magic even in BC. It’s just used to produce magic. For this match to work SBA implores us to equalize energy system that’s almost everyone in the verse uses and it even uses an example of magic being able to be equalized to any other energy system as long they are somehow similar in function and mechanics. That means it doesn’t have to be exactly the same, magic doesn’t have to equalize to magic but also any other universally used system in this case it’s soul power.

if your answer is no then there is no debate in this match to be had. It’s just that simple.
I think if we debated equalization it would turn out no different than Asta vs Ichigo. I suggest we either find Asta a Quincy to fight or close this match because we barely talked about actual tactics and have just been discussing ZnT's passive heat and RC.

Universe equalization will not be of any use here, Bleach has different mana-based features. Bleach and BC are universes that cannot be equalized, Bastolan has already explained this.. Don't try to force yourself not to understand. 🗿

I think if we debated equalization it would turn out no different than Asta vs Ichigo. I suggest we either find Asta a Quincy to fight or close this match because we barely talked about actual tactics and have just been discussing ZnT's passive heat and RC.
Yeah its better to pit some Quincy against Asta. Yama Bankai is a stomp in this case even if Equalization works or not.

Yeah… no, but I won’t entertain this.
batman-dark-knight.gif

Nah, I'm done.

I'm just gonna say this before leaving: we don't equalize 2 energies because they have the same name, especially something as broad as magic.

SBA literally says "a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen." So why are some of you guys this stubborn?

Equalizing BC's Magic to BTW's is purely based on the two sharing the same name (which at best is a naming fallacy), I tried my hardest to find if BTW's magic is even an energy at all, let alone one that almost everyone in the verse possesses.

Not only that, Anti-Magic isn't even limited to magic, he can cancel mana itself. Literally the same debate as Megicula in the Meg vs Bazz-B thread.
Mana and Magic are 2 separate things, so even if you equalize Magic with Magic, nothing stops Mana from being equalized with reishi/reiatsu or whatever.

Last thing, about the heat.

It's pretty much implied that the 15 Million degrees is for his Bankai's west mode, and that doesn't reach very far. What proves Yama can output 15M degrees in his other modes, or even his initial passive heat?

This is why I'd rather engage in One Piece match-ups rather than anything else in the big 3, we get straight to the fight.
Here, just like last time, it took too damn long for people to realize soul crush lost its layers and Asta resisted anything else it does other than AP (which AT BEST isn't even a 2 times difference against base form Asta heck Base Zetten is 15 times Yama's AP), and when they finally get it right, half of the thread consists of "are they equal? Are they not?"

Wish I had time to make a staff discussion about Verse equalization so we don't have to go through this in the future

Nah, I'm done.

I'm just gonna say this before leaving: we don't equalize 2 energies because they have the same name, especially something as broad as magic.

SBA literally says "a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen." So why are some of you guys this stubborn?

Equalizing BC's Magic to BTW's is purely based on the two sharing the same name (which at best is a naming fallacy), I tried my hardest to find if BTW's magic is even an energy at all, let alone one that almost everyone in the verse possesses.

Not only that, Anti-Magic isn't even limited to magic, he can cancel mana itself. Literally the same debate as Megicula in the Meg vs Bazz-B thread.
Mana and Magic are 2 separate things, so even if you equalize Magic with Magic, nothing stops Mana from being equalized with reishi/reiatsu or whatever.
Since it has been answered before, I will not ramble on here. Even if there is SBA, nothing will change. The Bazz vs Meg issue really has nothing to do with this, there are 7 units of energy in the universe you are discussing.
Last thing, about the heat.

It's pretty much implied that the 15 Million degrees is for his Bankai's west mode, and that doesn't reach very far. What proves Yama can output 15M degrees in his other modes, or even his initial passive heat?
Jugram says Yamaji's flames are the manifestation of Yamaji's reiatsu, so.....yeah passive. Also, I have explained the range issue many times. We are discussing the range issue of a flame technique that is said to be able to destroy the entire SS. This is really funny.

Finally, avoid commenting on this topic, this match is literally a stomp in Yamaji's favor and it's absolutely meaningless to discuss it here, Now, I need to write to someone in authority to close this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back