• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Y'all Remember that Naruto Moon Hole Calc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, Clover once made a calc for when Naruto gets his chakra ripped out of him and blows a hole in the Moon, but it got rejected due to inconsistent hole sizes. I made a calc that addresses that two ways. First, it assumes the hole is a a truncated cone instead of a cylinder (using the same radius as Clover for the outer circle, but pixel scaling the inner circle radius from the trees). Second, it assumes just that the inner circle radius (pixel scaled from the trees) is the correct radius of the cylinder and repeats the calc. I'm making this informal thread to see which version should be used and then discuss which method of destruction is best (personally I favor melting or vaporization given we see the Moon rock at the edge of the explosion is literally red hot).

Damage and Clover (Cylinder Melt)

Last edited:
I'm afraid that the cylinder version is what should be used here.

If the hole in the Moon was truly cone shaped with a much wider end diameter than it is at the beginning, then we would not see it from above like this:

tXKuSiK.png

The walls would be extending outwards, not inwards. If you looked in through the small end of a cone at the internal dimensions, you would not see a view like the image above...

I'm afraid that the cylinder version is what should be used here.

If the hole in the Moon was truly cone shaped with a much wider end diameter than it is at the beginning, then we would not see it from above like this:

tXKuSiK.png

The walls would be extending outwards, not inwards. If you looked in through the small end of a cone at the internal dimensions, you would not see a view like the image above...
What method of destruction do you think is most valid?

What method of destruction do you think is most valid?
Pulverization probably. No statement on vaporization, no visible vapor really once the explosion cleared, and there was some visible debris on the other end of the Moon.

Pulverization probably. No statement on vaporization, no visible vapor really once the explosion cleared, and there was some visible debris on the other end of the Moon.
What about melting since we see the edges are scorched? I can agree with your sentiment against vap

I'm not super knowledgeable on calcing so sorry (not sorry) if this question comes off as ignorant, but since we don't see any visible signs of pulverization (tmk), such as dust clouds, wouldn't that indicate more so melting of the entire (or most) of the volume rather then pulverization?. Especially since the edges of the hole are scorched?.

Question; Why does this calc matter? The Naruto verse is back to being "5-B", so why use these low calcs?

Unless there is someone I'm missing?

I'm not super knowledgeable on calcing so sorry (not sorry) if this question comes off as ignorant, but since we don't see any visible signs of pulverization (tmk), such as dust clouds, wouldn't that indicate more so melting of the entire (or most) of the volume rather then pulverization?. Especially since the edges of the hole are scorched?.
There is a bit of dust that jettisons out the moon during the explosion but certainly not enough to fill the entire or most of the holes volume

There is a bit of dust that jettisons out the moon during the explosion but certainly not enough to fill the entire or most of the holes volume
Could we figure out the volume of said dust, and compare it to the volume which was destroyed by Naruto's chakra or nah?

Given the evidence it seems like most of the volume was melted/vaporized away while some of it was just pulverized tbh, so it would be incorrect to assume mostly pulverization rather than melting or vaporization when the evidence doesn't support that interpretation.

The shot for it is kinda bad and I’m kinda lazy. Plus eyeballing I don’t think it comprises a significant enough of the volume to matter

The shot for it is kinda bad and I’m kinda lazy. Plus eyeballing I don’t think it comprises a significant enough of the volume to matter
If we don't have an exact or close to an exact value then i don't believe we should calc the feat until we find the volume of the dust, because assuming the entire volume was melted/vaporized would be incorrect while assuming its entire volume was pulverized would also be incorrect, regardless of the interpretation, the entire volume wasn't destroyed by those specific method of destruction, it was destroyed by a mixture of the two, It would be wrong to assume otherwise.

It should effect Base New Era Naruto's rating since this was just a clump of Base Naruto's chakra i believe.
It was a combination of Toneri's attack, Naruto's Rasengan and then a large chunk of base Naruto's chakra. (And Sai's ink bird too, but that probably contributed 0.00001%, lol)

I calc’d the feat for Shadow since they’re planning on doing some revisions, so we shall wait and see what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back