• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yakko vs Sans

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
29de307cbde85087f869b996173f81d51a0ffdd0.png

Yakko vs Sans

Two supernatural comedians walk into a bar...
  • Speed Equalized
  • Battle takes place in a random stand-up comedy club.

Okay, but how does Sans actually survive Sans's attack(s), if he does at all, let alone also retaliate?

Does he have the skill to dodge enough? Is his regeneration good enough? Can he stop the bones with NPI?

Plot Manip the script to fast forward to when Sans takes his "Do nothing" turn, Immerse into the battleboard, & then punch Sans or such?
Damage Transferal onto Sans?

Okay, but how does Sans actually survive Sans's attack(s), if he does at all, let alone also retaliate?

Does he have the skill to dodge enough? Is his regeneration good enough? Can he stop the bones with NPI?

Plot Manip the script to fast forward to when Sans takes his "Do nothing" turn, Immerse into the battleboard, & then punch Sans or such?
Damage Transferal onto Sans?
There is a lot of things Yakko can do here. And it does help that his soul has taken attacks before as physical damage. His teleportation will help a lot, as it's a standard tactic of his to suddenly appear behind someone right when they think they have him. Throwing via telekinesis will especially benefit him in the long run since Yakko uses his damage transferal specifically against people who are throwing him so that they end up on the receiving end as well. No LS advantage required. He could probably change the bones into something harmless or turn them into cardboard with SR. The third examples are also definite wincons as well.

There is a lot of things Yakko can do here. And it does help that his soul has taken attacks before as physical damage. His teleportation will help a lot, as it's a standard tactic of his to suddenly appear behind someone right when they think they have him.
Yeah, I could see him doing that.
Sans opening the fight with what he considers his "strongest" attack, or at least, going practically all-out, Yakko's characterization & Toon Force would definitely have him pop up behind Sans to be like, "Hey, don't you think you should be more careful where you're throwing stuff? Bones need to go in the compost, bonehead!" (I'm sure the real Yakko could come up with better quips, though.)
Throwing via telekinesis will especially benefit him in the long run since Yakko uses his damage transferal specifically against people who are throwing him so that they end up on the receiving end as well. No LS advantage required.
I believe this, but scans, please?
He could probably change the bones into something harmless or turn them into cardboard with SR.
He does so? Transmutes enemy attacks/projectiles?
The third examples are also definite wincons as well.
You mean "Plot Manip the script to fast forward to when Sans takes his "Do nothing" turn, Immerse into the battleboard, & then punch Sans or such?
Damage Transferal onto Sans?"

& I'd question if he COULD Immerse into the battleboard, since I'm unsure if the Battleboard or Bulletboard or whatever it's called that's part of the UI where the SOUL moves through that's part of the rules of Undertale Sans kinds of abides by. Plus, unsure how Verse Equalization works.

To Sans's credit, even when he falls asleep during his "Don't finish taking my turn, by doing nothing." turn, he still manages to dodge the initial slash. He's defeated because Chara or such throws in a second slash after he dodges, IIRC.

So catching him off-guard might not be sufficient.

But if Yakko can Damage Transferral stuff, Sans is kind of boned, no?
1 damage, 1 HP?

So what about Plot Manipulation? Can Yakko's PM exhaust someone? Could it do something to harm Sans in a way Sans would likely fail to evade?
Anvil? Sans sidesteps?
18-wheeler or something flies in through the wall to run over Sans? Sans teleports?
Giant pitfall trap opens in the floor? Sans teleports away?

I guess Yakko could do something like this:
Plot Manipulation (He is capable of interacting with the scripts of the show, switching up characters and plot lines. He can make deals with the animator to help him out. He can issue a DCMA takedown of a character to remove them from the episode)

Take Sans out of the match by taking him out of the "show"?
Would writing into the script that "Sans surrenders & leaves" or such work? Yakko, AFAIK, lacks Mind Manipulation, despite his Plot Manipulation.

I guess maybe he could cut a deal with whatever kind of "animator" is present... if there is one. But what would the deal even be?

Yeah, I could see him doing that.
Sans opening the fight with what he considers his "strongest" attack, or at least, going practically all-out, Yakko's characterization & Toon Force would definitely have him pop up behind Sans to be like, "Hey, don't you think you should be more careful where you're throwing stuff? Bones need to go in the compost, bonehead!" (I'm sure the real Yakko could come up with better quips, though.)
Yeah, that's a very Yakko move lmao.
I believe this, but scans, please?
Here and here.
He does so? Transmutes enemy attacks/projectiles?
It looks like he needs to touch them first in order turn them, which would be a lot less useful. But what would be way more useful is his physics manipulation, such as him stopping the momentum of a plane right before it's about to crash. I can see him stopping it in midair like that. Or using time-stop on them, which seems to be thought-based.
You mean "Plot Manip the script to fast forward to when Sans takes his "Do nothing" turn, Immerse into the battleboard, & then punch Sans or such?
Damage Transferal onto Sans?"
I'm not sure if he would do something like that specifically, but he can use his plot manipulation to influence the direction the story can take as seen below.
& I'd question if he COULD Immerse into the battleboard, since I'm unsure if the Battleboard or Bulletboard or whatever it's called that's part of the UI where the SOUL moves through that's part of the rules of Undertale Sans kinds of abides by. Plus, unsure how Verse Equalization works.
If he can interact with the subtitles like this and things like the animator's stylus, I don't think he should have a problem doing what Chara did and manipulating the UI.
To Sans's credit, even when he falls asleep during his "Don't finish taking my turn, by doing nothing." turn, he still manages to dodge the initial slash. He's defeated because Chara or such throws in a second slash after he dodges, IIRC.

So catching him off-guard might not be sufficient.

But if Yakko can Damage Transferral stuff, Sans is kind of boned, no?
1 damage, 1 HP?
Yeah, if Sans tries telekinesis, that would be the play that gets him suckered in since that's Yakko's retaliation to being thrown or restrained.
So what about Plot Manipulation? Can Yakko's PM exhaust someone? Could it do something to harm Sans in a way Sans would likely fail to evade?
We'll be getting to that below.
Anvil? Sans sidesteps?
18-wheeler or something flies in through the wall to run over Sans? Sans teleports?
Giant pitfall trap opens in the floor? Sans teleports away?
About this, Yakko can also teleport other people as well. If he teleports, Yakko can teleport him right back into the range of fire.
I guess Yakko could do something like this:
Plot Manipulation (He is capable of interacting with the scripts of the show, switching up characters and plot lines. He can make deals with the animator to help him out. He can issue a DCMA takedown of a character to remove them from the episode)

Take Sans out of the match by taking him out of the "show"?
Would writing into the script that "Sans surrenders & leaves" or such work? Yakko, AFAIK, lacks Mind Manipulation, despite his Plot Manipulation.
The thing is that Yakko doesn't have mindhax, but his SI borders on it. His DMCA takedown move convinced a bunch of bloodlusted warriors to stop and surrender the fight immediately. Like say the fight takes place in his show or something adjacent. Since Sans is an unauthorized cameo by Toby Fox, Yakko can show him the DMCA to make him leave. The downside is that it takes about 14 seconds.
I guess maybe he could cut a deal with whatever kind of "animator" is present... if there is one. But what would the deal even be?
The animator has exhibited powers of Duplication, Size Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Existence Erasure and Sound Manipulation. Easiest thing for Yakko to do is ask the animator to EE/delete Sans from the scene.

Last edited:
If he can interact with the subtitles like this and things like the animator's stylus, I don't think he should have a problem doing what Chara did and manipulating the UI.
Ah, true.
If anyone could & would spam click a meta-UI, it'd probably be 1 of the Animaniacs. XD
Yeah, if Sans tries telekinesis, that would be the play that gets him suckered in since that's Yakko's retaliation to being thrown or restrained.
Ah yeah. Tragically, Sans usually doesn't use Telekinesis until later in the fight, unless one counts turning the SOUL Blue to ground it.
About this, Yakko can also teleport other people as well. If he teleports, Yakko can teleport him right back into the range of fire.
Ah yeah. In theory I imagine it could go something like:
Sans sends a bunch of bones.
Yakko: "Anyone get the name of that truck?"
Sans: "You mean the one you just got hit with, pal?"
Yakko: "No.... The one you're about to get hit with."
18 wheeler slams through the Comedy Club's wall, Sans teleports to dodge. "Phew. Glad he was wrong."
Yakko: "Ahhh, no no no. THAT truck." Yakko points up.
Sans is shown to be right below a skylight in the club's ceiling, from which he can see a truck already falling through from above. "Uh-oh."

....Or something like that.

I hope I'm not being too fanfic-y; I feel trying to write out how such scenarios could go while still being funny, is important for Yakko.
Although, the Animaniacs do seem to use teleportation of others to set up gags, so the "punchline" might not be delivered immediately enough for Sans's needs.
The thing is that Yakko doesn't have mindhax, but his SI borders on it. His DMCA takedown move convinced a bunch of bloodlusted warriors to stop and surrender the fight immediately. Like say the fight takes place in his show or something adjacent. Since Sans is an unauthorized cameo by Toby Fox, Yakko can show him the DMCA to make him leave. The downside is that it takes about 14 seconds.
Lol, that's fair.
Considering they're in a comedy club.... Man, if Yakko knew of Sans's fondness for ketchup....
Well, his Social Influencing would almost certainly seal the deal.
Or he'd annoy Sans with way too much of a good thing, IDK.
The animator has exhibited powers of Duplication, Size Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Existence Erasure and Sound Manipulation. Easiest thing for Yakko to do is ask the animator to EE/delete Sans from the scene.
Ah, that's good to know.
Would it be plausible for Yakko to do so?

Makes me wonder what happens if Yakko just asks the animator to delete all the Gaster Blasters or such.... (If he can even see them.)
Although, said animator also said tormenting her cartoons is 1 of her few outlets, & seemingly 1 of her most relished.

This is a very fun match up so far, IMHO; It's a little tricky to figure out, but it's fun to debate, even if I might be excessively extrapolating.

Ah yeah. In theory I imagine it could go something like:
Sans sends a bunch of bones.
Yakko: "Anyone get the name of that truck?"
Sans: "You mean the one you just got hit with, pal?"
Yakko: "No.... The one you're about to get hit with."
18 wheeler slams through the Comedy Club's wall, Sans teleports to dodge. "Phew. Glad he was wrong."
Yakko: "Ahhh, no no no. THAT truck." Yakko points up.
Sans is shown to be right below a skylight in the club's ceiling, from which he can see a truck already falling through from above. "Uh-oh."

....Or something like that.

I hope I'm not being too fanfic-y; I feel trying to write out how such scenarios could go while still being funny, is important for Yakko.
Oh definitely, I'm loving it for that reason.
Although, the Animaniacs do seem to use teleportation of others to set up gags, so the "punchline" might not be delivered immediately enough for Sans's needs.
True, but for one reason or another, while using SI, even bloodlusted characters seem to wait a moment for them to finish the punchline. That's something I should add to the profile at some point.
Ah, that's good to know.
Would it be plausible for Yakko to do so?
It would be plausible, but Yakko absolutely would not lead with it. Only if he detects some fourth wall bullshittery going on will he decide to fight back. Though, that doesn't absolve him from using PM altogether because as established, he has some equally potent leads to go with.
This is a very fun match up so far, IMHO; It's a little tricky to figure out, but it's fun to debate, even if I might be excessively extrapolating.
Oh for sure, I love debating for toons.

Lapse in thought. I meant to say "Okay, but how does Yakko actually survive Sans's attack(s).".

Though, given Yakko's Damage Transferral abilities, Sans could very well end up needing to survive his own attacks.

1 of the most clear examples, as already discussed, is the Warners, when being grabbed or thrown, would often cause their assailant to end up being thrown instead.

So if Sans ended up trying to blue SOUL Telekinesis hurl Yakko or such, such might apply to make Sans get thrown instead of Yakko.

Lapse in thought. I meant to say "Okay, but how does Yakko actually survive Sans's attack(s).".

Though, given Yakko's Damage Transferral abilities, Sans could very well end up needing to survive his own attacks.

1 of the most clear examples, as already discussed, is the Warners, when being grabbed or thrown, would often cause their assailant to end up being thrown instead.

So if Sans ended up trying to blue SOUL Telekinesis hurl Yakko or such, such might apply to make Sans get thrown instead of Yakko.
Is it really damage transferred? He just teleported a dude.

Is it really damage transferred? He just teleported a dude.
What?
Are you looking at these scans?:
Maid Rips presented them & I'm pretty sure they made the profile.
The times it happens, someone is about to throw/launch away the Warners, that being ends up being thrown instead, with the motion their trajectory would have.

We aren't shown the Warners picking them up or the grabber being swapped in place, & it's not as though the grabber is teleported from where they held 1 or more Warners to their trajectory's destination. They go from attempting to throw to being thrown themselves.

It seems clear enough to me.

What?
Are you looking at these scans?:

Maid Rips presented them & I'm pretty sure they made the profile.
The times it happens, someone is about to throw/launch away the Warners, that being ends up being thrown instead, with the motion their trajectory would have.

We aren't shown the Warners picking them up or the grabber being swapped in place, & it's not as though the grabber is teleported from where they held 1 or more Warners to their trajectory's destination. They go from attempting to throw to being thrown themselves.

It seems clear enough to me.
Eh. I'm not very convinced but don't wanna make a CRT either, so I'll consider it damage transferral as the profiles say.
Anyway, how does Sans counter all the hax Yakko has?

Eh. I'm not very convinced but don't wanna make a CRT either, so I'll consider it damage transferral as the profiles say.
Anyway, how does Sans counter all the hax Yakko has?
Soul Hax can do him in and Time Stop can make things difficult for him to dodge. Sans has the physicals advantage and Yakko has the hax advantage. It’s just more likely that Yakko would start with it, I think.

& besides what was said, the Damage Transferral doesn't seem to often happen against non-throws.
There's another example, but I'm gonna wait until I go through the entire series and reboot to make a solidified argument on it in the profile.

Ironically this seems the one where Sans has the AP advantage as he upscales from 7 MJ while the opponent is from just 1 MJ.

Though following.

What can Yakko do against the first move though? If he doesn't have experience with those, he'll immediately find himself stabbed from the bones after being pinned on the ground.

What can Yakko do against the first move though? If he doesn't have experience with those, he'll immediately find himself stabbed from the bones after being pinned on the ground.
Teleporting or activating Damage Transferal. Maybe both.

Is the teleporting though based? And how does the other work?
Thought-based afaik. He doesn’t need to perform any physical motions or say anything to do it. He just does it. And as soon as he’s lifted or thrown, like what Sans’s telekinesis does, the effects automatically transfer to the person who inflicted it.

Yeah no, then Yakko stomps.

I checked the clips for Damage Transferral and whatever Sans does gets "No U'd" to him without Yakko being damaged (plus he's already used to Soul attacks), and the plot hax would just make nonsense things happen against Sans.

Someone should close this, I just don't see how Sans can win here.

Damage Transferal has only been demonstrated on lifting/throwing/pushing-based attacks. Yakko has taken Soul attacks as physical damage before, but that doesn’t mean he still can’t get hurt by them to a substantial degree, and his plot hax requires time to set up. His best plot hax, the DMCA takedown, takes like 15 seconds to do, and Sans still has a chance of using danmaku against him and destroying him with quantity. He still has a pretty good wincon.

If it's like that, then Sans can simply focus on throwing bones/gaster blasters the moment he sees that TK is counterproductive.

Plus the teleport isn't really useful when Sans uses his time stop in a similar manner.

If it's like that, then Sans can simply focus on throwing bones/gaster blasters the moment he sees that TK is counterproductive.

Plus the teleport isn't really useful when Sans uses his time stop in a similar manner.
If you've read the arguments from above you'd know that the one advantage Yakko has to counter that is that he can teleport others as well as himself. Yakko can also timestop in a similar manner (although he hasn't shown the capacity to harm people during it, like Sans), and can alternatively freeze his opponent in time though he doesn't open up with this.

Back