• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X Drake vs Jack

So Base Drake not only downscales from Yamato, but was a threat even in Base to Apoo, whose durability downscales from Base Kid, so Base Drake scales to Apoo's durability (not to mention he downscales from a pissed base Yamato and matched no-Haki Zoro).

Zoan Drake is superior to Base, and downscales from the CP0 agents who tanked Kazenbo and took Apoo's Boom better than Base Luffy (who even in Base had yonko-lvl durability) did.

Jack in Base is Base Scabbard level (I'd say the same as Drake), while his Zoan/Hybrid form is >= Base Neko and Inu (as his Hybrid overpowered an equally injured base Inu until Sulong kicked back in).

While Base Drake and Base Jack are even, I'd say Zoan Drake probably beats Zoan Jack, since Hybrid Drake held his own offscreen against the Base Yonko level CP0 agents and even made the CP0 leader bleed before being defeated (even though he still lost hence why he downscales), while Jack was stomped by Sulong Neko and Inu, who are inferior to Base Kaido who Kazenbo is on a comparable level to (since it damaged Yamato).

Also, Zoan Drake definitely has the durability advantage, as his Zoan form took hits off-screen from Apoo's Devil Fruit (which knocked out Base Luffy who has Yonko lvl durability), while Jack was beaten to near-death by 2 Sulong Scabbards who couldn't do anything other than minor harm to Base Kaido. Yes Base Kaido's durability scales above his AP but I doubt the Sulong Scabbards were comparable to base Kaido in AP.

Yes, Jack has better stamina, but Drake still fought for an extended period of time against Apoo and his forces to protect Chopper, and almost right afterwards attacked Apoo and then fought CP0.

I doubt the fight will last for days.

Also, Jack is kind of arrogant, while Drake isn't and will be fully on-guard.

Both are willing to jump into Zoan ASAP, so once their base forms stalemate they'll both quickly transform.

Speed-wise they are even since Jack = Ashura who reacted to Kaido's attacks, while Drake reacted to Apoo's Devil Fruit attacks (which surprised Base Luffy according to Apoo's profile), as well as a pissed off Base Yamato.

Voting Drake, 6.5/10 times.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who wins but didn't Drake get eventually defeated by some random Bowler Hat dude while Jack had to get jumped by 2 Scabbards who were at full power? I'm not the biggest fan of either of these characters but it seems Jack The Jobber wins this one.

I'm not sure who wins but didn't Drake get eventually defeated by some random Bowler Hat dude while Jack had to get jumped by 2 Scabbards who were at full power? I'm not the biggest fan of either of these characters but it seems Jack The Jobber wins this one.
That Bowler Hat dude is not only comparable to Maha, who was unharmed by Kazenbo which hurt Base Yamato, but he also took Apoo's Boom better than Base Luffy (who took hits from Big Mom and Kaido in base) did.

He also easily pierced Zoan Drake, who off-screen took those same sound attacks from Apoo.

That Bowler Hat Dude is above any of the scabbards.

And Jack was only at best ever even with a scabbard, asides from his injured Hybrid overpowering an equally injured base Inu until Sulong Inu (which mind you is below Base Kaido) demolished him.

Sulong Neko and Inu together stomped Zoan Jack HARD, but could only do minor damage to Base/Zoan Kaido.

That Bowler Hat dude is not only comparable to Maha, who was unharmed by Kazenbo which hurt Base Yamato, but he also took Apoo's Boom better than Base Luffy (who took hits from Big Mom and Kaido in base) did.
Wow a powerful explosion ( that may have had armament imbued in it somehow ) right on/in your head can knock you unconscious if you don't happen to have a mask protecting your head?

Wow a powerful explosion ( that may have had armament imbued in it somehow )
Head cannon
right on/in your head can knock you unconscious if you don't happen to have a mask protecting your head?
Dude both times he used Boom the explosion hit their entire damn body.

If anything the CP0 agent thought Apoo was out so he was way less on guard for the Boom compared to Luffy, who knew Apoo was going to attack, just not in a way he could defend against.

It's funny we've recently learned bowler hat dude's name is Guernica and that's who took the pic of Gear 5 Luffy, meaning he survived.
does that effect Drake's scaling in any way?

It's funny we've recently learned bowler hat dude's name is Guernica and that's who took the pic of Gear 5 Luffy, meaning he survived.
does that effect Drake's scaling in any way?
If anything, that helps Zoan/Hybrid Drake. A lot.

The dude managed to fight and draw blood from Guernica (once offscreen, as Guernica is bleeding down his mask when he says Drake put up a good fight, and then again when Drake stabs him from behind), who survived a blow from Kaido and was still healthy enough to take photos of Luffy.

Yes, Drake lost, but he held his own and was considered a good fight by this guy.

Compare this to how the 2 Sulongs working together could only leave minor scratches and cuts on Base/Dragon Kaido, yet they still stomped Zoan Jack HARD, and would've killed him had Kaido not intervened.

Zoan/Hybrid Jack can definitely do similar levels of damage to Zoan Jack.

Last edited:
i'll go with Drake fra
That makes it 5-0 in Drake's favor, so 2 more and it'll be grace.

Edit:

Quick recap of their advantages and disadvantages:

Drake:

• Zoan Form has superior AP by a notable margin (as he held his own against someone [Guernica] who is much stronger than the people who stomped Zoan Jack [aka, Sulong Neko and Inu])
  • Zoan form is FAR more durable (Superior to Base Post-Udon Luffy who took hits from BM and Kaido in base, while Jack is only scabbard level in durability)
  • While inferior in stamina, will still be able to last long enough to defeat Jack
  • No-nonsense fighter, and thus is likely to go for the kill and not toy with his opponent
  • His Zoan and Hybrid forms allow him to use his power much better than Jack's large and cumbersome Zoan forms (compare Drake's humanoid Hybrid form to Jack's massive target of a Hybrid form, and Drake's Allosaurus form to Jack's underwhelming mammoth form that hasn't ever been shown to let Jack use his power well)
= Speed is equal in Base and Zoan
= Base Drake and Base Jack are even in basically every category

Jack:
+ If he could outlast Drake, he could win...
  • ...but considering Drake scales above the Sulong Scabbards who stomped him, this is highly unlikely
  • His Zoan form is outclassed in AP and durability
  • Arrogant and won't take the no-nonsense Drake seriously at first
= Base Jack is equal to Base Drake
= Speed is equal

Last edited:
[Guernica] who is much stronger than the people who stomped Zoan Jack [aka, Sulong Neko and Inu]
2 things about that.

1. What's his chain? How is he higher? I legit don't know
2. Stomped-? Didn't two of them jump him and still got stalemated for days, then in onigashima beat him only after a whole nation of sulongs took a crack at him?

2 things about that.

1. What's his chain? How is he higher? I legit don't know
Zoan Drake drew blood from Guernica twice and fought a good fight against him offscreen (as stated by Guernica himself), and Guernica not only took the Yonko-level Boom better than Luffy did, but tanked the Kazenbo (which hurt the Yonko-level base Yamato) with little to no damage, and survived a blow from a pissed Shuron Hakke + Haoshoku Infusion (as there was purple lightning when Kaido struck him) + Hybrid Kaido and with enough left energy left in him to take photos of Gear 5 and send them to the WG.

In short, Zoan Drake held his own against and drew blood from someone who at the very least is base yonko level in both durability and AP (as he pierced Drake's own yonko-level durability which offscreen took sound attacks from Apoo which scale to Base Luffy's Yonko lvl durability).

Meanwhile, Sulong Neko and Inu could only do minor damage to Dragon Kaido and were easily overpowered by a serious Base Kaido when they did a combined attack, and keep in mind they stomped Jack in those same Sulong forms (and later when Inu fought Jack on his own, his Sulong form stomped Hybrid Jack).

So basically:

Hybrid Drake is somewhat weaker than Base Yonko level in AP, but is definitely comparable and can hold his own (and due to taking Apoo's sound attacks is more durable than Base Post-Udon Luffy who took hits from the Yonko).

Also, you could definitely argue that, while Buso Zoro was not serious against Apoo until he one-shot him with Shishi Sonson (meaning Hybrid Drake does not scale to Full Power Buso Zoro), he did put in more effort against Apoo than he did when he effortlessly blocked the Kaifu with 1 busoshoku sword (seriously, both the manga and anime show Zoro effortlessly smacking that Kaifu away casually with his sword, and compare that to casual Zoro struggling with Apoo, who Hybrid Drake scales to).

So Hybrid Drake probably scales above Kiku, who is equal to Jack.

Zoan/Hybrid Jack got demolished by 2 people who are well below base Yonko level, and even got stomped by one of those people again in their rematch once Inu went Sulong.
2. Stomped-? Didn't two of them jump him and still got stalemated for days, then in onigashima beat him only after a whole nation of sulongs took a crack at him?
That was Neko and Inu's base forms.

When they went Sulong form, Zoan Jack got beaten to a pulp and would've died had Kaido not stepped in.

Welp- I guess Drake's reasoning makes sense when used in that chain. Also voting drake. Jack's a damage sponge but that's about his only wincon
I wouldn't say damage sponge, more like stamina beast.

A few minutes of Sulong spanking and he was unable to even stand.

Drake took damage from Apoo's sound attacks off-screen, was already injured by Queen, and fought Apoo and his forces for over 20 minutes, and was only taken down by CP0

Any panels of her attacking him?
On Luffy's profile, they literally mention that his Base Post-Udon key took a Heavenly Bonbon from Big Mom (it was that scene where Luffy challenged Law and Kid to basically a game of chicken when Big Mom blasted them.

Luffy also took part of Kaido's Thunder Bagua (since he wasn't able to fully dodge it and got hit on the head), and took casual attacks from Hybrid Kaido that sent him flying and still got up.

To quote @Eminiteable on the power of Apoo's DF:

"Cutting Zoro and Kid could be argued as reasonable downscaling since despite the blood shown it wasn't a serious wound to either, but Luffy was straight up knocked out by an explosion. And Luffy's durability scales to [Yonko level]"

On Luffy's profile, they literally mention that his Base Post-Udon key took a Heavenly Bonbon from Big Mom (it was that scene where Luffy challenged Law and Kid to basically a game of chicken when Big Mom blasted them.

Luffy also took part of Kaido's Thunder Bagua (since he wasn't able to fully dodge it and got hit on the head), and took casual attacks from Hybrid Kaido that sent him flying and still got up.

To quote @Eminiteable on the power of Apoo's DF:

"Cutting Zoro and Kid could be argued as reasonable downscaling since despite the blood shown it wasn't a serious wound to either, but Luffy was straight up knocked out by an explosion. And Luffy's durability scales to [Yonko level]"
Sure, but that confrontation with Apoo was before his fight with the Emperors ( and he is shown to adapt and grow in battle and increase his durability/endurance ), and he got up very shortly after he got hit by Boom. Also he has a resistance to a lot of fire attacks. We've been over the fact that Akainu's ambient heat didn't bother him, for example.

Sure, but that confrontation with Apoo was before his fight with the Emperors ( and he is shown to adapt and grow in battle and increase his durability/endurance ), and he got up very shortly after he got hit by Boom. Also he has a resistance to a lot of fire attacks. We've been over the fact that Akainu's ambient heat didn't bother him, for example.
Tell that to @KingTempest and @Eminiteable then, because I'm not the one who came up with that Apoo scaling, I just use it.

Tell that to @KingTempest and @Eminiteable then, because I'm not the one who came up with that Apoo scaling, I just use it.
I'd rather not, it's tedious to try and convince them to change the scaling. Not saying they don't listen to other people's opinions/objections but it'd probably be a lot of back and forth and I don't consider it that serious honestly.

KT doesnt want to be involved with OP scaling anyway so you could always try.
Nah, in another CRT Emin pointed out that him knocking out Base Post Udon Luffy (who has Yonko lvl durability) is a Yonko-lvl feat for Apoo's Devil Fruit.

Also his Boom did more damage to Guernica than Kazenbo, which damaged Yamato.

This match has already been added to both profiles, so this can be closed if anyone wants.

Back