• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE: Filemaking Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Because I'm actually getting a stroke every time I see these files, I'm suggesting the following standards to be put in place for them:
  • Utilize only information given out "in-universe", and not real-world information for characters or props, as WWE can very well change those around in their narrative or simply do not care.
    • Only exceptions to these are heights and weights (if not stated otherwise) for calculating convenience.
  • Please do not composite wrestlers across multiple leagues, since that's be akin to cross-verse scaling.
  • It is disallowed to make files for excessively minor wrestlers or characters, example include guest stars like Donald Trump, Snooki and John Stewart
Pretty basic rules, but alot of files seem to ignore 'em, hence thread.

I agree, and I also believe that the most unorthodox abilities, such as those currently given to Adam Cole, should be evaluated first.
My lifespan is getting shortened at a logarithmic rate for every second I lay eyes upon these abominations.

Anyways yeah some of these files are wanked as all hell and poor regardless of these standards, will likely downgrade them altogether on a later thread.

It is disallowed to make files for excessively minor wrestlers or characters, example include guest stars like Donald Trump, Snooki and John Stewart
Are there ulterior motives at play with this?

Jokes aside, after looking through the pages myself, I do agree there needs to be some level of quality control. The weird "(Scan)" thing particularly gets under my skin.

seems fine
but i'm gonna bring up the elephant in the room but what about wrestlers that have a continuing plot across wrestling companies like kenny omega

Yep, makes sense.

WWE nitpicks canonicity from other companies/promotions. It even make character changes and retcons among other things within its own canon.
Only AEW and other companies ever actually uses content from other companies as canon to a greater extent, and even then it's not 100% as that's just how wrestling works.

I know Adam Cole's profile is intended to be composite, but this Resurrection stuff is from the Being The Elite youtube series, and even then that video series is semi-canon to AEW only. Furthermore AFAIK it's not acknowledged as canon in WWE, while his profile looks more like a WWE centric than a Composite one. As loosely as that sounds because of how wrestling works.

Overall, even as a wrestling fan, it sounds fun, good and all as an idea, but in practice I'm 50/50 with the creation of these profiles.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

I think that we have probably received sufficient agreements to apply these suggestions, probably as rules in the WWE (Verse) page.

We're already questioning the profile right now. Some of the stuff added just doesn't make sense on paper.

I won't mention the person who made it (because I'm not that kind of guy), but he honestly should've made a rough draft first (I believe me, along with others told him to do that) before making the profile, as that's what I, along with others did for characters like Big Show, John Cena, and Chris Jericho. Putting "(Scan)" in the profiles doesn't fit the standards of the wiki in general.

My apologies for inconvenience, though I would really appreciate it if some of y'all would help evaluate the profiles.

Please clarify what page that you are referring to exactly.

Also, did you read the first post of this thread?

Thank you for helping out.

Tell us here when you are done and we should close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back