• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this warrant use of E=MC2?

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So I was watching a playthrough of Phantasy Star Universe and near the end of the second chapter of the game, I found this little exchange.

-Dorso: I...I don't believe it?! How is this possible? How is this possible?

-Kare: Doctor, what is the matter?

-Dorso: I have...I've made a terrible mistake! Take a look at this. It's an A-Photon Reactor. It draws Photons from the Air and transforms it into A-Photon Energy.

-Hyuga: Aren't A-Photons supposed to be this great "new" source of energy? How'd that get here?

-Dorso: Don't you...it was here all along. But there's a bigger problem. This proves the relics were powered by A-Photon energy!

The dialogue can be found here

I was told in the chat that this would indeed warrant E=MC2, but I just wanted to make sure. And if it does warrant E=MC2, how would I go about calculating the yields? By the mass of the Relics they power or something else?

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Is A-Photon matter? It doesn't sound like it is based on the dialogue, so it seems like it's just changing one form of energy to another that can be used. Also, if it is matter, the relics still only sound to be powered by it, not made of it, so directly converting the relics' mass to energy wouldn't work. Maybe if you know the mass of whatever they use to store the energy, but even then that would only work if they could actually output all of it at once, as opposed to just outputting it but by bit.

I guess it's a no-go, then. Thanks for the help, guys.

And no, it doesn't seem like A-Photons are anything other than actual Photons.

Back