• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would This Grant Resistance to Electricity Manipulation?

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So here's the thing... So, Nokotan is hanging off power lines with her antlers:

Birds don't get electrocuted from power lines because they only stand on one line, thus they wouldn't complete a circuit. However, when a bird decides to stand on more than one wire, they would get electrocuted since they completed a circuit. Nokotan is basically in a position where she would complete a circuit since she's hanging off multiple power lines.

However, antlers are primarily made of bone, which are dielectric and semi-conductive: https://math.arizona.edu/~gabitov/teaching/131/math_485_585/Midterm_Reports/Bones.pdf

At the same time, out of all tissue, bone is the most resistant to electricity: https://www.labce.com/spg578188_electrical_resistance_and_current_pathway_through_.aspx

Overhead power lines generally have a voltage range from 155000 to 765000 volts (hundred times greater than the initial discharge of the electric chair), although I couldn't find any amperage figures for power lines.

Would any of this provide Nokotan with Resistance to Electricity Manipulation? If so, would Koshitan also get this since not only did she get touched by Nokotan's mucus line while Nokotan hung from the power lines, but she also had to physically get Nokotan down (Koshitan isn't an electrician or a trained rescue worker, so she wouldn't know how to safely do that)?

From what I gathered on my own watch, there was no indication that Nokotan was actually getting electrocuted.

The main danger in the scene came from the fall and the animals preying upon Nokotan; if she really was in danger of being electrocuted, Koshitan would’ve definitely mentioned that during her mental breakdown.

Besides, bone being considered dielectric doesn’t really help this.

From what I gathered on my own watch, there was no indication that Nokotan was actually getting electrocuted.

The main danger in the scene came from the fall and the animals preying upon Nokotan; if she really was in danger of being electrocuted, Koshitan would’ve definitely mentioned that during her mental breakdown.

Besides, bone being considered dielectric doesn’t really help this.
I mean, she's still on power lines even if Koshitan didn't get to that part. Common sense doesn't exactly paint a good picture for being on two power lines.

Back