• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would goku/whis/beerus get killed by a FLEIJA?

It may seem strange but I wanted to know if someone like goku/beerus/whis would be killed by an attack that literally destroys matter leaving a vaccumn.

http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/F.L.E.I.J.A.

It is a bomb of an unknown type, developed using sakuradite to cause a tremendous collapse effect obliterating all matter within its area of effect.

Here's it's detonation sequence

Sakuradite Explosion

Sakuradite within the F.L.E.I.J.A. is detonated in mid-air.

Nuclear Fission

The immediate energy caused by the sakuradite explosion then causes a nuclear fission reaction.

Folkvangr Field Creation

The collapse effect starts at the creation of a Folkvangr Field.

Sessrumnir Sphere Expansion

The collapse effect known as the Sessrumnir Sphere expands until it reaches its set range capacity.

Sessrumnir Sphere Reduction and Vanished (Space Transfer)

The Sessrumnir Sphere then rapidly reduces until it vanishes, along with everything caught inside the sphere. Air rushes to fill the space that the sphere (along with all matter absorbed into it) once occupied. This effect also damages nearby units and vehicles.

I'm not saying that Goku would be killed by a FLEIJA, his speed would be well beyond it, I'm asking if he stood there and took a direct hit would he be obliterated because he's made of matter. The thing about the FLEIJA is that it's from a science fiction verse where all people are more like real people. That means everyone is at best superhuman+. Since the FLEIJA ignores conventional durability, I was wondering if it could kill Goku if he tanked it.

This bomb obliterates all matter within a certain radius, right? This appears to be a form of hax that can take out any Dragon Ball character if they get caught in the blast. Only characters resistant to matter manipulation can survive the bomb.

That's correct, a large vaccum of space is left where air rushes in, and no trace of dust or debris is left. I was thinking that the only kind of character that could survive are tier 2 or higher or characters with magic that can transcend the laws of physics.

There are characters below Tier 2 that can possibly survive obliteration, like maybe SCP-682 and Doomsday.

Well if you put it in that way yes. A bunch of characters from UQ holder probably could to for being immortal to a pretty much absolute degree (there's no god characters so anyone who is immortal with A ranked or higher is pretty much fine).

Like characters that are immune to physical attacks, (ghost characters) http://uq-holder.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Sasaki

(He's actually immortal to etheral attacks too meaning even if there were things that could cut him in his ghost form, it wouldn't kill him).

So basically immortal characters or characters with high magical abilities.

By the way, there's no profile for this kind of weapon and I never watched Code Geass. Think you can make it?

I dunno, sounds like a NFL, we need to know the AP of the bomb, what if it only destroys a certain amount of matter? Because, maybe it can ignore durability to a certian deegree, but you would need an AP of High Multi-Galaxy to Universal to damage the God Tiers.

And we already saw Ki attacks desintegrating matter before, that's the reason they could kill Cell and Buu, because the former can regenerate on cellular level (his core is just a cell on his head) and the later can regenerate on a molecular, likely atomic level (he can regenerate even after being turned into smoke).

And I like the fact that the hax the God Tiers have can actually be useful now, Beerus can nullify or redirect the attack, because you know, he did that to an attack that was going to reduce the entire Macrocosm (2.5 Universes) to a vacuum of nothingness. And Whis has matter manipulation which can help him negate the attack too, not to mention his time and space hax.

Alexcar3000 said:
And we already saw Ki attacks desintegrating matter before, that's the reason they could kill Cell and Buu, because the former can regenerate on cellular level (his core is just a cell on his head) and the later can regenerate on a molecular, likely atomic level (he can regenerate even after being turned into smoke).
I have no real opinion on this topic, but I would like to point out that we've only seen most ki attacks go as far cellular level destruction, which is what happened to Cell (because he was reduced to molecules). Not sure about Buu, but he likely had molecular level regen (as you said, he was completely turned into smoke and regenerated just fine), and the Spirit Bomb was needed to permanently get rid of him. As for atomic (possibly) and subatomic (definitely) destruction, that would likely override the defenses of anyone we've seen in DBZ, thus far. Completely erasing matter on a fundamental level should be way higher than just breaking something down to its molecules, atoms, or even below that.

The thing with the FLEIJA is that the way it functions isn't considered over powered in it's verse simply because it acts as a much more powerful nuke.

I don't really think you can call it a NLF because it was stated explicitly and shown to destroy matter. Though the mechanism in which it is shown isn't described in explicit detail, really just four steps of science fiction and things like Sakuradite which only exist in code geass.

I'm a bit unsure what kind of tier that would make it in terms of attack potency.

Beerus could also choose to fly straight and he would survive, FLEIJA range is only about 100km anyway. FLEIJA isn't really a weapon that's fast enough to kill them. I'm saying what would happen if they did NOTHING. Also is that a new episode of super? I haven't seen it yet, I'm only on episode 25 lol.

Alexcar3000 said:
@Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot
Well, what about turning 2.5 Universes into a vacuum of nothingness? Beerus nullified that attack with his hax, that's pretty close to that IMO.
Beerus nullified an attack that was going to destroy the universe, yes. However, that is not the same as completely erasing matter/energy as opposed to just breaking it down to its fundamental particles. I have no idea how FLEIJA works, but if it's like that, then I don't see the god tiers surviving it. If it's not, they would likely just shrug it off.

Aurasuke said:
Beerus could also choose to fly straight and he would survive, FLEIJA range is only about 100km anyway. FLEIJA isn't really a weapon that's fast enough to kill them. I'm saying what would happen if they did NOTHING. Also is that a new episode of super? I haven't seen it yet, I'm only on episode 25 lol.
No, it was the SSG Goku Vs. Beerus fight in ep12, Old Kaioshin stated that 2.5 punches would turn 2.5 Universes (the Macrocosm) into a vacuum of nothingness, Goku learned to nullify the attack after the second punch, but the Ki clash in ep 13 (I think) acted as the third punch and created a gigantic explosion that engulfed the entire Macrocosm... and Beerus nullified that.. and the same feat happend multiple times after that and he kept nullifying each one.

well technically goku said something about matching his momentum with beerus, but it seemed to me that they didn't really understand what momentum really means lol.

Basic energy can't really be used to turn something into nothing (one of many reasons being said energy would still exist), so it seems more like the universe would have just been reduced to nothing but basic particles, not that said particles would actually stop existing.

Dbs characters havent shown to be resistance to any sort of matter manipulation hax yet which is why its hard to match them up against characters in their tier because they lack hax.The only person in dbs so far who could possibly surviving a matter erasing move would be whis and possibly vados because they themselves have been shown to manipulate matter but they themselves havent been hit by such a move so we cant assume they can survive it until they show they can so if fleija really is hax that bypasses durability and destroys matter then dbs characters have no defense against it and would all die.

well Whis reversed time by 3 minutes, so I supppose from a scientific perspective he interaccted with matter, but does that mean i think different standards are used in fiction, for example homura's time stop and 2 months time reversal would require literally infinite energy.

btw for something like FLEIJA what tier do you guys think I should put it in? It's not really reality warping since it's comes from a "Scientific" anime, though their is Geass but that has nothing to do with the FLEIJA

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Basic energy can't really be used to turn something into nothing (one of many reasons being said energy would still exist), so it seems more like the universe would have just been reduced to nothing but basic particles, not that said particles would actually stop existing.
But Ki isn't basic energy :p

Anyways that would mean that the bomb can't do it either, it's just another case of fiction messing with the laws of our Universe as always, their clash was going to destroy all matter/energy on the Universe (I think that's what "reducing it into a vacuum of nothingness" means), I mean, that's why we put Beerus at 3-A and not Low 2-C, because I can't say that were going to destroy the Universe, including time if they said "reducing it into a vacuum of nothingness" and that implies just matter/energy, not time.

Alexcar3000 said:
But Ki isn't basic energy :p

Anyways that would mean that the bomb can't do it either, it's just another case of fiction messing with the laws of our Universe as always, their clash was going to destroy all matter/energy on the Universe (I think that's what "reducing it into a vacuum of nothingness" means), I mean, that's why we put Beerus at 3-A and not Low 2-C, because I can't say that were going to destroy the Universe, including time if they said "reducing it into a vacuum of nothingness" and that implies just matter/energy, not time.
It is, though. lol It's not really magic. It's just the basic energy inside all living things. It still functions like energy.

Never said the bomb could, as again, never watched this show in my life. I'm saying that you can't use energy to cause matter and energy to completely disappear. Break things down to a fundamental level, yes. Completely erase, no.

it's a really good show, not because it's strong, it's actually one of the weaker verses if you don't count mind controlling hax, but it's kind of like death note but better. it got more awards than evangelion and broke records.

It is, though. lol It's not really magic. It's just the basic energy inside all living things. It still functions like energy.

Never said the bomb could, as again, never watched this show in my life. I'm saying that you can't use energy to cause matter and energy to completely disappear. Break things down to a fundamental level, yes. Completely erase, no.
Ki is like spiritual energy that comes from the soul (read that on kanzenshuu about an interview with Toriyama if you want to know where I got that) any living being has one (but I find it weird that even celestial objects has Ki lol), it isn't basic energy, just like Mana (magic) isn't either. And we still don't know what Godly Ki is so...

Might have to check it out, then.
You definitely won't regret it, it got a rating of 8.8-9/10 for a reason lol.

The animation, music, and characters are all top notch, but I have to reccomend the dubbed voice over the subbed this time.

That doesn't make it not basic energy. In fact, it functions like most other types of energy (theatrics with beam struggles and such aside), so putting the whole mystic feel behind it really shouldn't change how it works. As for "Godly Ki", unless we see proof it can actually cause matter and energy to cease to exist, even on a fundamental level, it's speculation to assume it could from one line that likely just meant everything in the universe would be completely destroyed.

That doesn't make it not basic energy. In fact, it functions like most other types of energy (theatrics with beam struggles and such aside), so putting the whole mystic feel behind it really shouldn't change how it works. As for "Godly Ki", unless we see proof it can actually cause matter and energy to cease to exist, even on a fundamental level, it's speculation to assume it could from one line that likely just meant everything in the universe would be completely destroyed.
Well, what can we do? It's the author himself that said so (not that Toriyama knows science or anything lol).

Alexcar3000 said:
Well, what can we do? It's the author himself that said so (not that Toriyama knows science or anything lol).
I thought it was Old Kai that said it? Or are you talking about the nature of ki thing? lol

Alexcar3000 said:
I thought it was Old Kai that said it? Or are you talking about the nature of ki thing? lol
The Ki thing was Toriyama (but you can say that he said both, as he did write the "in this episode the Universe will be in danger of destruction" script thingy). But the "destruction" part could be interpreted different by TOEI, just imagine what would've happen if they DID went on the "completly destruction, uncluding space-time" route, lol.

Back