• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonder Man CRT - Part 1: the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
First thing first, intelligence. It should be upgraded to genius.

P&A adds:
  • Basics such as Energy projection and Energy manipulation, and he should have immortality type 1 too - Wonder Man Vol 2 23/West Coast Vol 2 12
    • Also Inorganic Physiology.
  • Rename energy form to incorporeality - Wonder Man Special #1
  • Resistance to Gravity Manip. Graviton had trouble holding Wondy down - West Coast Avengers Vol 1 3 and 4. Can cancel out Gravity - West Coast Avengers Vol 3 80
  • Phasing? - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 7
  • Fire - Wonder Man Vol 2 25
  • Transformation - aside from the obvious, he can turn into a demon. - Avengers Vol 194/Wonder Man Vol 2 25
    • These scans will be used for shapeshifting instead
  • Absorption - can absorb powers and energies he shared with others. - Wonder Man Vol 2 25. Can absorb life energy of others - West Coast Vol 3 65
  • Statistics amplification - can increase his powers with transformations and also with absorption - Wonder Man Vol 2 25
  • Power bestowal - can pass on his energies to others. - Wonder Man Vol 2 25
  • Resistance to heat and extremetemperatures - Marvel Premiere #55 and Avengers Annual 10/Wonder Man Special #1/Avengers Vol 1 206
  • Resistance to life/death manipulation - his brother can kill people with his scythe and he can be unaffected by it. Due to being energy, life and death manip don't work on him. - West Coast Vol 2 12/Vol 3 65
  • Resistance to life force absorption - resist Rogue's touch - Avengers Annual 10
  • Resists absorptions - Avengers Vol 208
  • Self-Sustenance type 1. In his fight against Graviton, he was underwater for quite a longtime. - Wonder Man Special #1/West Coast Avengers Vol 1 3 and 4
    • Type 2 and 3 - Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe #12
  • Invulnerability - Wonder Man Special #1
  • Resistance to possession - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 14
    • Change to immunity
  • Resistance to phasing- Vision tries his phasing thing, but he learns a harsh lesson - Wonder Man Vol 2 9
    • Change to NPI apparently
  • Resistance to toxins/gasses - doesn't have normal lungs - Marvel Premiere #55/Wonder Man Vol 2 4
  • Body Control - Wonder Man Special #1 and Wonder Man Vol 2 14 and Wonder Man Vol 2 25
  • Resistance to magnetism - Scarlet Witch and the Vision Vol 1 12
    • magnetism based power null
  • martialarts - Marvel Premiere #55
  • Resists hellfire - West Coast Avengers Vol 3 52

Scan ads:
  • Size manipulation - can change his size at will - Wonder Man Vol 2 25
  • Regeneration - Help me identify it please
    • Force Works #1
    • With the help of Wanda, survives being ripped apart atom by atom - Force Works #1 and Avengers Vol 3 4

What's this?
  • Does this to Ultron - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 7

Last edited:
First thing first, intelligence. It should be upgraded to genius.
...maybe I'm just blind but like... I don't see where he states he fixed it
  • Basics such as Energy projection and Energy manipulation, and he should have immortality type 1 too - Wonder Man Vol 2 23/West Coast Vol 2 12
Type 1 Immortality scan can also give Inorganic Physiology (due to the "all ionic" statement)
Honestly this scan alone is what's needed to justify Type 1 Self-Sustenance and Immunity to Temperature
Honestly this is just LS
  • Can cancel out Gravity - West Coast Avengers Vol 3 80
And this is tech manip, notice he mentions that Wonder Man's ionic form ***** with the apparatus specific.
  • Phasing? - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 7
Looks speculative, could just be Wonder Man tanking it
  • Transformation - aside from the obvious, he can turn into a demon. - Avengers Vol 194/Wonder Man Vol 2 25
This is under shapeshifting I think, rather than Transformation
  • Statistics amplification - can increase his powers with transformations and also with absorption - Wonder Man Vol 2 25
I think this could just be referring to the shapeshifting itself though, rather than an amp
  • Resistance to life/death manipulation - his brother can kill people with his scythe and he can be unaffected by it. Due to being energy, life and death manip don't work on him. - West Coast Vol 2 12/Vol 3 65
Grim Reaper scan, the scythe just can't penetrate Wonder Man, so it's arguable if the P&A was working, and Half-Life's thing was moreso "Type 1 resisting age manip", it seems kinda invalid
This isn't really resisting absorption, just overpowering the absorber before its too late.
    • Type 2 and 3 - Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe #12
We don't list handbook P&A
Seems moreso exaggeration
  • Resistance to possession - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 14
This is a straight up immunity, no?
  • Resistance to phasing - Vision tries his phasing thing, but he learns a harsh lesson - Wonder Man Vol 2 9
This looks more like NPI
Lump this all under Shapeshifting too :v
This looks more like Magnetism-based Power Null
  • Resists hellfire - West Coast Avengers Vol 3 52
I mean... he's still affected by it
  • Regeneration - Help me identify it please
    • Force Works #1
    • With the help of Wanda, survives being ripped apart atom by atom - Force Works #1 and Avengers Vol 3 4
Last scan looks like High regen
What's this?
  • Does this to Ultron - West Coast Avengers Vol 2 7
Looks like nothing to be honest, just Wonder Man exploiting Ultron's internal structural weakness

Rest is fine

I think this is more due to the Ap of the attack than the resistance itself
I mean that's a bit of headcanon-ey distinction I feel :v

If it's an inconclusive scenario like this we opt to not list the feat altogether, purposefully our rules reflect this

Haven't forgotten about this, will get back to it soon. Just irl stuff got in the way **** you life

...maybe I'm just blind but like... I don't see where he states he fixed it
Yeah, I meant to say could, not can or actually did. My b. Anyway, the device is broken and can only send backward in time. They need to fix it and Wonder Man is the only one who knows how to - or so he thinks so. In those three scans he says he can fix it but doesn't have the parts for it.

I think it can still qualify for gifted, no?

West Coast Vol 2 #18 - 19,

Also, reading this arc, I realised how many powers Khonshu has.

We don't list handbook P&A
Here for type 3. West Coast Vol 2 #20

I will look for type 2 scan
Type 1 Immortality scan can also give Inorganic Physiology (due to the "all ionic" statement)
Noted.

Honestly this scan alone is what's needed to justify Type 1 Self-Sustenance and Immunity to Temperature
Also, agree with Incorporeality or not?

Grim Reaper scan, the scythe just can't penetrate Wonder Man, so it's arguable if the P&A was working,
But in the second scan, Reaper's life or whatever dark energies are flowing into him and he survived it?

Speaking of Decay, maybe life force absorption is out of the question, but wouldn't he get somewhat of resistance to biological manip? Or is that covered under his inorganic physiology?

This is a straight up immunity, no?
Could be.

This looks more like Magnetism-based Power Null
So limited power null?

Last scan looks like High regen
Huh neat.

Speaking of, he came back from the dead a few times, he can get resurrection and immortality type 3, right? (I can get the scans for the in a later revision. Only got one so far)

Yeah, I meant to say could, not can or actually did. My b. Anyway, the device is broken and can only send backward in time. They need to fix it and Wonder Man is the only one who knows how to - or so he thinks so. In those three scans he says he can fix it but doesn't have the parts for it.

I think it can still qualify for gifted, no?
I guess
Here for type 3. West Coast Vol 2 #20

I will look for type 2 scan
K, type 3 is fine
Also, agree with Incorporeality or not?
Yeah sure
But in the second scan, Reaper's life or whatever dark energies are flowing into him and he survived it?
Which is absorption, not a resist.
Speaking of Decay, maybe life force absorption is out of the question, but wouldn't he get somewhat of resistance to biological manip? Or is that covered under his inorganic physiology?
Latter.
So limited power null?
Yeah that instead
Speaking of, he came back from the dead a few times, he can get resurrection and immortality type 3, right? (I can get the scans for the in a later revision. Only got one so far)
Yeah, once your proofing is done.

Well then, this should be good to go.

I'll apply it on your behalf since your formatting can get poor tomorrow

I will put all the relevant scans in Imgur albums and will update the links later after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back