• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Nilfheimr Fenriswolf: Schreiber's Briah, type Gudou, his desire being "I do not want to be touched by anyone". When Nilfheimr Fenriswolf is active, Schreiber has the permanent effect of always moving faster than his opponent no matter their speed, even if they attempted to alter the flow of time to either slow him down or speed themselves up, with Schreiber's own reactions being boosted to compensate. Additionally, any of Schreiber's actions now damage the soul, as opposed to strikes. The only way to actually bypass this is to use a technique that fully halts Schreiber's movement such as time stop or simply negate the technique outright.

So no, he will not have any problem with his own speed.

Minstry of pain said:
Speedforce Dump. Wolfgang doesn't have a counter to it he gets trapped in the Speed Fforce.

If he start with his Briah active then no, since Flash can't touch him, so he can't use his Speed Force Dump on him.

@DontTalk Well One thing for sure if this Flash vs Reinhard then this will be more exciting than this match.

I don't know much about Schreiber so I'm not sure but what Jucas says makes sense. Speed Steal and Speed Force Dump combo could beat him.

i just wonder one thing if Wolfgang realizes that flash is too fast for him then I am pretty sure Wolfgang will blitz via Briah and he isn't arrogant just has personality disorder via his briah but if only Flash is bloodlusted then that combo might help to give Flash the win thats imho

@PostmodernD

Nope, not really if the basis behind it is Reality Warping. Briah imposes one's deepest desire as a concept that reality must work around.

It's a much of a NLF as any other form of Reality Warping.

Nevertheless, this fight is rather one-sided since Flash rarely BFRs foes into the Speed Force.

In my entire time here, I've never seen any reality warping turn someone from not even relativistic to tredecillions c. Normally even reality warpers fall to the blitz. How do you even know he could even process at those speeds?

@The real cal howard

It says right on his profile, "his reactions are boosted to compensate."

That said, Schreiber will get blitzed at first, but once he realizes that he is getting outsped, he'll start chanting and Flash won't be able to do anything about it without time traveling.

It's impossible to outspeed him without outright halting his movement, and Speed Stealing won't work since Fenriswolf will adjust to make Schreiber faster again.

Well, for one, he won't get a chance to react, let alone chant. Flash also one-shots, and three, still don't see how this isn't an NLF, regardless of its reality warping properties. We limit Accelerator to 2XC. Unless he Briah'd to someone who was MFTL at least, I don't see how his reality warping would catch up.

Flash can't put someone with Low-Godly Regen down. He could obliterate Schreiber's form, but for as long as his soul exists, Schrieber will regenerate and can start chanting.

Plus, Standard Assumptions states that Flash doesn't know what Schrieber's chanting means, and, in standard comic book fashion, he will probably wait to see what happens (otherwise he would have blitzed virtually every villain he's ever faced).

That's mangas that wait. Not comics. When someone is speaking so slow that they're a statue to you, you're not gonna stick around to wait.

I don't know how fast Dies Irae regen is, so I can't really respond to your argument.

In the end, this is looking like an inconclusive match.

Either Flash blitzes Schrieber constantly and prevents the latter from lasting long enough to start chanting, or Schrieber gets his chant off and soul shreds Flash into oblivion.

@Daarius

Nope, Niflheimr Fenriswolf will automatically adjust to make Schreiber faster again.

yeah but according to the page in order to bypass that technique you would need halt all of his movements (basically making a statue), which flash can do like he did to inertia.

@Darrius

But in order to do so, he would need to drain their kinetic energy until it hit zero. Schreiber's ability renders it so that he'll always be faster than his opponent, making that impossible.

hmm i never heard of the flash being able to do it instantly so i guess i surrender my point.

does the flash actually need to be touching his oppenent to drop them into the speed force?

Flash would be outspeeding Wolf but the very moment he starts chanting Flash won't be able to reach him because when chanting the reality around them is distorted to never reach them until they are done. Then Flash can never out pace Wolf anymore and Wolfgang still can attack Flash's soul while Flash can't do much only maybe destroy his physical body but soul will survive allowing wolfgang to regen

@The real cal howard

Unfortunately, the novel isn't out yet here in the West (it's coming though) and it's notorious for being incredibly hard to translate. Trexalfa is easily the most knowledgeable one here on the matter, so I suppose you could ask him. But he's kind of on and off.

This info has also been checked out by TheEverlasting, so while he may or may not be able to provide scans, I'm pretty certain we can trust him on the matter.

@Daarius

A great deal of it is extremely poetic and relies on knowledge of proverbs form all of the world on top of using extremely archaic language. Let me show you an example of one of the few complete sets of lines I've been able to find translated:

Arte of divinity, extolled genius, alien diction: mankind's bane, the heart's lament. A bond from fortune wrought, its core in tragedy tested, chiseled to perfection. Fortune, O mistress ever so fickle: you claim for your own all that was once given. Blind is Fortune, yet blind, too, are those that seek refuge in her light. Reason's shackles bind you not: quench, at times, your thirst with folly's pearls. Revel and drink and frolic in life, for Hades holds no circus for the fallen!
Not to mention the fact that many of the incantations are in Latin, Operatic German, or Ancient Mandari (which even the experts have a hard time reading).

To put it bluntly, it's like the Shakespeare or Homer of Japanese Visual Novels.

The real cal howard said:
I trust ya, Redgrave, but you mind showing scans? This sounds way to convenient.
i wish i could but like rep said DI is very hard to translate as it is very flowery in language and mixed with ancient japanese, german, latin and we got something that is a pain to translate

I trust ya, Redgrave, but you mind showing scans? This sounds way to convenient.
Schreiber's Briah being described in this text:

ÒüØÒéîÒüîÞ¿╝µïáÒü½µ▓╣µû¡Òü»þÜåþäíÒÇéÕà¿ÕôíÒüîÕêصëïÒüïÒéëÕà¿ÕèøÒéÆþÖ║µÅ«ÒüÖÒéïµ░ùÒüáÒÇéÒéÀÒâÑÒâ®ÒéñÒâÉÒâ╝Òü«ÕèáÚǃÒü»ÒüòÒéëÒü½ÒüòÒéëÒü½ÒÇüÚƒ│ÚǃÒü«ÕìâÕÇìÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÚǃÒüÅÒü¬ÒéïÒÇé ÒüôÒü«õ©ûÒü«Þ¬░ÒééÒÇüõ¢òÞÇàÒééÒÇüÕ¢╝ÒéÆÞ┐¢Òüäµè£ÒüæÒü¬ÒüäÒüùµìòÒü¥ÒüêÒéëÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéþ½ÂÒüåþø©µëïÒüîÕàëÒüºÒüéÒéîÒü░ÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüÖÒéëÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒü┐ÒüøÒéïÒü¿Þ¬ôÒüåõ©ûþòîµ│òÕëçÒü«þ¬üþá┤þÅ¥Þ▒íÒÇé ÒüØÒüåÒüùÒüƒµ©çµ£øÒéÆÕàÀþÅ¥ÒüÖÒéïÒÇüÒüôÒüôÒü½ÕçÂþìúÒü«µ▒éÚüôÒüîþé©ÞúéÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

Don't have the game installed at the moment, but is basically says: "**** the laws of physics and **** (hypothetical) you trying to go faster than the speed of light. I will still go faster:" Oh and it mentions him going Mach 1000+.

That actually helps a ton, man. Thanks, EMC. But regardless, shouldn't that still top out at 2c, since we do the same to Accelerator? If not, I'm starting to understand.

@The real cal howard

Probably. After all, it's kind of hard to trump dimensional space.

That actually helps a ton, man. Thanks, EMC. But regardless, shouldn't that still top out at 2c, since we do the same to Accelerator? If not, I'm starting to understand.
It basically says that it doesn't matter if you go beyond the speed of light, he will still be faster. Nothing about some limit.

I was basically comparing him to Accelerator. Accel doesn't have a limit either, and he has a velocity related NLF ability too. We limit his ability to 2 times the speed of light for some reason. I was expecting Schreiber for the same. Equal treatment and all.

I was basically comparing him to Accelerator. Accel doesn't have a limit either, and he has a velocity related NLF ability too. We limit his ability to 2 times the speed of light for some reason. I was expecting Schreiber for the same. Equal treatment and all.
Not quite sure if the two can be compared. Accelerator's barriers are passive, no? Then it doesn't matter how fast you go since you are literally running into a wall.

Schreiber is warping reality to always be faster. The only way you can be faster than him is to stop time (thus immobilizing him) or time travel. The second being a method that Flash could use. Slowing down Schreiber doesn't work, since his Law/Rule prevents him from becoming slower. Example: Ren's time dilation doing jack to slow him down.

But I think we are just going around in circles at this point. Should we just have it be inconclusive or a win in Flash's favor?

Accelerator is a bad example out of various reasons, better example would probably be fiamma for his AP, given that his attacks are always exactly as strong as they need to be.

Or Thor with his almighty thor ability, which always automatically moves him in the position in which he wins against the target.

Technically stat changing abilities that do so without explicite mechanism one can conclude stats from, (so by just doing so, which is pretty much what reality warping is doing) would be viewed as only working as high as shown.

I might be wrong, but didn't schreiber use his ability on immeasurable beings before though? I think I maybe was told something like that before.

DontTalk said:
Accelerator is a bad example out of various reasons, better example would probably be fiamma for his AP, given that his attacks are always exactly as strong as they need to be.
Or Thor with his almighty thor ability, which always automatically puts him in the position in which he wins against the target.

Technically stat changing abilities that do so without explicite mechanism one can conclude stats from, (so by just doing so, which is pretty much what reality warping is doing) would be viewed as only working as high as shown.

I might be wrong, but didn't schreiber use his ability on immeasurable beings before though? I think I maybe was told something like that before.
That'd be when he is boosted via Atziluth. Where it works even against 1-A entities. XD

EvilMegaCookie said:
DontTalk said:
Or Thor with his almighty thor ability, which always automatically puts him in the position in which he wins against the target.

That'd be when he is boosted via Atziluth. Where it works even against 1-A entities. XD
A little question. What does Schreiber outrun when hes in his Psuedo God state ? Machina was punching grand crosses rite ?

Fabtastic Glasses said:
EvilMegaCookie said:
DontTalk said:

A little question. What does Schreiber outrun when hes in his Psuedo God state ? Machina was punching grand crosses rite ?
Mercurius. That and any God that he is equal to or stronger than. Soujiro's slashes that can never miss? He'd still outrun that shit because being boosted by a more powerful Law.

Edit: Machina just punched out any attack-related phenomena. So yeah, he is punching Grand Crosses indeed. :p

this is a huge stomp im a huge fan of flash but his battling a outerversal level fighting a outerversal is like drinking a bleach while eating nails this types of characters shouldn't fight flash plus this type of characters should fight the same tiers like for example featherine agustus aurora from umineko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back