• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Springtrap Extremely Big Additions

Tier 7 fnaf

ono.png

After reading it, I'm split. Despite enjoying FNAF I'm not 100% on the profile merge but whatever, some things I noticed though:

Glitchtrap and William's agony classifications having evil in it is unneeded, he's always been an evil man and isn't the embodiment of Evil so there's no point in adding that.

Immortalities 1, 2, 6 and 7 are probably fine (The link for 1 doesn't seem to work by the way), 3 is maybe okay? It's just that the link presented later on doesn't display the actual regeneration...you know...the thing required for type 3. Instead just showing the scene of Afton exploding, and IIRC he came back as a spirit so I'm not even sure if that can classify as regeneration. 8 (maybe kinda 4 too ig) - no, never, nuh uh. A boasting, power-hungry thespian saying their name is Agony doesn't mean he requires agony to live forever, while his Agony or "evil" can infect others, all we've seen it do is cause a man to corrode. So I think "filling them with evil" is just another way of phrasing the corrosion that happened earlier in the stingers.

IIRC spirits in the Fazbear Frights were described as "auroras", or in simple terms, visible. So invisibility is a no (at least for his spirit, the cloaking is fine)
The decloaking stuff is just wrong, it's simply his eyes becoming visible and then invisible to give the player a hint about where they are, he isn't casting illusions or manipulating technology.

IDK about perception, memory and madness manipulation as all the stuff described seems to be Illusions, Pain and Sound manipulation.

I'm pretty sure The Agony key should have his spirit abilities too or at least a sentence saying "Still retains most of Springtrap's regular abilities", seeing as it's literally just Afton but in a big pile of trash.

And I'm pretty sure City Level storm stuff would be environmental damage, not something Afton can willingly do.

If I'm wrong about some stuff then okay.

After reading it, I'm split. Despite enjoying FNAF I'm not 100% on the profile merge but whatever, some things I noticed though:

Glitchtrap and William's agony classifications having evil in it is unneeded, he's always been an evil man and isn't the embodiment of Evil so there's no point in adding that
Fair

Immortalities 1, 2, 6 and 7 are probably fine (The link for 1 doesn't seem to work by the way), 3 is maybe okay? It's just that the link presented later on doesn't display the actual regeneration...you know...the thing required for type 3. Instead just showing the scene of Afton exploding, and IIRC he came back as a spirit so I'm not even sure if that can classify as regeneration. 8 (maybe kinda 4 too ig) - no, never, nuh uh. A boasting, power-hungry thespian saying their name is Agony doesn't mean he requires agony to live forever, while his Agony or "evil" can infect others, all we've seen it do is cause a man to corrode. So I think "filling them with evil" is just another way of phrasing the corrosion that happened earlier in the stingers.
I will fix the links
IIRC spirits in the Fazbear Frights were described as "auroras", or in simple terms, visible. So invisibility is a no (at least for his spirit, the cloaking is fine)
Fair
The decloaking stuff is just wrong, it's simply his eyes becoming visible and then invisible to give the player a hint about where they are, he isn't casting illusions or manipulating technology.
Idk this was already in the profile

IDK about perception, memory and madness manipulation as all the stuff described seems to be Illusions, Pain and Sound manipulation.
Afton makes the guy relive his memories
I'm pretty sure The Agony key should have his spirit abilities too or at least a sentence saying "Still retains most of Springtrap's regular abilities", seeing as it's literally just Afton but in a big pile of trash.
Nah. They state he basically lost his powers iirc
And I'm pretty sure City Level storm stuff would be environmental damage, not something Afton can willingly do.
Not sure

The decloaking is based on his fakeout, the thing where a fake version of springtrap runs at you and vanishes at the last second. it's illusions. springtrap's phantom animatronics turning off mechanics in a building is technology manipulation. both stay.
I am tempted. Will wait for @Comiphorous opinion
Yes, william being burntrap is essentially been retconned. remove burntrap and glitchtrap from his profile. i'll make a mimic profile sometime down the line.

Last edited:
Outside of some clean-ups (Springtrap has Illusion Manipulation listed twice), the William page looks good
Although, I'm sure Fazbear Frights being canon affects more than just William,
I wonder if we could have an Emotions Verse-specific power page on here

In the link, I can't find where Scott says that the Fazbear Frights series is canon. I can see how he says it will help explain some things about the games, but he said the same thing for the novel trilogy. He isn't wrong either, supplementary material set in another universe can be used to fill in some blanks.

It's important to note that Fazbear Frights and Tales From the Pizzaplex are different series. TFTP has been stated numerous times to be set in the Security Breach universe, but Fazbear's Frights doesn't have that

FF has way too many contradictions to be considered canon.

• There are two Funtime Freddys
  • There are multiple Springbonnies
  • William Afton is a notorious serial killer despite Help Wanted telling us nothing was ever proven in a court of law
  • William survived the FNaF6 fire and was killed by Andrew
  • Michael is alive after FNaF6
  • Baby is alive after FNaF6
  • I can give more examples
Basically I think we shouldn't use one reddit statement and ignore the heaps of evidence in the books themselves. It's not in the same universe

I can grab scans later (it's a busy day) but I disagree with Fazbears Frights being canon to the games but agree with Tales from the Pizza plex being canon to the games. As far as I can tell the two book series are only connect by one vague reference/allusion that can also be a complete coincidence (the story "Frailty")

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but Eleanor is mentioned in Tales From the Pizzaplex, and she's responsible for a bunch of the Fazbear Fright stories, so don't think we can put one as canon while the other as not, as for the stuff:
  • Pretty sure the Room for One More Freddy only appears in a dream
  • There are multiple Springbonnies in canon (We see William helping a guy into one and one on stage)
  • I dunno about this one, maybe could argue that the VR lads lied, since they already lied about pretty much everything else in the intro
  • The characters being alive isn't really contradicted, and William dies again by the end of Fazbear Frights

I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but Eleanor is mentioned in Tales From the Pizzaplex, and she's responsible for a bunch of the Fazbear Fright stories
While I do need to do a bit more research, it seems like that's a common misconception. Eleanor never appears, nor is mentioned, in TFTPP. One story, Frailty, has a device similar to the necklace that Eleanor gave to Sarah, but it's never explicitly said to be the same one. It seems they're similar, just not the same.

Her wiki page doesn't even mention TFTPP

While I do need to do a bit more research, it seems like that's a common misconception. Eleanor never appears, nor is mentioned, in TFTPP. One story, Frailty, has a device similar to the necklace that Eleanor gave to Sarah, but it's never explicitly said to be the same one. It seems they're similar, just not the same.

Her wiki page doesn't even mention TFTPP
So how is Scott telling us we can use these books to literally make a storyline and plot make this not canon?

So how is Scott telling us we can use these books to literally make a storyline and plot make this not canon?
Same way the novel trilogy isn't canon, but gave us the names of William, Henry, and Charlie. It's helping to fill in the gaps, and some things are consistent between continuities.

For example, William Afton's full name is never said in the games. He's called "Mr. Afton" in SL, but his first name is never said. That's only from the books, yet is important in Security Breach where it's revealed that Vanessa's (maybe not real) dad went by "Bill" (short for William)

Things can be from different continuities but still help to fill in the game's storyline

Same way the novel trilogy isn't canon, but gave us the names of William, Henry, and Charlie. It's helping to fill in the gaps, and some things are consistent between continuities.

For example, William Afton's full name is never said in the games. He's called "Mr. Afton" in SL, but his first name is never said. That's only from the books, yet is important in Security Breach where it's revealed that Vanessa's (maybe not real) dad went by "Bill" (short for William)

Things can be from different continuities but still help to fill in the game's storyline
The novels show us how Fnaf 3 phantoms work (They are illusions and memories that are fueled with williams agony) which means the hax in the novels can actually be applied to the game canon. Even if you argue its not fully canon the hax should still be added since its literally just explaining wtf happens in the games

We can't be sure anything in the novels is 1-1 to anything in the games until more information is given. The names of William, Henry, and Charlie have since been used in guidebooks and other secondary material.

For example, illusion disks only exist in the novels. There are cases of things that could potentially be illusion disks in the games, but we don't have anything that can confirm it

My suggestion is simple -- keep William Afton (Fazbear's Frights) and his feats/powers on his own profile, separate from William Afton (Games). Just like how we have his Games and Novel variants on two seperate profiles

We can cross reference info when there's a better reason to believe certain things are the same between continuities, like his name and status as Fredbear's co-founder between Games and Novels. In a series so covered in speculation and headcanon, we shouldn't make assumptions unless we have to/there's enough evidence to back it up

We can't be sure anything in the novels is 1-1 to anything in the games until more information is given. The names of William, Henry, and Charlie have since been used in guidebooks and other secondary material.

For example, illusion disks only exist in the novels. There are cases of things that could potentially be illusion disks in the games, but we don't have anything that can confirm it

My suggestion is simple -- keep William Afton (Fazbear's Frights) and his feats/powers on his own profile, separate from William Afton (Games). Just like how we have his Games and Novel variants on two seperate profiles

We can cross reference info when there's a better reason to believe certain things are the same between continuities, like his name and status as Fredbear's co-founder between Games and Novels. In a series so covered in speculation and headcanon, we shouldn't make assumptions unless we have to/there's enough evidence to back it up
I am gonna wait further staff evaluation since I probably cannot change your mind

Back