• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Extension

Abbadon_the_Chaos_King

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hello all users, this is a very important post regarding the status of the wiki, and we have decided to extend the wiki past character power. The creation of a fanon wiki to accompany this one is currently in process and will be linked to the main page as soon as completion.

"decided to extend the wiki past character power"

^ Can somebody explain that to me please? I'm afraid I don't understand what exactly it means.

This wiki mainly is like VS Battle with character power measurments, the new wiki will be a fanon based wiki for such characters here.

Hmm...why not create a new forum board for it instead? People are hesitant about visiting other wikis, and it's generally a good practice to keep a wiki self-contained.

Its mainly becuase there are many users here with many characters and it would likely get out of hand along with categories not being available for such pages and stories and such could get lost.

Also that wiki will be an extension, so the main user base would basically be the same with the same admins so that would not really be a problem.

@Abbado:

"Its mainly becuase there are many users here with many characters and it would likely get out of hand along with categories not being available for such pages and stories and such could get lost."

Not to sound disgreeable, but wouldn't managing two wikis be even more difficult than managing a new forum board?

Also, nothing gets lost on the wikia network. EVER.

"Also that wiki will be an extension, so the main user base would basically be the same with the same admins so that would not really be a problem."

With respect, you already have bureaucrat rights for that wiki, which you do not here. That alone changes the staff dynamics.

the last rule is mainly becuase im head admin, i would still consult my admins about issues with the wiki and such. i just havent had any reason to come on in a while.

@Abbado: Again, not to sound derogatory, but given your lack of activity, you might be classified as "senior Admin", not "Head Admin". I'm pretty new to the community, so I don't want to sound presumptuous, but from what I've seen, Cross is the one who maintains the wiki. From a layman's point-of-view, he seems more aptly suited for the "Head Admin" title currently.

Its fine, i can see where your coming from, its just that everything seems to be under control of what the current admins are doing now and i really had no need to come on very much unless i find something wrong with current activity.

@EliminatorVenom: The wiki idea was discarded in favour of maintaining a forum board for all such stories, since a singular forum board:

• Would be easy to maintain.
  • Would keep FC/OC wiki self-contained.
  • Would keep the comunity here as it is, instead of dividing it across two wikis.
  • Would be more visually easier to follow, being in a systematic list for instead of trying to find the page over at another wiki.
Both CrossverseCrisis and Abbado agreed.

I don't think so. Abbadon was on it last I remember.

The Stories /chapters are going to have there own pages, but will be categorized properly to maintain neatness among itself.

Back