• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was superman with the sword changed from universal to universal+

Ok so in October 8 pre crisi superman was changed from universal with sword to universal+. For pre crisi superman with the sword I remember someone saying He become one with the universe and that we don't if he became one with the physical universe or the whole universe like rune king Thor. So was their evidence that poped up of him being one with the whole universe if not then he should lose his universal+ rating

This page states that when the sword was trying to fuse with him, he could see the entire history of the universe. Coupled with the fact the sword us supposed to be from the beginning of creation, this would imply Universe+ instead of universe level.

-Azathoth

Also, he's already 4 quadrillion times base Universal without it. Even though I know you can be infinite and only be High 3-A, it gives more credence to the low 2-C

@Ever: That image needs to be linked somewhere in Pre-Crisis Superman's profile. It is quite important for proving why he is rated Universe level+

Adding Azzy's stated reasoning above as a description would be an extra plus.

I would also appreciate if somebody would help out with linking to the image.

Superman's Profile

I have linked the image to Superman's profile. Also, his description in regards to AP is described as

When Superman merged with the Sword of Superman, he was able to "know" the universe, meaning that he knew the entire history of the universe. He was also said to "expand", spreading himself throughout the universe that he resided in, becoming an all-seeing protector. This would mean that having knowledge of the past, present, and the future of said universe, he would essentially omnipresent within that universe altogether.

That seems a bit long, and off-point. I will attempt to adjust the explanation.

By the way, Superman with the sword is currently listed as Nigh-Omnipresent. Should that be adjusted to regular omnipresence?

Well, we are trying to make detailed explanations for why that character's AP is rated the way it is. I was worried that an explanation too brief would cause people to start misunderstanding things.

Well, you can add the explanation as a footnote if you wish, as long as it is mentioned that Superman was implied to have become one with the universe throughout all time.

I have added a footnote in Superman's page, although the explanation for Superman being one with the Universe beside his AP rating seems sound to me, as long as the page stating this is linked.

Back