• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why other sites don't like vsbattles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed, that some sites like spacebattles or 4chan (co) don't like vsbattles, but I don't understand why.

Spacebattles is kind of the opposite of this site: while there people is open to debate and, in general, nothing is written on stone, here we set a fixxed value in a character's stats and then it chops any possibility for debating unless one try to change the fixxed values.

As for 4chan, well, its 4chan, they complain about everything, even more if its about a famous site.

Spacebattles is kind of the opposite of this site: while there people is open to debate and, in general, nothing is written on stone, here we set a fixxed value in a character's stats and then it chops any possibility for debating unless one try to change the fixxed values.
I think the same is valid to comicvine, as everyone have a different scale and they debate using their own scaling as far I saw, which is good

Every versus site hates each other, it comes with how serious everyone takes this time waster and how emotional attached they are to the characters and verses and how strong they are perceived as. Of course this is a generlisation, their is no doubt quite a few people, probably the majority, who don't care at all about this perceived rivalry the site's have at each other, constantly insulting the others ratings.

Most of the VSBattles hate comes from Tier 1 and how obtuse it is, and from the fact that the Wiki has a perceived image of high-balling character's ratings frequently.

Most popular one
Some rules and ratings people don't like

That's pretty much the whole thing

Most of the hate I've seen for VSB has come from lemmings like mentality, sheer ignorance, or is based on standards the site had 5 or 6 years ago.

I’ve met a lot of people who don’t want to delve into a character and only convey what he or she knows, there are also those who don’t manage to respond and even condemn the character I bring to debate. Too bad, not to mention those who like to carry NLF characters

I have seen a shit ton of hate come from people seeing ratings trolls left and thinking VSB actually has the characters at that tier

Edit:Superbearneo is one of the most prominent haters of this site.
E_VjNKlWUAQPL3k.png

Can we stop bringing that guy up here?

sometimes. Sometimes they're better.
I would like to have kirby at low 1-C, but if that means that 90% of big shonen gets there then it needs tweaking
It does not meas that 90% of shonens get there, it means that everyone have the chances to argue about their characters without rules being placed, if a dude argued about naruto being tier 0 and he wins a debate against someone who disagrees, it simply means that the user who argued naruto being tier 0 won the debate, it doesnt means that naruto actually is that tier, just that the opposite team failed to prove otherwise, but this scenario doesnt happens in VSB due scaling rules

I think a part of the hate is also shown here.

Insulting others who disagree or acting like VSB's the best is very unfriendly and uncool.
A bunch of shit here isn't the best or is just straight up wrong after all.

Sure, the wiki doesn't deserve as much hate as what it gets, but hating those with differents opinions isn't any better.

I personally laid out all of my problems with vsbw in my leaving post. I came back as i said in the post, to deal with kirby revisions, they still haven't ended yet so i may as well do whatever i want for now.

I think the rules and standards are indeed too strict, but using a fully anarchic system is dumb as i can argue literally anything and if the other party has no grasp on the context, this would come especially advantageous in battles between a semi-popular verse and an unpopular verse.

Basically, stuff's too strict but it shouldn't have 0 strict

I personally laid out all of my problems with vsbw in my leaving post. I came back as i said in the post, to deal with kirby revisions, they still haven't ended yet so i may as well do whatever i want for now.

I think the rules and standards are indeed too strict, but using a fully anarchic system is dumb as i can argue literally anything and if the other party has no grasp on the context, this would come especially advantageous in battles between a semi-popular verse and an unpopular verse.

Basically, stuff's too strict but it shouldn't have 0 strict
I kinda agree. If there’s no strictness, then unpopular verse supporters can just wank the hell out of it, and no one would be the wiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back