• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't the Command Block 2-C?

IDK3465

He/Him
Ok, something has been bugging me about the Command Block's profile. The reason we give it tier High 3-A is due to the wither storm affecting the entirety of the Overworld; this would all be well and good if not for it completely ignoring that in the game, commands affect the rules and structure of not just the Overworld, but also the Nether and End.

Considering the Nether is proportional in size to the Overworld (portals link directly between both, with every block in the Nether being 8 in the Overworld), it must also be infinite, and by extension, the End should likely also be infinite. Also, both dimensions have their own flow of time (as seen with the clock malfunctioning when entering both).

A good example of the command block affecting the structure of all dimensions is the /kill command, which kills all entities across multiple dimensions. If we assume that the world is, in fact, infinite, that means the command block can affect an infinite amount of beings across several universes.

(NOTE: I know killing all entities isn’t 2-C, it would just be High 3-A at best as it’s just 3-D things being affected. The reason why I put it here is to show that the command block’s range is multiversal, and as such can use other more significant abilities like law manipulation that would be along the lines of 2-C.)

I just want to know why we don't consider this in its profile despite it clearly being a 2-C feat.

Last edited:
If we go by the books (the extended canon)

End and overworld are time-space separate.

It is always night in the End. There is no sunrise. There is no sunset. There are no clocks ticking away.

But that does not mean there is no such thing as time. Or light. Ring after ring of pale yellow islands glow in the darkness, floating in the endless night. Violet trees and violet towers twist up out of the earth and into the blank sky. Trees full of fruit, towers full of rooms. White crystal rods stand like candles at the corners of the tower roofs and balconies, shining through the shadows. Sprawling, ancient, quiet cities full of these towers glitter all along the archipelago, purple and yellow like everything else in this place. Beside them float great ships with tall masts. Below them yawns a black and bottomless void

however, the wiki only uses the games, being infinite just means they are two infinite 3-D space occupying the same time axis

although reading the story of the Ender dragon, it seems that the End do not have the same concept of time according to the interview

Minute 2:25

however, the wiki only uses the games, being infinite just means they are two infinite 3-D space occupying the same time axis
Well, as I said before, the clock malfunctions when in any dimension other than the Overworld.

As the Minecraft wiki states here:
Because there is no day/night cycle in the Nether or the End, clocks do not work properly in these dimensions. Instead, the dial rotates rapidly and randomly in Java Edition or clockwise in Bedrock Edition, making them useless.
This should imply that time in each dimension in Minecraft must function differently enough to warrant being different flows of time altogether.

Because the other dimensions are 3D sized Universes, you need to affect multiple 4D sized Universes/Higher Dimensional Spaces to get 2-C

Because the other dimensions are 3D sized Universes, you need to affect multiple 4D sized Universes/Higher Dimensional Spaces to get 2-C
I'll just repeat what was discussed earlier:
it seems that the End do not have the same concept of time according to the interview

Minute 2:25

As the Minecraft wiki states here:
Because there is no day/night cycle in the Nether or the End, clocks do not work properly in these dimensions. Instead, the dial rotates rapidly and randomly in Java Edition or clockwise in Bedrock Edition, making them useless.
This should imply that time in each dimension in Minecraft must function differently enough to warrant being different flows of time altogether.
There is clear evidence to show that each dimension has its own dimension of time, thus potentially 4-D universes in of themselves. (god, these conflicting terms)

The Witherstorm was only going to destroy the physical Overworld, and there isn't any evidence (that I'm aware of) that it was going to destroy the Overworld's spacetime, let alone the, Nether, and End's.

Either way, with the feats you just listed (death hax, law manip, etc) the Command Block would just have 2-C range, and not AP, since neither of those are AP feats.

Either way, with the feats you just listed (death hax, law manip, etc) the Command Block would just have 2-C range, and not AP, since neither of those are AP feats.
Well, in that case I want to know what level of reality warping is required to increase AP? I just want to know what kind of feat would allow the Command Block to reach 2-C so I can better formulate my argument.

Well, in that case I want to know what level of reality warping is required to increase AP? I just want to know what kind of feat would allow the Command Block to reach 2-C so I can better formulate my argument.
It gotta scale to UES to even scale to AP, also death hax and life manip won't get you anywhere

You need to prove that the command block can affect these realms in a significant way.

You’d have to be able to warp the space-times of not only the Overworld, but Nether, and End at once. Other ways of achieving that level of AP would be fusing said dimensions together, destroying all dimensions at once (and not one at a time), or really, anything else that can “significantly affect” all the dimensions space-times at once.

You need to prove that the command block can affect these realms in a significant way.
You’d have to be able to warp the space-times of not only the Overworld, but Nether, and End at once. Other ways of achieving that level of AP would be fusing said dimensions together, destroying all dimensions at once (and not one at a time), or really, anything else that can “significantly affect” all the dimensions space-times at once.
Ok, well, how “significant” does the effect need to be to be accepted as 2-C. Like, what is the bare minimum example for 2-C reality warping?

Ok, well, how “significant” does the effect need to be to be accepted as 2-C. Like, what is the bare minimum example for 2-C reality warping?
It's honestly case by case. Something like merging the dimensions, warping them freely to your liking etc would qualify, but something like setting the difficulty to Peaceful wouldn't since that doesn't affect the world itself.

It's honestly case by case. Something like merging the dimensions, warping them freely to your liking etc would qualify, but something like setting the difficulty to Peaceful wouldn't since that doesn't affect the world itself.
What about changing tick rate? (time in Minecraft basically) or properties of mobs or blocks? Idk what you think, but changing the fundamental rules, space, and time of multiple universes seems pretty much on that level in my opinion.

I may need to look at the different commands in Minecraft to see what exactly they are capable of and if it would qualify for effecting space time. Tbh, I’m not that well experienced with cosmology type stuff in comparison to normal calculations so I’m not sure what would be acceptable as 2-C.

Last edited:
What about changing tick rate? (time in Minecraft basically)
That's just time manipulation. For the same reason we don't give every Time Manipulator a Low 2-C rating, the Command Block shouldn't get 2-C based off that.

or properties of mobs or blocks?
That's data/information manipulation, and not even manipulating the world itself, just the mobs and blocks.

Idk what you think, but changing the fundamental rules, space, and time of multiple universes seems pretty much on that level in my opinion.
See Above. Unless the Command Block does something like deleting the entire Minecraft World (it can't), then we can't give it a 2-C rating.

Unless the Command Block does something like deleting the entire Minecraft World (it can't), then we can't give it a 2-C rating.
Ok, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but what about datapacks?
Here’s what the wiki says about them:
The data pack system provides a way for players to further customize their Minecraft experience. Data packs can be used to override or add new advancements, dimensions, functions, loot tables, predicates, item modifiers, recipes, structures, tags, damage types, world generation settings, and biomes without any code modification.
Yes, commands themselves can’t make new dimensions, only datapacks can, but commands can activate them.
Would this be at all viable?

What about changing tick rate? (time in Minecraft basically) or properties of mobs or blocks? Idk what you think, but changing the fundamental rules, space, and time of multiple universes seems pretty much on that level in my opinion.
Basic Time hax won't scale you anywhere

Well, I don't know anything else to directly prove Command blocks are 2-C, so I guess you win.
Can we at least agree that its range should be upgraded to low multiversal due to affecting all dimensions?

By the way, I don’t know if you mentioned this in the thread, but... In Minecraft, as you know, all players need to sleep for the day to begin. But, if one player is in the Nether and the other in the real world, the player who falls asleep in the real world will miss the night and wake up during the day, while the player in the Nether will not need to return to the real world, nothing will change for him.

This is like another proof that time works differently in other worlds.

By the way, I don’t know if you mentioned this in the thread, but... In Minecraft, as you know, all players need to sleep for the day to begin. But, if one player is in the Nether and the other in the real world, the player who falls asleep in the real world will miss the night and wake up during the day, while the player in the Nether will not need to return to the real world, nothing will change for him.

This is like another proof that time works differently in other worlds.
I don't think having a diff time matters here
These statements are not enough to call them universes; they may support the ideas when backed up by examples above, but none of them individually or altogether may be enough.
  • Having a starry sky may qualify as being a Multi-Solar System sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more evidence.
  • Having multiple galaxies within it should qualify as a Multi-Galaxy sized pocket reality, but not enough to be a universe without more context or evidence.
  • A realm having time that works somewhat differently is not enough to be considered a Universe as nonlinear time within a single universe exists. And the realm should still have a confirmed appropriate size to back it up.

Back