• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is this wiki so similar to ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saikou The Lewd King said:
Friendly reminder that Dante used to be Tier 1 via SMT on this very wiki.
I never saw that.

Senkoro said:
So they copied and pasted this wiki?
Basically yeah. They even have our old Tier System with the "Joke Tier"

Well, the wiki is not very popular, and J.J. Chambers is nice and polite enough, so I don't think that it seems to cause any harm.

Still, I would like to hear what the rest of the staff thinks. I mean, our members have copied information from the OBD or ACF at times, so wouldn't we be hypocrites if we ask J.J. to shut it down?

^Well if there's no law regarding direct plagiarism, I don't mind that wiki since we're not competing, nor there's any tension/friction between the two. As you said, we have imported tons of stuff from OBD and ACF

Probably best to let it go. Although I would appreciate if he put more effort into his own wiki to make it more original, it looks like a bad ripoff.

Faisal Shourov said:
^Well if there's no law regarding direct plagiarism, I don't mind that wiki since we're not competing, nor there's any tension/friction between the two. As you said, we have imported tons of stuff from OBD and ACF

Probably best to let it go. Although I would appreciate if he put more effort into his own wiki to make it more original, it looks like a bad ripoff.
I agree with that latter part.

I agree with Ant, no need in asking J.J. to shut down his Wiki, its causing no harm, even if it is a bit weird even being there.

Dat Tier 0 Elder Scrolls tho!

Well, on the topic of plagiarism, I think it should at least be asked that he not copy and paste anything directly over, and rather that he use our pages as a general outline if he plans use them at all in any way.

@Sheoth I suppose that might be appropriate.

Hmm. I took the time and liberty of checking a few profiles, and there are credits to this wiki in some of em.

Well then. That is respecful enough, I think.

Also, I think that we are likely making a ruckus over nothing. The wiki in question only had 190 individual visitors this month. If J.J. wants to have some fun on his own, and gives us credit, I don't think that there is any harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back