• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does creating a universe or merging multiple universes go to AP? I'm just curious because on other sites these are often shaky AP feats.

i dont understand how they couldnt be
The common counter argument to creation feats is usually "if i build a house and you beat me in a fist fight, does that make you building level?"

I brought up merging because I used Yaldabaoth merging the CU as an argument and my opponent said he doesnt have combat feats and just brought up that YHVH is all haxes and can't even bust a city, is this true tho? I'm playing SMTV and Shiva was going to blow up the universe, YHVH is stronger than Shiva right? He just brushed it off as a hax/reality warping thing, guess superman moving the earth is a hax/reality warping feat then.

The common counter argument to creation feats is usually "if i build a house and you beat me in a fist fight, does that make you building level?"

I brought up merging because I used Yaldabaoth merging the CU as an argument and my opponent said he doesnt have combat feats and just brought up that YHVH is all haxes and can't even bust a city, is this true tho? I'm playing SMTV and Shiva was going to blow up the universe, YHVH is stronger than Shiva right? He just brushed it off as a hax/reality warping thing, guess superman moving the earth is a hax/reality warping feat then.
Built a house =/= Created a house.

Are you just making these threads in an attempt to spite against SMT/Persona's ratings and other verses that operate similarly without learning jack-all about their mechanics, context or what? Because from my experience, every single one of these threads you've made fits that agenda.

Depends on

1) if you built a house with help of construction workers over months or years after you baught all the raw construction material from market.

Or

2) converted your energy to matter instantly or very short time, and your house was made ready to live.

This is the most braind dead and ******** arguement made against creation feats, not to mention a strawman.

Are you just making these threads in an attempt to spite against SMT/Persona's ratings and other verses that operate similarly without learning jack-all about their mechanics, context or what? Because from my experience, every single one of these threads you've made fits that agenda.
I'm actually not.

Depends on

1) if you built a house with help of construction workers over months or years after you baught all the raw construction material from market.

Or

2) converted your energy to matter instantly or very short time, and your house was made ready to live.

This is the most braind dead and ******** arguement made against creation feats, not to mention a strawman.
Typically you would see this argument on r/Whowouldcirclejerk, r/CharacterRant, or r/WhoWouldWin

Typically you would see this argument on r/Whowouldcirclejerk, r/CharacterRant, or r/WhoWoudWin
There's your problem. We aren't reddit, we have our own standards, they have their own. We'll never see eye-to-eye with each other on battleboarding and we''ll keep it at that.

Also, our policy with reddit threads is basically "Reddit off-site threads and off-site threads in general can FUCKOFF for all we care, it ain't worthy to enter a Q&A thread, let alone a CRT, without prior discussion and approval in the verse's respective General Discussion thread". Plus, even ignoring that, such arguments are meaningless here if the original poster themselves aren't here to defend it.

Out of site, out of sight and out of mind.

There's your problem. We aren't reddit, we have our own standards, they have their own. We'll never see eye-to-eye with each other on battleboarding and we''ll keep it at that.

Also, our policy with reddit threads is basically "Reddit off-site threads and off-site threads in general can FUCKOFF for all we care, it ain't worthy to enter a Q&A thread, let alone a CRT, without prior discussion and approval in the verse's respective General Discussion thread". Plus, even ignoring that, such arguments are meaningless here if the original poster themselves aren't here to defend it.

Out of site, out of sight and out of mind.
Btw this post wasn't supposed to be about reddit, it was a genuine question actually.

Yeah, Asriel, Sonic, and the super trio are persona/SMT threads
Doesn't matter that you just so happened to include these characters from other verses, when you just go about fixating on Persona/SMT in particular, as is evident with your Yaldabaoth-focused comment.

In any case, merging feats are considered AP as they constitute "significantly affecting" said constructs in question, as our Tiering Page explicitly states, which is enough.

You do not need to be able to completely destroy or create said constructs to make your feat count as AP. At that level, the line between creation, destruction and alteration of said construct blurs as it no longer abides by the normal laws of physics that would apply at the 3D level.

Scaling them to your physical stats are also a case-by-case basis, but most of the time they are usually not a separate rating from one's physicals and actually go hand-in-hand, usually thanks to the verse's magic systems being at play.

All of which are in the links that Lephyr and MGQ commented on.

Btw this post wasn't supposed to be about reddit, it was a genuine question actually.
Then why the mention of those three specific subreddits? Also why take stock in said subreddits when we already have rules against them?

Either way, Lephyr and MGQ basically answered your questions. It may not satisfy you, but these are our standards as it stands.

He's not making a CRT to challenge the standards so does it matter?
When it involves topics already discussed before and it involves off-site stuff, yes, it does indeed matter, even if you have no intention to make a CRT, as off-site stuff is against our rules unless you have prior approval in the general discussion thread (Without which it won't even qualify for a Q&A thread), are making your own arguments (And not based off of what people say off-site, which is frankly speaking, already extremely hard to detect, but in this case OP was kind enough to reveal said information) or are letting the creator of that said question have their say on this site (Don't think I need to tell you that most wouldn't even set foot in this site because of their differences).

yeah hes pizzaboxes alt

When it involves topics already discussed before and it involves off-site stuff, yes, it does indeed matter, even if you have no intention to make a CRT, as off-site stuff is against our rules unless you have prior approval in the general discussion thread (Without which it won't even qualify for a Q&A thread), are making your own arguments (And not based off of what people say off-site, which is frankly speaking, already extremely hard to detect, but in this case OP was kind enough to reveal said information) or are letting the creator of that said question have their say on this site (Don't think I need to tell you that most wouldn't even set foot in this site because of their differences).
what about off-site stuff is specifically against the rules?

That is quite the claim. Do you have proof? Accusing someone of sockpuppetry is a serious accusation, one that bears heavy penalties if false.
everyone is deadass saying hes pizzabox including DDM coz its extremely suspicious

"In all honesty, he probably is a sock, especially considering he used the same exact questions such as Pizzabox, MastaWhite, and FanFav within the span of the first month they were on the wiki, or likely just in proximity of Bunkerman and his anti-feats, since these are all verbatim what he asserts. The bit about “personal power” sorta confirms it for me, but I don’t care to drag this to RVR or anything of the sort."

what about off-site stuff is specifically against the rules?
First off, off-site stuff is generally in direct contrast with our site standards and almost never fit the rules we have in place for them. Most of the time the off-site stuff is just mindless bashing of our standards without actually having a single semblance of common sense or basic science, or a complete ignorance of how our Tiering System was built up in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that battleboarding is an incredibly subjective hobby with multitudes of differing opinions which basically ensures there will never be a universal consensus on fictional fights and statistics.

In addition, off-site stuff being put here is just blatant copy-pasting with often at times some trickery involved to make it look original, and even in that off-chance, these so-called CRTs have little-to-no effort put into them and the original creator of the thread might not even know their arguments are being used here, and even if they do, they most likely will not even bother responding in this site to defend their claims, which is pretty much bordering on plagiarism at this stage.

Pay heed that this mostly applies to off-site threads that aren't "Respect threads" used to collect feats, and even then we have more or less chosen to research feats ourselves and they would need to be calculated and approved by our calc members before you can use them anyway.

It was all discussed in this thread when the rule was made.

First off, off-site stuff is generally in direct contrast with our site standards and almost never fit the rules we have in place for them. Most of the time the off-site stuff is just mindless bashing of our standards without actually having a single semblance of common sense or basic science, or a complete ignorance of how our Tiering System was built up in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that battleboarding is an incredibly subjective hobby with multitudes of differing opinions which basically ensures there will never be a universal consensus on fictional fights and statistics.

In addition, off-site stuff being put here is just blatant copy-pasting with often at times some trickery involved to make it look original, and even in that off-chance, these so-called CRTs have little-to-no effort put into them and the original creator of the thread might not even know their arguments are being used here, and even if they do, they most likely will not even bother responding in this site to defend their claims, which is pretty much bordering on plagiarism at this stage.

Pay heed that this mostly applies to off-site threads that aren't "Respect threads" used to collect feats, and even then we have more or less chosen to research feats ourselves and they would need to be calculated and approved by our calc members before you can use them anyway.

It was all discussed in this thread when the rule was made.
Due to all of this, I think it is necessary to add a written rule banning or limiting CRTs that solely consist of links to off-site arguments
This is for CRTs, not questions. Its also weird to say "without having a single semblance of basic science" when VSBW's standards are based on pseudoscience

This is for CRTs, not questions.
It's for both.

Its also weird to say "without having a single semblance of basic science" when VSBW's standards are based on pseudoscience
Define "based on pseudoscience". Would you say using the KE formula where it fits (Like say, throwing an object at X speed) would be pseudoscience?

Fiction breaks a lot of laws of physics (Like complete ignorance of conservation of energy or AoE, otherwise everyone would be High 3-A for going at FTL speeds), true, but that doesn't make them completely unusable where it's actually applicable for the feats. We still use real-life formulae for a lot of our feats.

everyone is deadass saying hes pizzabox including DDM coz its extremely suspicious

"In all honesty, he probably is a sock, especially considering he used the same exact questions such as Pizzabox, MastaWhite, and FanFav within the span of the first month they were on the wiki, or likely just in proximity of Bunkerman and his anti-feats, since these are all verbatim what he asserts. The bit about “personal power” sorta confirms it for me, but I don’t care to drag this to RVR or anything of the sort."
You're going to need an IP check from the bureaucrats to confirm this, but IIRC AKM said they didn't match.

Either way, I think that's enough derailing. Question's been answered, I'll request a thread mod to close this in the meantime. If you want any further help, you can ask DontTalkDT or Ultima_Reality directly on their Message Walls.

@LephyrTheRevanchist If you would be so kind.

Closing this before it gets out of hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back