• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Kirito categorized as 9-C in real life?

Isn't 9-C supposed to be for characters on the level of "olympic level athletes or rigorously trained martial artists? I don't see any way he could be on that level IRL because SAO is supposed to be a realistic anime where everything magical happens only in video games and Kirito is someone who spends most of his time playing them. I don't see how someone like that could be equal to an olympic level athlete or master martial artist. His best feats IRL are in the Ordinal Scale movie but none of them are enough to put Kirito above Athlete level (10-A). They are:

- Soloing bosses in OS, but that doesn't require him to be Street level physically and the main reason why he could defeat them by himself was because they were from SAO and he knew their attack patterns. For example, Klein was good at OS too but he's only 10-B IRL.

- Barely keeping up with Eiji (who is 9-C because he's enchanced by a gadget) for only 10 seconds while they were running beside each other during their fight. I don't see why a 10-A character wouldn't be able to do that, especially when you consider that they weren't racing but fighting with swords so it's not clear if this was Eiji's top speed. And for the rest of their fight Kirito only dodges or swings his sword at Eiji at close range. His best feat against him is when Eiji threw Kirito into a wall and Kirito wasn't injured. But that doesn't prove anything because the exact force he was thrown with isn't clear and at best this feat only improves Kirito's durability.

-His page also says that he can contend with Suguha who is among the top 8 in the Japanese Kendo Nationals but that means almost nothing as Kendo is just Japanese fencing and at best all this means is that he has good stamina.

So in conclusion, none of his best IRL feats are enough to put him at 9-C. He's most likely at Athlete level (10-A). However, if there's some feat I missed which is way more impressive than the ones I stated, please let me know.

I'm not sure, but if memory serves me correctly, I recall this was covered already one or two times in the past.

It would be painstakingly timeconsuming to dig through old threads, so it would be best to ask the user Xmark12 on this topic, as he was the one who answered this question last time (IIRC). He's also fairly knowledgeable when it comes to SAO powerscaling.

Back