• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Eggman's durabillity so low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why Eggman doesn't have 5-A or at the very least 5-B durabillity scaling from the rest of the main Sonic cast. He's obviously not 5-A in raw physical strenght, but the fact that he tanks direct hits from every Sonic character and can survive having his mechs blowing up as he's inside them (when said mechs are usually physically stronger than indivdual members of the base Sonic cast) gves him consistant tier 5 scaling. The amount of times that he has a cockpit protecting him from their attacks doesn't compare the the amount of time that he doesn't. With durabillity as low as 8-C, he should just get one shot every time god damn CREAM lands a hit on him, so how does he manage to tank hits from Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Omega ect? Even if the mech fights against Tails in SA2, his body isn't shielded by anything.

I'm going to remain neutral, but I think some people might call these feats outliers or PIS. He also does have numerous feats in the classic Sonic games that portray him as being even faster than Sonic as far as running speed is concerned. But I'm willing to let other Sonic supporters say what they think on the matter.

Should this be moved to CRTs then? I simply thought I was missing something, but I guess my arguments might be better than I expected.

There seems to be contradictions in how Eggman is portrayed durability-wise, so I'm neutral. Aren't most of his tanking done in machines? If not all?

Also doesn't help that he gets one-shot by Shadow.

Yeah, he tends to be consistent and is outright one-shotted by Shadow with a simple karate chop.

What does BTFO mean?

I hope Shadow killing Eggman in one ending of his spin-off game isn't your only piece of evidence, because just prior to that, he tanked a point blank chaos blast from Shadow unprotected as well as several of his own missiles and bombs designed to hurt Shadow himself. Properly speaking, Eggman didn't even get one shot. He just got finished off after having the shit beaten out of him. He was weakened after the boss fight the same way Sonic and Black Doom were in their own endings.

If anything, the example you showed supports my point more than anything else...

BTFO = "Blown the **** out".

Shadow the Hedgehog is a canon entry in the series as with other spinoffs, and it comes from three endings actually. Also, it is his mechs that take most of the impact including the cockpits most likely made out of some kind of superglass.

@DarkDragonMedeus Did you even see the mech? There's litterally no cockpit to protect him. The same goes for most of his boss fights. I know the Shadow The Hedgehog is canon, but it supports my point because Eggman tanks direct hits from his own attacks when said attacks were designed to harm Shadow and other comparable characters. Eggman even says it's his "greatest creation".

Come to think of it, the only reason this feat is 8-C is because of the size of the size of the explosion itself. Isn't that an AoE fallacy? In reality, the exploson obliterated a mech that could keep up wth Sonic. There was nothing left of it afterwards, making it a 5-A feat. I seriously struggle to find any anti-feat for Eggman that could debunk his durabillity being that high. It looks pretty damn consistant to me.

Last edited:
Actually, that is a point. The initial Building level feat is just a low end; and could be interpreted as hiding an outlier. I did say on other threads that using a Tier 7 calculation which came from something intended to be a supermove from a Tier 4 character should be seen as Tier 4 outright, meaning using a tier 7 to scale to otherwise fodder characters could be seen as hiding an outlier. So withstanding that blast as an attack from Sonic would be Sonic's AP outright. The building level calculation should be used at all either way. But there is reason for Eggman to be a stonewall

Eggman can be pretty inconsistent and does occasionally survive otherwise big explosions. But he also does get threatened by basic stuff that others consistently have no problem shrugging off or getting out of. And Shadow who was only 5-B+ at the time as opposed to 5-A does OHK Eggman with a simple karate chop. So I think the most reasonable might be a variable for his durability.

Perhaps something like this.

At least Wall level (Should be no weaker than his attack potency). At most Large Planet level (He often survives explosions from his destroyed mechs, that regularly match Sonic and his friends as well as direct hits from them; though, he also usually gets knocked out easily from them)

If Eggman's durability is so inconsistent, then you can have his durability rated as "Varies" or something.

Overall I'm not sure if Eggman should scale in durability to the cast, but I'm not strictly against it if evidence would be found

There's so much more evidence of him scaling than there is of him not scaling that it would take a long while to compile it all, but guess I could compile some of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back