• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Boros FTL?

Either way, MB Boros has an FTL calc, but it hasn't been evaluated yet
That's an interesting calc, if its viable at all is the question

Platinum said that Flash was weakened by not having his weapon, not that he wasn’t dangerous, and scaling Boros above Flash on the basis of Saitama widening his eyes is pretty weak.
Saitama commented on MB Boros as "almost a real fight" and called released Boros strong, that alone should put him at the pinnacle imo. Flash was outdone by Garou and PS, who shouldnt be above MB Boros as Saitama would have probably commented on Garou's power if it was comparable (I admit this could easily change next chapter)

Saitama commented on MB Boros as "almost a real fight" and called released Boros strong, that alone should put him at the pinnacle imo. Flash was outdone by Garou and PS, who shouldnt be above MB Boros as Saitama would have probably commented on Garou's power if it was comparable (I admit this could easily change next chapter)
Everything you just mentioned is AP, not speed, and Boros already scales way higher than Flash, PS and Garou in AP.

Everything you just mentioned is AP, not speed, and Boros already scales way higher than Flash, PS and Garou in AP.
Those statements were discussed as not being limited to AP in another thread
In terms of the overall fight, Boros' combat speed in his release form does better against a more-than-casual Saitama, who called him strong after trading blows with him. I believe it's fair to say "strong" was not referring to a specific stat like power, or physical might, but rather in the context of the fight.
"You're a strong fighter", "You're a strong opponent", etc. Strength as in, your overall values, skill and capabilities. A common usage of the term in Japanese culture.

^ to add to that, unless I'm reading the wrong translations, Boros refers to his increase in speed in MB as an increase in "power" as well

In terms of the overall fight, Boros' combat speed in his release form does better against a more-than-casual Saitama, who called him strong after trading blows with him. I believe it's fair to say "strong" was not referring to a specific stat like power, or physical might, but rather in the context of the fight.

This really seems like an extrapolation, Boros trading blows with Saitama is explicitly an AP thing, so assuming Saitama is referring to speed as well seems baseless.

This really seems like an extrapolation, Boros trading blows with Saitama is explicitly an AP thing, so assuming Saitama is referring to speed as well seems baseless.
I mean if you punch at 2 mph, even if you have 8C damage, I'm never going to call you a strong fighter, even though I'm like 10-A, because you couldn't hit a dead corpse. Being a strong fighter is a mix of skill strength and speed.

I mean if you punch at 2 mph, even if you have 8C damage, I'm never going to call you a strong fighter, even though I'm like 10-A, because you couldn't hit a dead corpse. Being a strong fighter is a mix of skill strength and speed.
Saitama didn’t say he was a strong fighter. He just said he was strong, and it was after Boros traded blows with him, which is AP. Saying that means Boros is fast as well is an extrapolation.

Saitama didn’t say he was a strong fighter. He just said he was strong, and it was after Boros traded blows with him, which is AP. Saying that means Boros is fast as well is an extrapolation.
He said it was almost a real fight, and he said Boros was really strong, so given the context, it's not an extrapolation at all to say Boros is fast.

He said it was almost a real fight, and he said Boros was really strong, so given the context, it's not an extrapolation at all to say Boros is fast.
I’m not saying Boros isn’t fast, I’m saying that coming to the conclusion that Saitama calling Boros strong also means he’s calling him fast is an extrapolation.

I've said this in another thread, but we see almost none of the fight between it's start and Saitama calling him strong.

It's safe to assume that Boros was using his energy. Boros' energy has been shown to be able to amp his speed/hes been shown to use it for speed.

Strong in this case doens't have to be restricted to just raw power, especially with he context we know.

Last edited:
I've said this in another thread, but we see almost none of the fight between it's start and Saitama calling him strong.

It's safe to assume that Boros was using his energy. Boros' energy has been shown to be able to amp his speed/hes been shown to use it for speed.

Strong in this term doens't have to be restricted to just power, especially witht he context we know.
The term strong doesn’t have to be restricted, but when we literally don’t see the fight before Saitama calls him strong, we don’t go, “oh yeah he totally means Boros is a strong fighter” or “he’s definitely taking speed into account as well”, that requires extra assumptions as opposed to going with the explanation of “he called him strong, so he thinks he’s strong, period.”

The term strong doesn’t have to be restricted, but when we literally don’t see the fight before Saitama calls him strong, we don’t go, “oh yeah he totally means Boros is a strong fighter” or “he’s definitely taking speed into account as well”, that requires extra assumptions as opposed to going with the explanation of “he called him strong, so he thinks he’s strong, period.”
But we can make comparisons.

Boros when first going Released, we see him charging up up his energy in a similar fashion as to how when he went Meteoric Burst.

When Boros went MB, he lunged towards Saitama using his speed to try to get an advantage on Saitama. We could assume that that is the way that Boros fights. It could very well be the same for when Saitama fought Released Boros.

When we get to see Released Boros vs Saitama, it's clear that Boros' fighting style revolves around using his speed and power to overwhelm his opponent. It's not just power, or just speed. It's a combination of both.

It is very far-fetched to say that assuming that Saitama was also referring to speed, when we see that Boros' fighting style is based off of his speed as well, is not a good idea.

Back