• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't 616 Spider-Man have a Symbiote key?

There was a comic that I forgot the name (Maybe ASM 2018) where the suit controls Peter when he sleeps, he doesn't or anything because he sleeps, the suit calls him friend and the comic is narrated by the suit itself. Multiple Selves and Body Control maybe, also regeneration for the suit
Does he get since High-Mid since that's a non-unique Symbiote power?

Listen it's the one that influenced me to make this thread so I looked there first
Mate realize though that I won't let you add a key from a single issue's worth of research lol

Shit you'll actually make me research this stuff more scrutinously now.

Okay so I'll read up on the Symbiote Spider-Man era, it's doable if not tedious.

I will say there is a high probability shit in the OP just doesn't hold up, because I for one don't remember a single implication of an "amp" until the Slott run's finale, but maybe I can be wrong, we'll see.

It used to not be an amp when it was just the black suit, then they made Venom a thing, thus it became an amp

Also if anyone wants to do their own research and is confused as to how I'm doing it, I'm going through Symbiote Venom's Marvel Database appearance list, and reading up till Web of Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 8 (Eddie Brock Venom's first appearance) and then I'll read through like, Symbiote Spider-Man solo series.

It's an approximation but its the best I can do.
It used to not be an amp when it was just the black suit, then they made Venom a thing, thus it became an amp
That's still a **** ton of years where it's not an amp though :V, then it'll be two keys, or if it's just the Slott finale then I'll ask to not consider it as a consistent claim.

Given the nature of Symbiotes, I don't see why it shouldn't be an amp. Yes, it wasn't during the old runs, but then Symbiotes were made a concept. And Slott followed up on that.

Meh I like 'em, they're fun and have cool ideas.
It's mostly because I don't like comics that much, so I'm trying something different like Daredevil, he does have a bunch of good comics, and God bless Frank Miller for reinventing him.
Trying to revise Daredevil?
Yes, current profile doesn't have a bunch of current feats. He's getting some nice representation on his current run, took down Rhino and is constantly doing this

Given the nature of Symbiotes, I don't see why it shouldn't be an amp.
Because it's not treated like that for a decade straight, and you're asking we take ONE ISSUE over a hundred for listing, supposing I find nothing

I'm not gonna list lies that he was amped during that era as well, if the above scenario comes, it's disingenuous and ***** up scaling hard. Sorry.

It's mostly because I don't like comics that much, so I'm trying something different like Daredevil, he does have a bunch of good comics, and God bless Frank Miller for reinventing him.

Yes, current profile doesn't have a bunch of current feats. He's getting some nice representation on his current run, took down Rhino and is constantly doing this
Good man, I love Zdarsky’s run so far, and I can’t wait for Woman without Fear.

Because it's not treated like that for a decade straight, and you're asking we take ONE ISSUE over a hundred for listing, supposing I find nothing

I'm not gonna list lies that he was amped during that era as well, if the above scenario comes, it's disingenuous and ***** up scaling hard. Sorry.
It shouldn't go ignored considering it conforms to the retcon that was Symbiotes, which themselves amp hosts.

If this discrepancy really is big, then they should be split into two different keys, as you suggested. Either that or a specific difference between the pre-Symbiote retcon black suit and the Symbiote should be noted. Because both non-amp and amp conform to ideas that both have relevance.

Last edited:
Y’know actually, to consider, why do we list the powers the symbiote performs on the host on the hosts’ files? It’s very rare they can perform the same on other people (exception to Carnage at best), and it should probably be on a Venom Symbiote’s file, that makes far more sense listing-wise

Y’know actually, to consider, why do we list the powers the symbiote performs on the host on the hosts’ files? It’s very rare they can perform the same on other people (exception to Carnage at best), and it should probably be on a Venom Symbiote’s file, that makes far more sense listing-wise
I suppose it's because different hosts? Neutral on that proposition, sounds cool tho.

Do the varying hosts behave different enough to warrant keys on separate profiles?
Considering Agent Venom's win listed over Eddie, I'd say yes.

Actually think should shift the Venom symbiote page as the priority first then, because it helps fill in gaps for Spider-Man fill more.

I'll make a thread for it.

How long cummulatively did Peter stay bonded with the Symbiot up to this point?
Quite a couple number of issues, first appearance was in Secret Wars I think. He's rebonded with the symbiote time and time again, and in the later issues he rebonds with it to fight against Red Goblin.

Has Venom displayed abilities that are very unique to him that Spiderman had not likely shown?

Abilities that read to me as non-specific general Venom Symbiote abilities or things Symbiote Spider-Man done himself
  • Multiple Selves (Type 3)
  • Enhanced Senses (The Symbiote has 360 degree vision)
  • Regeneration (Mid for Peter, High-Mid for Venom)
  • Immortality (Type 3)
  • Empowerment (The Symbiote empowers the host)
  • Power Mimicry (When bonded to a superhuman host, a symbiote can interface with their genomes and physiology to imprint their unique powers and abilities into itself, granting subsequent hosts access to those powers)
  • Self-Sustenance (Type 1) (The Symbiote eliminates the host's need to breathe)
  • Shapeshifting, Transformation, Elasticity, and Weapon Creation (General Symbiote ability, plus Peter has used this ability before to a lesser extent)
  • Thread Manipulation (The Symbiote can generate it's own webs)
  • Size Manipulation (The Symbiote can grow, plus Symbiote Spider-Man became much large in size after becoming enraged)
  • Body Control
  • Stealth Mastery
  • Body Puppetry (The Symbiote can control it's host even while they're asleep or unconscious)
  • Empathetic Manipulation, Berserk Mode, and Rage Power (The Symbiote can feed on negative emotions such as rage and project their own desires on to the host)
  • Corruption (See the above ability. The Symbiote can corrupt it's host)
  • Technology Manipulation (The Symbiote can interface with machinery)
  • Fusionism (The Symbiote can assimilate other Symbiotes into itself)
  • Power Absorption (Symbiotes can absorb other Symbiotes and their abilities)
  • Reactive Power Level (Symbiotes become more powerful the more successful hosts they have)
  • Memory Manipulation (Can manipulate its host's memories, read memories and drain others' memories with a touch, as well as share memories between two hosts with a physical connection)
  • Sleep Manipulation, Biological Manipulation (The Symbiote is able to alter its host's biochemistry to simulate symptoms of different diseases as well as directly affect the neurochemical functions within its host in order to induce various psychological effects, such as calmness, sleep, or even memory suppression)
  • Resistance to Disease Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (The Venom Symbiote is able to cure its host of all earthly illnesses and purge their body of poisons)
  • Resistance to Corrosion Inducement (The Symbiote itself withstood Styx's touch, which causes organic matter to decay on contact)
  • Resistance to Acid Manipulation (The Symbiote's tissue is highly resistant to acid)
  • Resistance to Paralysis Inducement (Unaffected by paralyzing darts)
I'd like feedback so as to whether or not any of these are redundant for Symbiote Spider-Man

Last edited:
@Antvasima

Can you assist us?
Well, from what I recall of the original comic book version of the symbiote stories, the costume was not stated or shown to provide any power-ups at the time. It was first much later with the introduction of Venom that such notions began to be alluded to, and Venom's abilities have gradually been expanded on for the over 30 years afterwards.

Abilities that read to me as non-specific general Venom Symbiote abilities or things Symbiote Spider-Man done himself
  • Multiple Selves (Type 3)
  • Enhanced Senses (The Symbiote has 360 degree vision)
  • Regeneration (Mid for Peter, High-Mid for Venom)
  • Immortality (Type 3)
  • Empowerment (The Symbiote empowers the host)
  • Power Mimicry (When bonded to a superhuman host, a symbiote can interface with their genomes and physiology to imprint their unique powers and abilities into itself, granting subsequent hosts access to those powers)
  • Self-Sustenance (Type 1) (The Symbiote eliminates the host's need to breathe)
  • Shapeshifting, Transformation, Elasticity, and Weapon Creation (General Symbiote ability, plus Peter has used this ability before to a lesser extent)
  • Thread Manipulation (The Symbiote can generate it's own webs)
  • Size Manipulation (The Symbiote can grow, plus Symbiote Spider-Man became much large in size after becoming enraged)
  • Body Control
  • Stealth Mastery
  • Body Puppetry (The Symbiote can control it's host even while they're asleep or unconscious)
  • Empathetic Manipulation, Berserk Mode, and Rage Power (The Symbiote can feed on negative emotions such as rage and project their own desires on to the host)
  • Corruption (See the above ability. The Symbiote can corrupt it's host)
  • Technology Manipulation (The Symbiote can interface with machinery)
  • Fusionism (The Symbiote can assimilate other Symbiotes into itself)
  • Power Absorption (Symbiotes can absorb other Symbiotes and their abilities)
  • Reactive Power Level (Symbiotes become more powerful the more successful hosts they have)
  • Memory Manipulation (Can manipulate its host's memories, read memories and drain others' memories with a touch, as well as share memories between two hosts with a physical connection)
  • Sleep Manipulation, Biological Manipulation (The Symbiote is able to alter its host's biochemistry to simulate symptoms of different diseases as well as directly affect the neurochemical functions within its host in order to induce various psychological effects, such as calmness, sleep, or even memory suppression)
  • Resistance to Disease Manipulation, Poison Manipulation (The Venom Symbiote is able to cure its host of all earthly illnesses and purge their body of poisons)
  • Resistance to Corrosion Inducement (The Symbiote itself withstood Styx's touch, which causes organic matter to decay on contact)
  • Resistance to Acid Manipulation (The Symbiote's tissue is highly resistant to acid)
  • Resistance to Paralysis Inducement (Unaffected by paralyzing darts)
I'd like feedback so as to whether or not any of these are redundant for Symbiote Spider-Man
I suppose for now we just add what we have scans of venom Peter doing.

Back