• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do the borderlands pages feel so barebones?

This is just a question I had in mind since Borderlands is one of my favorite game franchise, but when I look at the characters profiles I dont know they just feel like there just a lot of missing stuff on it being so barebones?

It hasn't gotten a lot of attention on the wiki, and could probably use a big revision or so. Maybe even an upgrade or smth who knows. I think after I finish 3 I'll see what I can do

i've been sprucing up the pages these past few days but yeah it hasn't gotten a lot of attention hell there wasn't even a handsome jack profile until i made it, the cover image was just the BL2 VH's, the nisha profile had a bitcrushed image for the longest time and the cover images on the verse page were just bad.

oh yeah we didn't even have a supporters/opponents/neutral sectio

my guess is that the verse was made in 2012 and only updated once TPS came out and then people just forgot about it.

BL3 profiles are being put on hold until we can agree on some scaling for them and we're waiting for that hax addition thread.

Because they don't have a lot of attention. I was planning to do some upgrades and updates for the BL1 people to start off with but got a little sidelined compiling stuff for Dark Schneider as his page is an annoying mess that makes no sense.

After that, I am gonna be recopiling stuff for them. Many of the abilities in their trees should totally, totally scale translate into actual powers and stuff for them.

Yes. That was even pointed out in a mini CRT, she can perfectly hurt Jack without her powers and take hits from weapons like literally every other hunter.

Edit: Wait, my bad, was already removed.

But yes, I will try to compile the stuff they totally should have just from their abilities in their trees.

Like, Brick very obviously boosts many meters forward when he's using his skill after putting points in one of his abilities, moving faster than he usually does, outright speed boost.

To be honest I think the vault hunters should have High 7-C likely far higher, due to loader bots being fodder enemies plus with slag they should easily be far higher.

Higher works, far higher would for sure not be earned.

And higher levels can be achieved, is just that no one has tried to scale the size and potential weight of things like the badass loader and higher. Kal even mentions in the very thread that those would yield even better results for their size, but without a clear idea or accepted calc for finding their size, that's in total limbo.

I mean in the opening of borderlands 2 we see the VH destroying them in the beginning very easily and over time throughout the story becoming even stronger than before. I still far higher should be look at, but I could be wrong. And there also slag which also boosts the damage of VH, do we know the amount?

But to be honest there so much missing it's not even funny

Just sad

Very sad

If they scaled to something a good deal above that but without a specific value or calc, maybe, but beyond this we can only say they'd scale way above. And we don't know the amount, just that it boosts the damage a fair bit.

Obviously, but that's why I wanna work on them a little after gathering stuff for Dark Schneider, even if I am mostly gonna be focusing on the hunters. If anyone remembers anything in the games itself they think may be worth adding, mentioning it is good too.

I think there's something a loader bot did from tales from the borderlands where he pushes a giant atlas statue

That could be a feat we could scale to the VH

That may only be used for lifting strength, but it is something.

But no, I meant more about actual powers, like hax, and stuff. The AP issue could be looked at later to see if there's anything missed we could use, or anyone willing to try and scale the size of the much bigger pods, which would for sure end in an AP increase, even if not a very extreme one.

Imagine the calc for Saturn

But if you want I could also go over the borderlands games to find feats and haxs that can be use.

i personally think the BL2 VH's should be Low 7-B for defeating the warrior since the warrior is LAUGHABLY above normal loaders and everything else in the game even if it took all 6 of them to defeat it.

Sadly that can't be done, no amount of scaling can get you to another tier unless you are a literal step away from it.

But I don't doubt there are other things that could be found. And when the BL3 profiles are made, they at least scale to the Destroyer.

Another thing popped in my head the VH should also have higher durability normally, but also higher with shields.

Not sure there's a need to bump, unless there's anything you would wanna bring up.

But yes, their durability with shields is also higher, without even mentioning the weakness that they yield to constant or powerful enough attacks but they can regen quickly in short order.

Hey guys, there's this entire upgrade thread that ended last month and I'm pretty sure several AP upgrades were agreed upon and accepted. It's here

those are for BL3, we don't have BL3 VH profiles and i disagree with 4-C endgame BL3 VH that can be saved for the hax thread.

TBH

I ask someone to do the other calcs for the Superbadass loader bots, Constructor, and Saturn

So we can use it to scale the early game VH, then mid game, and finally late game VH.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Why would you disagree with it?
it's going off the assumption that tyreen absorbed the destroyer entirely when that is not true if she did then she would be planet sized and the VH's would have no way of beating her furthermore they never go "Holy shit you killed tyreen after she absorbed the destroyer? that's incredible" like they did when the BL2 VH's beat a weakened wilhem and to top it all off lilith would not have to move the moon if the destroyer was beaten since elpis is the vault key.

@Notorious That'd be exptremely helpful if they can find a size for the loaders. Thanks for doing that.

@Lavcore? Size is not an argument for her having absorbed it or not, nothing ever says she increases to the size of whatever she absorbs or that she absorbs the entirety of their mass as well. Likewise for any lack of statement, just as there's barely any statement for Maya's death or that annoying little girl becoming the leader of the Crimson Raider's, simply bad writing.

I am also not sure what it being the Vault Key has to do with the moon being incredibly close and basic gravity meaning it was gonna get pulled in and fall, ******* everyone over.

there is no statement of tyreen absorbing the destroyer completely, the destroyer never being mentioned after that is not proof of tyreen absorbing it so how am i supposed to believe that tyreen absorbed the destroyer completely if there is no proof of that? also we should save this discussion for another time not on a Q&A board.

Because then you are being extremely nitpicky asking for an statement of it being absorbed in it's entirety when the entire point was that only a small part of the Destroyer was fought before so Tyreen was gonna absorb the real deal, which was still around. Unless a new statement comes saying it wasn't the full thing, there's literally nothing to indicate otherwise.

how is it being nitpicky for wanting a statement for tyreen absorbing the complete destroyer?

there's also nothing indicating that tyreen did absorb the destroyer, the destroyer wasn't even freed yet so how could she absorb a planet sized creature in a short amount of time without it even being freed yet? and again this is a Q&A board let's discuss this another time.

It is nitpicky for wanting more confirmation than is necessary when there is absolutely nothing contradictory.

By that logic, how could she absorb anything, no matter how small the portion, which she did?

It being a Q&A doesn't matter, you can simply stop answering. It is not really prohibited to debate stuff in a Q&A thread.

i disagree. that isn't confirmation it's literal headcanon that tyreen absorbed the full destroyer when there are no statements proving that.

not what i meant but okay let me elaborate, how can one absorb the full power of something if the full size of that thing hasn't been released yet unless you want to say tyreen has planetary range with absorption which makes no sense whatsoever, planet range absorption means tyreen could easily absorb ava, tannis and amara's powers and nobody could stop her and yet she didn't do that.

what i mean is that this discussion doesn't belong here and we should save it for somewhere else where it's more appropriate and if i stop answering then it makes me seem like i have no rebuttal and that i'm a coward.

The story is about the destroyer, about only a single figment of it being what the BL1 dudes fought, about the actual destroyer still being sealed, literal holo messages from the Siren that sealed the thing millenia ago and whose power Tyreen inherits... but she didn't succ the full thing. Yeah, you would need to prove that Tyreen didn't achieve her literal goal.

What does something being released have to do with absorbing it? You are running under the baseline assumption that her absorption would be restricted by such things, without even accounting for the fact the destroyer was released, the entire reason it's tentacles even reach up for her and she dives into them. The only thing the absorption has been shown needing is contact, which she had.

But there was already a thread made for it that was accepted, just like the speed thing, so you would need to make another thread. The only reason it hasn't been implemented is that there's no BL3 profiles to give them the rating.

Quick thing that I thought of. Since the moon feat that Troy did seems to not be a calc we can use, but will it still be considered class Z lifting strength?

Ehhh, I've been thinking. If Saturn results in the 6-C levels of AP. Then maybe we can justify the Bunker for being 6-A or High 6-A

Also that Z class could scale to the Borderlands 2 characters, since he is using Maya phaselock skill.

Back