• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Aren't One Piece Characters MHS+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.i didnt brought the pacifista's feat becuase i think this is lightspeed or somting i brought it to compere this to enel since the PTS's supernovas were in most cases uneable to dodge this

2. this is not aim dodging Luffy clearly said the laser was slow

1. Then theres no proof the pacifista beam is comparable to lightning

2.to slow to outspeed his precog, as the pacifista took a second or two to fire, iirc

Hmmm, the reason why i think we have overlooked these feats up until now is because this wiki use to have far more stringent requirements when it came to proving real lightning, and Enel's lightning (much like Avatar Lightning Benders and Laxus) didnt cut it. But with the recent Laxus upgrade it appears we are in a transition towards a more lax definition of real lightning. So considering these past upgrades I dont see why this shouldnt apply. :)

tl;dr Im fine with this upgrade, as long as you can find someone to calc. the feats in question as dodging lightning doesnt guarantee a MHS+ rating.

And others have summed up my thoughts on the Pacifista lasers.

^well that's a counter like Nami's first,but later they were dodging it so it should be at least same as lighting speed, but anyway I think gwynbleid is good with calcs so, I guess we will see form him.

Enel's attack speed is already MHS+ for the usage of his lightning ability, but as shown in all of the links, no one even compared to the speed of the lightning. Moving your arm 30 degrees in the time lightning travels 10 meters is still High Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic at a high end.

No one in One Piece has yet to show anything superior to MHS speeds without any solid proof unless they are Kizaru whilst in his logia state. They would still be Hypersonic+~High Hypersonic

Everyone in close proximity of Enel was blitzed by his attacks, while those at a distance only had enough time to react to the bolt by the time it reached them.

@final really? I've seen it mentioned quite a few times that Enel was considered to use real lighting on this wiki, something about confirmation from WOG though I could be wrong and thinking of something else.

Also, the statements regarding the Pacifista beams need to stop NOW... aim-dodging, pre-cognition and the beams were charging up before fired. Luffy had plenty of time to **** his head to the side before the beam even fired.

If we see something where a beam is ON PANEL and a character moves in the NEXT panel, then we can begin discussing such things.

FinalBattleX01 said:
Hmmm, the reason why i think we have overlooked these feats up until now is because this wiki use to have far more stringent requirements when it came to proving real lightning, and Enel's lightning (much like Avatar Lightning Benders and Laxus) didnt cut it. But with the recent Laxus upgrade it appears we are in a transition towards a more lax definition of real lightning. So considering these past upgrades I dont see why this shouldnt apply. :)
tl;dr Im fine with this upgrade, as long as you can find someone to calc. the feats in question as dodging lightning doesnt guarantee a MHS+ rating.

And others have summed up my thoughts on the Pacifista lasers.
how this wasnt accepted in the past if Oda himself said that logia is become the natrual elemnmet? sound kinda strange after all i think we all agree that word of Oda>>>Opinions of fans no?

well nevermind at least now they will be MHS+

Dodging lightning does not mean MHS+ speeds.

For example (just to showcase): Enel's lightning came from 2,000 meters over Luffy's head. During the time it traveled from cloud to ground, Luffy moved 15 meters. The lightning traveled 2,000 meters in this time-frame.

Taking avg lightning: 440,000 m/s -> Luffy's speed would be 3,300 m/s or 9.620991 Mach, which would be Hypersonic range.

The same could be said for when Kalifa reacted to and defended against lightning, which I did a quick calculation of here, and it resulted in lower end MHS reaction speed for the low-ball, but still lower half MHS if we remove some distance so she has time to put up her barrier.

There have been calculations done regarding lightning feats in multiple verses, especially One Piece by Calculation members. They all have MHS or lower results.

For the last time:

They have not shown MHS+ feats in pre time-skip. The only one is Enel, who has MHS+ attack speed via true lightning.

The Beam dodging in post time-skip was aim-dodging and Sentomaru pointed out that Luffy was using haki when evading the Pacifista's attack, suggesting he also had precognition to help him react to the pacifista's attack before it even happened.

The Topic is done. I am going to request it to be closed.

it's not to do with an outlier... it is the fact that We never saw Luffy standing still with the beam coming at him on the SAME panel. Luffy could've already been moving his head before the beam fired, and it is made to seem that way via Sentomaru.

I agree with CinCameron20. I will close this thread, and appreciate if everybody involved drop the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back