• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most powerful character in Tokyo Ghoul?

Literally, there are too many building level characters so I couldn't tell who is stronger than who. But I'll go with Kaneki since he is the only one that has a Multi-City Block level tiering key here.

It's hard to say exactly who is 2nd only to Kaneki, but characters like Eto, Arima and Juuzou are all in the same range and are comparable to him

Kaneki. Second is Furuta and third Arima. Eto was one of the strongest in P1 but in Re, she was almost one shotted by Base Furuta in her full Kakuja. Kaneki also needed to use his Kakuja to go against Furuta.

XBlake123 said:
Kaneki. Second is Furuta and third Arima. Eto was one of the strongest in P1 but in Re, she was almost one shotted by Base Furuta in her full Kakuja. Kaneki also needed to use his Kakuja to go against Furuta.
And where would Juuzou and Eto be?

JohnCenaNation said:
XBlake123 said:
Hard to say tbh. There's Takizawa too who I can see at least on par with Eto and Juuzou needed full Arata along with Hanabee to defeat Kaneki. It's pretty hard to rank characters after top 3.

XBlake123 said:
JohnCenaNation said:
XBlake123 said:
Hard to say tbh. There's Takizawa too who I can see at least on par with Eto and Juuzou needed full Arata along with Hanabee to defeat Kaneki. It's pretty hard to rank characters after top 3.
Also this question concerns me a lot. Why is Post-Dragon Kaneki weaker than his Post-Cochlea Kaneki counterpart? Everytime Kaneki gets a new appearance, shouldn't he be more powerful than his previous appearance? Yet his VS Battles Wiki profile says otherwise.

JohnCenaNation said:
XBlake123 said:
JohnCenaNation said:
XBlake123 said:
Also this question concerns me a lot. Why is Post-Dragon Kaneki weaker than his Post-Cochlea Kaneki counterpart? Everytime Kaneki gets a new appearance, shouldn't he be more powerful than his previous appearance? Yet his VS Battles Wiki profile says otherwise.
They both are stated to be "At least Building level". But yeah, I agree that Post Dragon Kaneki's RC Cells were increased greatly so logically he should be Building+ since he scales above Kakuja Furuta and Base Furuta scales above Kakuja Eto who is already "At least Building".

Kaneki was able to rip apart Eto's Kakuja with a normal kagune attack. He then cannibalized her Kakuja and got even stronger. This stronger Kaneki got bodied by Arima. Then he had one of his psychological power ups and used his kakuja, managing to control it and still was getting beaten by Arima. Then later on, he gets even stronger as Post Cochlea/One Eyed King Kaneki strength wise, but was aging and couldn't regenrate properly, but had a better and even more powered up Kakuja than the one that fought Arima. Suzuya and Hanbee managed to beat this version of Kaneki, and not just beat, but mutilated him. When Kaneki reflected back on the fight, he did say that Hanbee was a big help to Suzuya, but what's interesting is that he said if Hanbee wasn't there, he might've been able to maybe possibly do something, not that he definitely would've won. He was very unsure of himself, and none of his personalities disagreed or said anything like he definitely would've won. Suzuya didn't seem that damaged after the fight, but sadly we didn't see exactly what happened. Finally, the strongest version of Kaneki we've seen, not counting Dragon, fight's and beats Furata.

We know that Arima easily beat Eto in the past, Furata completely destroyed her with a surprise attack, and that Suzuya was able to cleanly cut off the head of the weaponized zombie Eto's Kakuja with Jason, without using his Arata. With his Arata he was able to tank her "High-Density Compressed RC Cell Attack" which was basically a massive energy blast/exploison of RC cells. So all in all, it seems like Eto would be the weakest of the top tiers, since she was either beaten by or dealt with in some way by the other 4. Now here's the issue. Arima easily destroyed a weaker version of Kakuja Kaneki. Suzuya with help beat a stronger version of Kakuja Kaneki though Kaneki had some other issues going on and was unsure if he would've been able to win even in a 1 v 1. And Furuta lost to the strongest version of Kaneki that's not Dragon, so it's extremely hard to scale those 3. I'd personally say Arima would be the strongest after Kaneki, then Furata, then Suzuya, though Arima, Kakuja Furata, and Arata Joker Suzuya shouldn't be too far apart.

Back