• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the best waifu? - Doki Doki Edition

Monika vs Sayori vs Natsuki vs Yuri

Who is best grill? A╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠Âd╠Âi╠Âd╠ ╠Ây╠Âo╠Âu╠ ╠Âc╠Âh╠Âo╠Âo╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠ÂN╠Âa╠Ât╠Âs╠Âu╠Âk╠Âi╠Â? And why?

Don't know if someone has already done this thread, if yes I will close this.

Edit: grammar

Natsuki. To start, to me, she's the most relatable. Something like being abused and neglected by a parent is a common (and sad) thing that happens to roughly 3.6 million people every year. In 2014, state agencies found an estimated 702,000 victims of child maltreatment, and that's without considering for how long and how badly they were treated. Fun fact: that's enough to fill ten modernized football stadiums. Sayori's depression is even more prevalent, yes, but there's several other things that make me take Natsuki.

Another thing is how accurately Natsuki's symptoms are portrayed. Let's compare this to Sayori real quick. People with depression usually are fully aware of what they're going through, and tend to prefer being alone during it all. Both of these things do not apply to Sayori. She is completely oblivious and doesn't understand her own depression; she states she has it, so she acknowledges it, yet she doesn't understand it... this is a side effect of how air-headed she acts, I suppose. Meanwhile, Natsuki doesn't openly admit she's being abused; she's more fragile emotionally, but externally, she acts arrogant to make up for her own insecurities. She's afraid of revealing her own hobbies. All of these I can vouch for are actual things that happen to kids who are abused, and portrayed frighteningly accurately. That puts her a head over Sayori.

Furthermore, her personality is more likable than the other girls. She's not excessively clingy (Yuri), she's not head-over-heels for you like a Yandere (Monika), nor is she very foolish (Sayori). The only downside to Natsuki is how rude she acts at first, which compared to the others, I'd take any day. Furthermore, her downside changes as you get closer to her; the others though... they don't change. I guess you could say Monika did after you delete her, but it took you watching everyone die and then killing her for her to change... I think I'd avoid that, personally. Natsuki has many other likable traits of her personality. For starters, if you go down Yuri's route, she'll hate you on the third day as compared to Yuri hating you on the second day. She's actually nicer than Yuri, in the long term. Yup. Not to mention she's the only one that legitimately begins worrying about her friends. She worries about Monika in Act 1 when she's late, in Act 2 when she's late, writes you a note specifically begging you to help Yuri... I mean, at that point, she's probably the only one that cares that much about those around her. Why? That ties back in with how relatable she is. She doesn't have very many safe places or friends she can count on to begin with. Pretty much everyone judges her for her hobbies, and makes fun of her for how she looks. She's become ashamed of who she is at this point, and nobody takes her seriously. It's more of a realistic outlook for those people who struggled with social skills when growing up. The saddest part is... if you take Yuri's route, nobody backs up Natsuki throughout the game. She constantly gets singled out by Monika, Yuri, The Protagonist and even Sayori at some points. It just goes to show how everyone judges her for how she looks and acts... She also writes more expressively. I'll talk more about that below.

Debatably, Monika loves you the most, but in a way, all of them love you just about the same due to that being their sole purpose. The only difference is one is self-aware while the others aren't.

So, that leaves me with two last things: looks, and their writing.

As for who I think looks the best, I was always a guy that preferred smaller body types. The way I see it is they don't have to have huge... ahem... to be attractive. They don't need a severely matured body figure to look good. To me, being relatable to the person, liking them for how they act and having common interests is more important than this, but in this category, I'd still go with Natsuki, due to my natural preference. I understand this one is all about perspective, though.

And finally, their writing. Now, this one is a bit different for me... I legit love complicated, deep and expressive writing. This is what made me initially choose Yuri in my first playthrough. However, Yuri's writing is highly stagnant; I recall her using the word "flicker" six times in her poems. Stagnating words and... well, IMO, not so deep meanings is what draws me away from Yuri despite her having my preferred method of writing. Only her third poem has a deeper meaning; and the others are a bit harder to deduce. Heck, her "Wheel" poem I have yet to figure out. Meanwhile, all of Natsuki's poems have a really deep meaning. Her first poem is about the feeling of hopelessness, and giving up. Her second one is about unfairly judging people for what they like. Her poem "Because You," though... I personally love this one to bits. Every line just emphasizes how much you mean to her. Yuri's basically says, "I love you." Yes. But Natsuki's goes into detail about every little thing you've done to make her life worth living. It's... really touching. I won't say this about many games, but some of these characters really taught me some valuable life lessons. Though, I can only say that about Natsuki and Monika. Yuri and Sayori didn't really teach you anything... Finally, I also really have a distaste for Yuri constantly hammering Natsuki for having simplistic writing... in the end, I like Natsuki the most due to her relatability, personality, how she's treated (which ties back into relatability), her loving you just as much as everyone else, her looks (my personal preference), and for her more expressive writing.

If it weren't for Natsuki, I'd go with Monika. Without Monika, I'd choose Yuri. Sayori's my least favorite. :/

Yuri is best waifu. I find her a lot more relatable, at least for me. Enjoys dark writing, depressed, and prefers quiet people. Natsuki is... childish and annoying. I have literally never felt partial to her in any situation. Even Yuri's death doesn't really set me off.

I don't really have a long comment, I don't think I need to analyze Yuri to defend the fact that she's just the best one in the game. Yuri is a tangible character. Natsuki is annoying. EOD.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yuri is best waifu. I find her a lot more relatable, at least for me. Enjoys dark writing, depressed, and prefers quiet people. Natsuki is... childish and annoying. I have literally never felt partial to her in any situation. Even Yuri's death doesn't really set me off.
I don't really have a long comment, I don't think I need to analyze Yuri to defend the fact that she's just the best one in the game. Yuri is a tangible character. Natsuki is annoying. EOD.
But Natsuki is T H I N A S F and makes you want to pet her and protecc from being bullied. Yuri has an unrealistic breasts size.

You can't deny that.

uhhh what Im sorry Metal are you...did you PLAY the game? Sayori is not oblivious at all.

her way of acting is her DELIBERATELY hiding her depression. do you..do you understand clincal depression AT ALL?

Breast size doesn't really matter. This is a discussion of character, right? They're anime style, they all have unrealistic charactieristics. Abnormally thin, for example. And uh... well no, I don't want to protect Natsuki. Tsundere isn't good.

@Noxity & Julian: Thank you. :)

@Aqua: Yes. I do, actually. As a matter of fact, I was literally diagnosed with depression on numerous accounts before. Perhaps I was comparing it more to how I act. And, uhh... yes, she is oblivious. She doesn't understand that after you tell her you love her that she still feels bad. She doesn't even understand the way she feels multiple times in the story. You can think I'm ignorant; whatever. Honestly, I don't really care. I was just giving my opinion.

youre reading it wrong mate

She very clearly does but shes confused cause she thought that if she got what she wanted MOST of all, your love she'd feel better than she realizes no she still feels like shit.

common sense.

@Aqua: Okay... at this point, I'm going to ask you to stop. I already said this was my opinion. I recall her saying that, so I'll concede in that aspect, but she still has several other instances where she acts oblivious to it. Saying it's "common sense" is very disrespectful, so please, knock it off.

EDIT: Since I was accused of not even playing the game, I really wanted to prove my point to others that may be reading. In this link, Sayori very clearly admits she doesn't understand any of her feelings.

Am I allowed to say Sayori after the golden ending?

What? It's not my fault I like happy people.

Sayori is the best due to how much she went through with her depression and how she has dealt with it. Which makes her more than just your typical nice childhood love interest.

None really, they have all awesome aspects and some shitty traits as well

Anyway so I'm going via category

Most Realistic: Natsuki

Most Relatable to me: Sayori

Best Drawn/character I would spend time with: Yuri

Best Written: Monika

Sayori died too soon, so I can't really tell which number she would be.

Monika is the reason for the deaths of the others.

Yuri creeps me the **** out with her eyes.

Natsuki is the normal one, but too loli like.

Idk.

I'm gonna be random creative and choose Dan Salvato as the best waifu.

Reason? He is the creator of the freaking game.

He IS sort of a babe.

Yuri because I prefer soft spoken, long-haired, and big breasted grills generally.

@Grossuji She's not naturally creepy, only when Monika f*cks with her head.

I feel like the opression against grill-lovers in this thread is really just suffocating me.

Like honestly I just don't feel welcome.

Reported to the Tumblr police.

I would have to agree with Metal and say that Natsuki was my personal favorite because she was the most realistic, relatable, and genuinely caring person in the game. All of the other girls were more or less focused on pleasing you and didn't seem to care about their 'friends', save Sayori. However since keeping everyone happy was the only way to take Sayori's mind of off her depression, it's debatable if Sayori was being thoughtful of the other girls for altruistic reasons or if it was just a coping mechanism to keep her mind occupied. Based on how she reacts upon becoming president and omnipotent (deleting everyone and hogging the male protagonist all to herself), it's pretty reasonable to suspect her kindness is due to the latter, making her not all that different from Monika (who I don't hate because anyone would struggle to maintain their sanity upon finding out their existence isn't real, but still her actions and her character were undeniably selfish.) Natsuki was the only one who went out of her way to keep everyone happy despite also liking the male protagonist, and is arguably the only one of the girls who actually considered the rest of the club members her friends. I would say as an addendum that Natsuki's personality was never significantly tampered with by Monika, so perhaps there is an ugly, abusive side to Natsuki that we never got to see, but nonetheless the foundations of the negative aspects of Sayori and Yuri (possessiveness, selfishness, depression, etc.) were already there in the first place, Monika just exacerbated them. So yeah, I choose Natsuki as best waifu because her character was portrayed as the most relatable, she actually cared about her friends, and I personally like the agressive-cutesy types.

Also if we're keeping score we have:

Natsuki- 4

Yuri- 2

Sayori- 4

Monika- 2

Dan Salvato- 1

Player-Kun- 1

On the fence- 7

We need to know who is best grill, you fence sitters need to make a decision.

Yuri's depression is relatable. So is the possessiveness. I actually quite like that. 's good to feel wanted. Granted, when she was made insane by Monika, it was insanity + possessiveness, but her just wanting to be around the player was sorta adorable.

Came into this thread fully prepared to say Breinhard Bheydrich, then saw that it was for DDLC

Still saying it

Breinhard best waifu

Back