• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When Did Sonic Cross Multiverses?

He didn't. It's a feat taken heavily out of context. He ran along the Cosmic Interstate, which is an interdimensional short cut between alternate zones.

Are you referring to the cosmic interstate that a small portion of was 148,000 years long but he crossed all of it or something like that?

I don't believe he crossed all of it. There were several paths labelled "short cut", "shorter cut", and "shortest cut". He took the last one.

@Azathoth

i believe you are thinking about the wrong issue

than the one Darkness was referring to

Thman said:
@Azathoth
i believe you are thinking about the wrong issue
No, this is the issue in which he first uses it an ends up in the alternate Mobius where Evil Sonic (who later becomes Scourge) lives. What other time did he cross it that people are supposedly mentioning? Because this is the only instance of it that anyone seems to bring up.

the 1000 sonic arc where he also travels the cosmic interstate

and many other issues

The issue referred to never had a mention of short cuts in it just the mention of the next exit coming up, also the cosmic interstate is never fully defined as a way to shortcut your way through the multiverse only a way to travel the multiverse

ok just looked it over but i still have one problem with your arguement

sonic wasn't looking for a shortcut to scourge's world he was looking for a shortcut around his own world which obviously didn't work out for him because he got lost, considering he never uses the cosmic interstate to get around his own world again

so even if it had short cuts it shouldn't have counted against him going to the other side of the multiverse when that was never his intentions

That's not the problem. The problem is the Cosmic Interstate is not only portrayed as a way to travel the multiverse, but also containing numerous shortcuts. Not only that, but due to existing outside of different zones, its impossible to define how fast one would have to be to travel down it, along with dishonest to say this is the same as crossing the distance of the multiverse.

but in a later issue it showed that is takes light years to travel the cosmic interstate

that is where the base assumption that it would be actual multiverse traveling comes from also the cosmic interstate was said to be part of the neutral zone itself

and the short cut thing is weird becasue usually short cuts are there to keep you from going the long way not in the sense as there is less travel altogether involved considering the cosmic interstate is just a very long road with nothing really blocking the pathto force you to go a long way

and sonic again shouldn't have been affected by the short cut thing because he never took the short cut to scourges world which should still be the distance of the multiverse itself because there is nothing proving it doesn't

Crossing something that takes light years to travel in a day is not remotely the same as travelling an entire collection of universes in a day.

Also, Sonic very clearly takes the "shortest cut" as shown here. He got lost, but that doesn't mean he traveled the whole thing, as branching paths are shown.

If you want to make the claim that it is indeed the same length as the multiverse, you have to actually post scans which back up that assumption. Not just assert that it does.

uh no,when i said it shows that it takes light years to travel i didn't mean the whole thing, literaly the scan said something like "140,000 years until the next exit" when they were already traveling prior to reaching that sign

no he didn't travel the whole thing, he traveled the whole horizontal length of the cosmic interstate and the again the shortest cut wont matter in the end because of him not taking the that short cut to get to scourge's world when he cleary tried to get a short cut just around his own world which he would then get lost run around and then end up in scourges world

Thman said:
uh no,when i said it shows that it takes light years to travel i didn't mean the whole thing, literaly the scan said something like "140,000 years until the next exit" when they were already traveling prior to reaching that sign
no he didn't travel the whole thing, he traveled the whole horizontal length of the cosmic interstate and the again the shortest cut wont matter in the end because of him not taking the that short cut to get to scourge's world when he cleary tried to get a short cut just around his own world which he would then get lost run around and then end up in scourges world
Once again, the Cosmic Interstate is repeatedly referred to as a short cut. Yes he's likely running along it much faster than light, but it's still not the same as crossing the entire length of the multiverse.

and thats the thing its not repeatedely called a short cut, the short cut itself led him nowhere because he got lost

my point is the whole cosmic interstate is not a short cut the only thing it probably it has short cuts to other universes so you wouldnt go the long way which again wouldnt matter to sonic because he didn't know where he was going so he couldn't have used a shortcut to get to scourge's world

and if we take the interstate term seriously here because the interstate is vague in of itself it obviously works like a highway which would have you travel the entire length to get to your destination

Once again, shortcuts are REPEATEDLY mentioned and shown. Getting lost does not matter because it doesn't change the fact that shortcuts exist and that Sonic has taken them. If you want the Cosmic Interstate to be viewed as the same length as the multiverse, you must show proof that it is. Otherwise we cannot say so for sure, and this discussion is pointless.

Back