• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would Goku's statistics be based on MARVEL's Power Grid?

I have seen how they scaled the Marvel characters based on their intelligence, strength, speed, durability, energy projections and fighting ability outside of this wiki. If using that, how do you scale Goku in his normal form besides his God forms and Super Saiyan transformations? And maybe from his prime after the end of the series? I'm just curious, is all.

Going off of this scale he would likely be:

Intelligence: 2

Strength: ? (His LS is currently rated as Unknown)

Speed: 7

Durability: 7

Energy Projection: 6

Fighting Skill: Somewhere between 4 and 6

I'm not super familiar with the system tho so that may not be accurate...

I think:

Intelligence: 2

Strength: 7

Speed: 7

Durability: 7

Energy Projection: 6 (7 is only given to characters with an extremely high versatility in energy manipulation, not ones with raw power)

Fighting Skill: 6 (He has mastered several forms of martial arts)

Okay then. I'm guessing for his intel being 2 was based on his education, right? How about in combat? Would he be a genius or a gifted fighter?

I'd think gifted. He strikes me as one who learns through movement, and adapts the same way. Though, I don't remember him being that good in martial arts, but that could just be the crappy way of presentation of the series.

Also, how is he virtually indestructable? I thought he has like bulletproof or superhuman durability. You don't mind explaining, right, Antvasima?

As well as a 5 on his energy projections since he fires energy blasts that travels several thousands of kilometers.

From what I've seen it appears people with 4-B durability like Thor are considered a 6 by this grid. If so someone who'd be very, very casual Solar System level like DBS base Goku would probably get that rating, if not get a 7.

Base DBS Goku is MFTL, so he'd keep his 7 in speed.

His transformations increase his power and fighting ability, but not his martial arts skill or intelligence. So he'd be keeping his 6 and 2 respectively.

Goku has a lot of different applications with his ki and the attacks still have massive range even if not universal. He keeps the 6 there too.

TLDR: DBS Base Goku has almost the exact grid rating Antvasima said for SSB but of course his power would be to a much lesser extent.

I see. Speaking of intelligence, have you guys thought of a "Theory of Multiple Intelligences" before? I just saw the of MasakoX talking about Goku's smarts from what he is shown in the series, and the theory has a list of 9 things based on the theory by measuring one's intelligence: Verbal-Linguistic, Logical-Mathematical, Spatial-Visual, Bodily-Kinesthetic, Musical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, and Existential Intelligence. MasakoX says that Goku is adept to at least 5 of them; which he has Spatial-Visual, Bodily-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, and Naturalist intel. Funny thing, on his thumbnail, it looks exactly like the digital artwork I made of Goku from the 2013 teaser of Battle of Gods. (Just putting on like a nerdy getup on him.)
Son goku dragon ball z battle of gods by delvallejoel-d5xckgi

SunWukong1986 said:
I see. Speaking of intelligence, have you guys thought of a "Theory of Multiple Intelligences" before? I just saw the of MasakoX talking about Goku's smarts from what he is shown in the series, and the theory has a list of 9 things based on the theory by measuring one's intelligence: Verbal-Linguistic, Logical-Mathematical, Spatial-Visual, Bodily-Kinesthetic, Musical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, and Existential Intelligence. MasakoX says that Goku is adept to at least 5 of them; which he has Spatial-Visual, Bodily-Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, and Naturalist intel. Funny thing, on his thumbnail, it looks exactly like the digital artwork I made of Goku from the 2013 teaser of Battle of Gods. (Just putting on like a nerdy getup on him.)
Son goku dragon ball z battle of gods by delvallejoel-d5xckgi
I have a feeling Goku's own friends and family would argue against the idea that he has Interpersonal intelligence. Anyone who's watched all of the canon Dragon Ball series should know what I mean. He has a knack for getting on people's nerves, and he's had ample opportunity at this point to learn why he does so and how to stop doing it--but continues anyway.

@Ryu Thor's strength is 7, which is "incalculable". All the heavyweights are at 7.

Okay then. I also did like a sort of fan made power grid for my Dragon Ball OC using the rating from MARVEL. Kinda like this. (Just my opinion for my created fighter.)

Brock o lee s marvel power grid by delvallejoel-daq8l43

Okay, so I know that Goku is a gifted fighter, so his intelligence when it comes to fighting would be somewhere between 4 or 5 (though he can be a "naive idiot", he did barely pass the written test compared to Buu about 50%). His strength may be unknown, but he was able to like lift cars, push boulders, judo throw beings who are way bigger than he is like he did to Piccolo when he grew giant or something like that (though it focuses on punching than lifting in the series), but I'll probably think it will be set to perhaps... a 7? (Since he is getting a lot stronger as we speak.) His speed (as all of you mentioned and scaled) will be a 7 as he transcended light speed. Durability... I think he's either bulletproof as he survived from gunfire from hand guns to magnums and snipers and machine guns, or superhuman as he augments his physical limits with his energy as he blocks Trunks' sword with his finger. With energy projections is focused on Ki Manipulation and it has further range and longer duration, so I did think it was 5. And finally, his fighting skills... he has mastered several forms of combat from his adoptive grandpa Son Gohan all the way to Whis. So what do you think? Does it make sense? And it is when he was a normal Saiyan without using Kaioken, Super Saiyans, or becoming a god.

Quantu said:
If thor can get a 7 in durability then Goku can too, because thor is far from indestructible
He's down as likely 2C on vs wiki isn't he? If so he's way more indestructable than Goku

But yeah I'd argue is down as 2 for standard intelligence (Though frankly he sometimes comes off as 1), and probably 4 maybe 5 if it's fighting intelligence

7 strength without fail

6/7 speed since he's very fast and can teleport

6 durability since... well he's not really virtually indestructable, but I don't know what counts as virtually indestructable, this could range from Captain America's shield to Lord English

5 if we count Ki as a single form of energy, arguable 6

6 fighting ability since the guy has mastered multiple forms of martial arts

INTELLIGENCE: 2

STRENGTH: 4 (base), 5 (ssj,ssj2,ssj3), 6(ssj god, ssj blue) (cannot able to lift 1000 tons on manga)

SPEED: between 5-7

DURABILITY: between 3-6

ENERGY PROJECTION: between 5-6

FIGHTING SKILLS: between 5-6

Hmm it's interesting to see how having his guard down would affect his rating. I doubt this was considered when the power grid was made, so I don't know how we should tackle this.

Also his strength would be seven. From the Marvel Wiki:

7. Incalculable: in excess of 100 tons

The marvel strength scale is not to be taken literally, over 100 tons = over 25000 real world tons.

Colossus lift over real world tons but is in the class 75.

James Lent said:
The marvel strength scale is not to be taken literally, over 100 tons = over 25000 real world tons.
Colossus lift over real world tons but is in the class 75.
Colossus lift over 100 real world tons but is in the class 75.

What? so 100 tons = 25000 real world tons? source? other than the Colossus situation is there any flat out statement of this or proof?

(Is not official)

Class strength system on writeups.org

The thing, miss marvel, Iron Man are in the class 100, 50 and 100 but can lift over 100 real world tons.

In the 80" the marve scale was still literal

Back