• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Tier would this be? (Moon Moving Feat)

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so me and my bro just started creating Psi-Ops profiles and I want to do Edgar Barrett's profile but I not sure what to rate him with his TK Amplifier because I'm not sure what the standard is for moving the moon. Obviously the distance and timeframe is needed but I'm far from a calc man so I'll request it to be calced. This thread is just to see if I can get a good estimate while waiting.

https://youtu.be/iZtM489PJhk feat starts at 1:25 and ends at 2:05

Moon mving
Moon moving

Moon moving screenshots taken at 1:27 and 2:05. Time to move the moon = 38 seconds.
Distance the moon is moved in the screenshots = 3.7 moon widths

Actual diameter of the moon = 3474km

Actual distance moved = 1.285*107 m

Calculating the minimum acceleration needed to move it half that distance in half the time (it then gets accelerated in the opposite direction for the other half the time):

s=ut+0.5at2 1.285*107/2=0+0.5*a*(38/2)2 a=35606 ms-2

work= mass of the moon ( 7.34767309 × 1022 ) * acceleration (35606 ms-2) * distance (1.285*107 m) work=3.362*1034 Joules

Tier 5-A (Large Planet level)

He-Man actually has a similar moon-pushing feat that also puts him in this tier.

Back