• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What resistance does this give?

Interrogation magic was casted on our protagonist but it wasn’t working.

Interrogation magic works by checking the instinctive biological responses such as the spike in heart beat or the dilation of the pupil.

Wouldn't it be rather Resistance to Information Analysis?
I mean, they aren't really gathering information, they're observing biological components of the body.
I think resistance to Extrasensory Perception doesn't really exist unless for some reason you are blocking one from sensing something which might just be power null not resistance
That's what the character is doing though. They used magic to try and sense inside his body, and it didn't work.

I mean, they aren't really gathering information, they're observing biological components of the body.
As far as I know anything that involves senses is gathering information one way or the other
That's what the character is doing though. They used magic to try and sense inside his body, and it didn't work.
I think it lacks more context but it seems more like a normal case where the senses just don't work on "X" character rather than not working at all.

As far as I know anything that involves senses is gathering information one way or the other
If monitoring someone's heartbeat using magic is considered 'information analysis,' then any use of enhanced senses or extraordinary perception would be classified as information analysis as well.
I think it lacks more context but it seems more like a normal case where the senses just don't work on "X" character rather than not working at all.
I agree it does lack context. But, if a character is seen catching fire and walking away unscathed without any reaction, one would reasonably assume that they have fire resistance. Similarly, I would apply the same logic in this context. If interrogation magic simply doesn't work, and no reason is given, then I assume resistance.

If they resisted it consciously, body control (Has full control over their body's autonomous responses). If they resisted it subcosnciously/don't have such responses like a normal human being then Resistance to ESP ( does not possess instinctive biological responses that can be read while lying/under stress).
If they are just immune to the ability itself for no known reason then resistance to information analysis seems safest.

Back