• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What power is this?

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
"You try to be the white text guy, but fail to be the white text guy. No one can be the white text guy except for the white text guy."

"What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do. Guardians can never be told what to do. Neither the omnipotent kind, nor the ordinary kind who raise kids in houses. It's a universal law of reality. "

The first is linked to "being follow by the narration" more than an actual possession and the second to "the suggestion of commentator/narrator/author/others", so I think this can be a sort of Resistance to Plot Manipulation, but I'm not sure.

I don't see any power or resistance here. Could you give more context?

Also universal law of reality sounds like a in-universe thing as opposite to a resistance that a character itself has.

The command "Be the other guy" make the narration change to another character and make the nrrative point of view adapt to him. Here the command doesn't work on the character, like the text said.

The majority of the characters evolved trough the story by suggestion of the author/narration/or others to them. They can't even make a suggestion to Guardian because of "Guardians can never be told what to do".

The story being a meta-story, it's why I think this can be a sort of Resistance to Plot Manipulation, because it's "doesn't being affect by narration" and "doesn't being affect by what make the plot evolved".

Sorry if this is a bad explanation.

Well, if the first thing should had have worked with beings without resistance then it's plot manip.

>"The majority of the characters evolved trough the story by suggestion of the author/narration/or others to them"

Is the resistance something they themselves have or something the universe gives them? (Due to the "It's a universal law of reality")

Are Guardians H-dimensional beings?

Yeah, it work of everyone without resistance and who aren't "actually too mysterious to be reveal now".

It's more a thing which apply to all Guardian, they are created artificially (except one who is born from an artificial mother).

They aren't.

Back