• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is this ability?

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
There is this character called Kamen Rider Zero-Two with an ability confused me:

Quantum Leaper (クォンタムリーパー Kwōntamu Rīpā) - Zero-Two's dimensional quantum jump device. This makes it possible to observe the various possibilities that Zea predicts in the real world.

The original text is from the japanese site. Click on the bubble with number 2 to see it.

The translated text is from the english site. It pretty much the same as above.

Here is how it was demonstrated on-screen. Start at 5:24.

To summarize it: The black suit guy have precog ability which allow him to predict future possibilities, and he ensure that his attack will kill Zero-Two. When he does however, Zero-Two somehow survived the attack (definitely not through higher durability). Later, there was a scene of numeral space on the background then Zero-Two shown appeared from multiple angle.

What exactly is Zero-Two ability, can someone answer me?

I already show my theory on how this ability work.

I think it’s Quantum Manip/Teleport. Tons of quantum stuff being mentioned across various pieces, and just being resistances to precog doesn’t allow you to be un-hit or un-explode yourself.

Hell, the man literally appear in two place at the same scene.

Last edited:
I mean, Zero Two should still have resistances to precog since the literal translation is him saying that “I saw that you saw that prediction”.

Okay, so, a few of the KR supporters actually talked about this before and Magi actually translated the original text. This is what they said.

So...about Z2 Quantum Leap.
I just gone back to Zero-Two's SPEC in TV Asahi website to check the original japanese description. Then Zero-Two's quantum leap suddenly become much easier to understand.

クォンタムリーパー
仮面ライダーゼロツーの次元量子跳躍装置。
これによりゼアが予測する様々な可能性を同一世界上に展開させることを可能としている。

the word used here is not "observe" (観察)but rather 展開, which can be translated to "Deploy", ”Develope", "Progress".
And the word "Real world" here was actually "in the same world" (同一世界)
So gathering all of this, the correct translation would be :

Kamen Rider Zero Two's dimensional quantum jumping device. With it, Zero Two is able to performs various calculated possibilities by Zea in the same world

They further touched one this even more, saying

I imagine it's more like he shifted the state of himself with other versions in Zea possibility. Going from what science describe of "Quantum Leap/Quantum Shift"

Quantum leap is rarely used in scientific contexts, but it originated as a synonym of quantum jump, which describes an abrupt transition (as of an electron, an atom, or a molecule) from one discrete energy state to another

And going off of his first showing of this ability, his debut fight against Ark-One, we see this in action twice. At 0:55 when he reappeared after the finisher and at 1:35 when we see two Zero-Twos

So, tldr, instead of observing various possibilities, Aruto actually deploys them. This would explain the reason why Aruto survived Ark's attack, since there was a different possibility that says otherwise, Aruto was able to "deploy" that possibility. This would also explain why there were two Arutos in 1:35.

Precognition is the ability to see the future. The specifics of the ability, and whether or not they can act on the information they see to change the future, differs depending on the user and verse. The ability may only be useful for the short term; or it may be best for the long term. Precognition can allow characters to react to attacks faster than they'd normally be able to react to. The information it provides may be complex and intricate, or simple and limited, if not inaccurate, while other forms of precognition may be much more accurate.

Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page.

Based on the screen, he haven't moved an inch and him appeared in many places at once doesn't matched with what Precognition description.

I see the video. Sorry for my previous one answer. It is wrong. That abilitie can be a fusion betwenn Precognition and Psychometry.
Psychometry is a power where a psychic is able to gather information from its surrounding environment. This information comes in the form of skills, memories or knowledge of past objects and people most often through touch. The power is very useful in the way it can be applied. It can be used to find out the weakness of an opponent or in some cases it can be used to "Learn" the skills needed to use an object i.e a psychometric character can learn the skills of a master swordsman just by touching the blade.

An example of this skill combination is the androids like: Connor and Marcus from Detroit Become Human.

That still doesn't explain how he can survived the explosive, and how he appeared at many places.

Precognition and Psychometry can't do neither of that to my knowledge.

maybe some sort of hyper alternate future display, that doenst show them as projections but instead makes them real

I have already state my thought above about what this ability is.

and also
So...about Z2 Quantum Leap.
I just gone back to Zero-Two's SPEC in TV Asahi website to check the original japanese description. Then Zero-Two's quantum leap suddenly become much easier to understand.

クォンタムリーパー
仮面ライダーゼロツーの次元量子跳躍装置。
これによりゼアが予測する様々な可能性を同一世界上に展開させることを可能としている。

the word used here is not "observe" (観察)but rather 展開, which can be translated to "Deploy", ”Develope", "Progress".
And the word "Real world" here was actually "in the same world" (同一世界)
So gathering all of this, the correct translation would be :

Kamen Rider Zero Two's dimensional quantum jumping device. With it, Zero Two is able to performs various calculated possibilities by Zea in the same world

Back