• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the true nature of Minecraft Void (part 1)

Creative/Spectator Steve could be killed in the Void but with commands Steve resist. How true is that? This guy was an example Steve could resist Void in vanilla not in Creative Mode . If so every character could be killed by Void within 2.5 sec except Steve/Alex because they could resist. The_Void (Infdev) acts and provides damage as an invisible lava sea, and making the lava only visible when entering the void. Also in Bedrock_Edition_version_history#Pocket_Edition_Alpha Players in Creative mode no longer take void damage upon entering the void. Before this, all players will be instantly killed when entering the void, even in Creative. (Implied in other versions of Void)

1. Does the Void have/bounded by time? (If you fly higher the land and the void become nothing, and moon and sun would exist at the same time )

2. Do you agree Steve/Alex (in survival mode) resist the Void?

3. Do the Void instantly kill characters? or Void killed them until 2.5 seconds?

1. Kinda weird. It doesn't show any signs of being unbound by time, but it is repeatedly stated to be "outside" the world, to the point where nothing can exist there. At the very least, it probably does not have space, not sure about time.

2. No. Creative Mode is non-canon.

3. It's overtime, but it can be argued to be gameplay mechanic since every other object are instantly erased.

Except we don't?

I swear that's gotta be the second time I point out to you that the Command Block profile is non-canon.

We already scale a lot of things in minecraft to game mechanics, I could argue avatar steve to be a haxless unknown tier if we banned game mechanics for a game with almost no story.

We scale them to game mechanics because said mechanics are hinted/confirmed to be canon. Difficulty was stated to be canon. The different worlds were confirmed to be canon. Respawn was confirmed to be canon.

We don't indiscriminately say that literally everything in the game is now canon because of a few instances of other game mechanics being canon.

The void existing in the End is enough for most scaling purposes. Also the void does technically exist in other Overworld maps, such as some Superflat ones.

Although the meaningful scaling is the Dragon and Wither resisting it. The Player doesn't resist it and the Tier 2 Player is far too much above it for it to matter.

I am pretty sure the void is a game mechanic though. I mean, the game can't keep generating blocks forever straight down, so they put bedrock there for a reason... and they put the void in-case you went even further.

"The game can't keep generating blocks forever" Please, we have the game stretch longer than the surface of Earth on the horizontal axis. No way this is just a system limitation.

Also the void keeps being referenced as a in-universe thing, and is actually a thing in the End.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
2. No. Creative Mode is non-canon.
2.Hey the question no. 2 wasn't asking about creative mode.

"2. Do you agree Steve/Alex resist the Void?" not in creative dude.

>This guy was an example Steve could resist Void in vanilla not in Creative Mode

Survival Steve/Alex/Player resist void should be canon. This my revenge on when people pwned Entities

1. "It doesn't show any signs of being unbound by time" sure that's atmosphere not the void. You literally making an unintentional PUN because you said "but it is repeatedly stated to be "outside" the world" and outside of the world is timeless. (Did you get the pun?)

I dubbed sky as atmosphere

some old gamepedia info: IIRC Minecraft's atmosphere alternative name as blue-void opposite to The_Void , and this page was previously a portal to 3 dimensions of Minecraft one link was a portal to the Void page implied in Trivia.

1.1>I as well am not sure if the void bounded by time since I am sure your statement's referring to moon and sun would exist at the same time .

1.2>I just imagine the void is a bowl contained infinite space and the cube land was nigh-infinite mounting on the top of bowl, and sun and moon rotating around the cube land. I visualized the void/void as a bowl a nigh-infinite wide portal floating mid-space. I visualized the cube land's bedrock lay on the portal to the void.

Entire Overworld = ∞

Cube Land = nigh-∞

Portal between the Void and the Overworld: Portal nigh-∞ < Cube Land nigh-∞

Void = ∞

Floating in Space? Yes

How Cube Land float? because bedrock supports the land and the flatboard bedrock lay on the portal. Imagine a flatboard on the top of bowl (It's hard to re-interpret how i imagine it to be wtf?)

Me/My Reaction

3. I think without resistance to erasure is equivalent to instant erased. When one had resistance should be survived within 2.5 seconds. right?

3.1. If Enderdragon naturally capable to resist void, also Steve/Alex/Player/Entities should able to resist if Steve/Alex could resist.

Back