• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the most cursed crossover you could try to argue is canon by taking large stretches with other crossovers?

image0.png

Just thought about this from this image

I can play this game all day with Puzzle and Dragons, but my personal favorite:

Mickey Mouse's roster of friends were added to Puzzle and Dragons mere days of the Devil May Cry cast. That was a very funny news update on their offical site.

"Gawrsh, Imma need to use my Devil Trigger for this fight!"

PMMM is connected to battle cats through a crossover which links it to eva and metal slug which links to real-life via eva cars and for metal slug, I don't think I need to explain, also it would be connected to monster hunter, bikkuirman and uh just look at the list which also link to Hatsune Miku which is fun to see the chain from there

Okay, so Sesame Street originally had Kermit in it, Kermit is now Disney property and has connections to Mickey Mouse, there was a Mario reference in one of the newer Mickey Mouse shorts, and Mario crossovers with Sonic a bunch of times, Sonic collaborated with Hooters to promote Sonic Forces.

This means that Hooters and Sesame Street exists in the same universe.

PMMM is connected to battle cats through a crossover which links it to eva and metal slug which links to real-life via eva cars and for metal slug, I don't think I need to explain, also it would be connected to monster hunter, bikkuirman and uh just look at the list which also link to Hatsune Miku which is fun to see the chain from there
Honestly, battle cats has a lot of sick crossovers in it

I have a weird feeling that most Valve games share the same multiverse with each other, except for Counter Strike. Besides explicit references to other Valve games, these games have small bits of lore that can actually be seen in each other's lore and worldbuilding...

I have a weird feeling that most Valve games share the same multiverse with each other, except for Counter Strike. Besides explicit references to other Valve games, these games have small bits of lore that can actually be seen in each other's lore and worldbuilding...
Isn't Portal canon to Half-Life?

Don't expect it to be too deep, but all these signs lead to me thinking that there's a Valve multiverse out there.

There's a cosmetic item for a character named Io from the Valve game Dota 2 that turns him into a companion cube from the Portal series. When equipped, Io can make blue and orange portals similar to the one from the portal gun. The lore for this item doesn't really tell us that Io went to the Portal universe unfortunately, but something else connects them both.

In Dota 2, there is a game mechanic where you can combine items to make a stronger item. It's acknowledged in the lore of the game, thanks to several cinematics for story related events, which means that the symbol that we see in the icon for an item recipe might possibly be canon. The symbol shown is that of the Combine, an inter-universal empire who act as the main enemy of HL2 and HL: Alyx.

This update for TF2 mentions that Merasmus is not a top tier wizard. It goes on further to say that Merasmus only knows three spells, two of which simply allows him to guess the card that you picked. Now this reminds me of a part in yet another Dota 2 character's lore that goes into detail about the skill level of a magic practitioner. Invoker's lore and Rubick's lore both state that an ordinary mage can cast simply one or three spells. Four spells is already quite skilled for a mage, and anything above that is very skilled because it requires memory to be able to cast your spells. More spells means more incantations to remember.

However, magicians may consult spellbooks in case they forgor how to cast their spells without needing to remember it, because even if they forget how to cast, they can simply turn a page to the spell that they want to cast. Going by this criteria, it actually fits with TF2's description of Merasmus as a subpar wizard, since he can only cast three spells, two of them being useless. The writers could have just came up with a different reason for his incompetence in magic, like saying that Merasmus has poor mana capacity, but they specifically chose to write that. Not to mention the source of most of his powers comes from the Bombonomicon and whatever magic items he has (the pills that were stated to give Soldier a lesser version of Doomsday's immortality) rather than himself.

I think there's more to it than what I said, since I haven't played all of the Valve games yet. Besides Dota 2 characters being obvious references to the Half-Life series like Tinker's lore being a copy paste of the events of HL1, that's all for now.

This reminds me, the current Valve game profiles are incomplete to me. I think if I manage to make a big CRT for it, the Valve games (specifically Dota 2 and Half-Life) are going to be much more powerful than they currently are.

Back