• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the exact difference between High 1-B and low 1-A?

I'm pretty new to this wikia, so I don't get it really. It sounds very similar to me, anyone mind to explain what the difference is really?

The difference is more or less the difference between countable and uncountable infinities. High 1-B is countable, Low 1-A is uncountable, uncountable is considered a bigger set of numbers.

As a side thing, you can think of countable infinities as an infinite set of numbers, but where you can reach any of the numbers inside of it in a finite amount of time if you counted, no matter how long that finite amount of time is (this is the case for natural numbers).

This isn't the case for any Uncountable set, meaning any set of numbers bigger than the natural numbers.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The difference is more or less the difference between countable and uncountable infinities. High 1-B is countable, Low 1-A is uncountable, uncountable is considered a bigger set of numbers.
As a side thing, you can think of countable infinities as an infinite set of numbers, but where you can reach any of the numbers inside of it in a finite amount of time if you counted, no matter how long that finite amount of time is (this is the case for natural numbers).

This isn't the case for any Uncountable set, meaning any set of numbers bigger than the natural numbers.
Hmm okay, I don't know how this works though, isn't infinity always not countable?

Think of countable infinity as 1,2,3,4...∞.

And uncountable infinite would be something like 1,0000000(infinite 0s)1. And so on and so forth. You can watch this video to get a better idea for it.

Yeah sorry, is kinda hard to wrap your head around so is a bit odd to explain

And no, set (as in, a set of things like a set of chairs or a set of numbers) can be countable or uncountable. Even though a countable set is infinite, you could reach any number in it if you counted for long enough.

You can just take away that countable sets are smaller than uncountable sets, even if the general concept is really hard to understand. So destroying an uncountable number of higher dimensions is a bigger feat than a countable set of higher dimensions.

Back