• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What grinds your gears?

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So this thread is to talk about what grinds your gears, whether it would be in an anime, video games, books, or real life. So let's get started.

Grinds my gears

What grinds my gears are the following in no particular order (mainly IRL stuuf)

• when your in public and some bloaker turned idle and created a crowd traffic
  • Stores that don't accept credit card
  • People who don't use blinkers when intersecting in the road
  • BS anime fanservice
  • People who dont repeat themselves just because you didn't hear them
  • When you forgot your leftover takeout back at the restaurant
  • When you cant find your other pair of socks in the laundry
These are some of them (^_^)

Reppuzan said:
Plagiarism. I'm extremely tired of users being too lazy to rewrite things in their own words. I'm not looking for essays people, but at least try to put in the goddamned effort when you're writing pages. You're making this wiki look bad.
^ This I agree with.

A lot of things grind my gears.

This is on my mind right now: People who criticize fanservice in shounen series such as Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai but also watch/read things like Highschool DXD and Kangoku Gakuen. I know three people on another forum (which I shall not name due to the rule about not creating bad blood with other communities) who are guilty of this. Now, I dislike nonsensical fanservice in anime/manga as much as the next sane person. But seriously, anybody who watches/reads Highschool DXD and Kangoku Gakuen has no right whatsoever to criticize fanservice in other series. It's just hypocritical. And don't give me the "fanservice is the core element of those series" excuse. You're acting as though fanservice was never a part of Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai from the start when in fact, it was.

I agree with Reppuzan entirely. It was also a bit of a hassle to rewrite the KLK profiles I didn't make to avoid plagiarism. And I plan on trying to fix a lot more in the future.

I've never found writing a summary difficult. But if someone does, either ask me, Reppuzan or someone else for help, or simply don't make a summary.

Just don't plagiarize. Even if you don't care about stealing other people's hard work and taking it as your own, you're still making this site and yourself look extremely bad.

Well just RL itself especially 2016 now cause there are so many things that have to be PC not only that it's going in a spiral decent yare yare daze...

@Ataberksins and Soldier Blue

Preferably, let's keep politics off this site. This is meant to be a fun place and a haven from real-world nonsense.

1. Stupid anti-feats that ruin a rather consistent story

2. Ships between characters in general

3. Cringey comedic scenes (GT reeks of this)

4. Rereading Aurelian/Probus's death (It really was stupid, such a good leader died for being a good leader)

5. Auto-Resolve in Rome Total War against the Britons and Egypt

6. Annoying cutsey characters for the kids in a relatively darker piece of media. Only exception is the Grunts from Halo.

Back