• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does and doesn't count as environmental damage?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2041112 So a recent OP thread got me wondering what exactly does and doesn't count as environmental damage? ( since I see Pics's flower hill feat and Doffy's birdcage feats written off as such) when according to Ant the birdcage should be a form of AP and we largely disregarded this concept but said he wasn't sure and others would know better

So I'm asking if anyone here knows can you explain it to me?

Environmental Destruction is anything that affects the environment around the character but clearly doesn't correlate to a character's combative power, either physically or magically. A perfect example of that would be Elsa freezing her country.

Characters which can affect the environment physically (Like say, stomping the ground, clapping their hands, breathing, shouting) obviously have those effects scale to their physical power and durability.

If a character uses magic / energy powers to manipulate / affect the environment, but can also use those same magical powers to attack in combat then unless there's some specific circumstances going on such as prep time or an amp, it's fair to say that their combat magical powers scale to the environmental effect.

Back