• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weather Report vs Irene Belserion

True. Of course there is going to be speculation in a fight involving a character who hasn't even been in her series for very long and hasn't displayed her combat abilities at all and given she is a villian in a Mashima series she will not have a good/full showing, heck she just got nerfed by friendly fire so she could be beaten and converted (though this might lead to a full showing).

Btw the OP says nothing about WR starting with heavy weather active, just that he can use it.

@Delta, IIRC HW's snail projection is subconscious and thus automatic, it's essentially instantly active and doesn't require a start up. It affects the atmosphere and even the projection of light (rainbows) to send subliminal messages that turn people to snails when they simply look at the light.

Also HW is capable of destroying the ozone layer and WR (stand) doesnt just control the weather. Its capable of easily increasing the oxygen around Irene at a paralyzing to lethal intoxicating pure oxygen.

@ purple, I'm aware of what WR can do.

Irene can enchant people by looking at them (an attack as dangerous as snail projection) and transmute air into flame i.e. she can cause any air WR's inhales to ignite for a potentially instant kill given how hot or explosive she could make those flames. so this match is who dies first; since SP isn't fatal on its own and reverses if WR dies and O2 poisoning isn't going to kill someone with mountain durability as quickly as an ordinary human it will likly be WR who dies first.

"O2 poisoning isn't going to kill someone with mountain durability"

O2 poisoning can affect anyone that doesn't have any known resistance to it, durability doesn't play into whether or not someone dies from O2 poisoning. I doubt igniting the air would do much since WR itself could probably prevent it with vapor form.

I don't think you have a good grasp on how WR and HW work, to me you seem to still be doubt or misunderstand his abilities. "this match is who dies first" umm like almost every other match? If you mean who attacks who first I'd agree to an extent but I'd argue HW's rainbows would activate quickly before Irene even does anything and if she did do anything I'm not certain it'd be too effective.

From her listed abilities: Enchantment overall won't do too much; climate change wouldn't do much either, power extraction wouldn't work on a Stand User, animal transformation won't remove his Stand or put it at a major disadvantage, swords animation won't do anything at all. Flight is useless and would (though unlikely) work against her, and Eye Magic and Master Sensor would work against her greatly when HW is in affect.

Overall, I don't see Irene being capable to counter anything Weather Report has, especially Heavy Weather.

What i actually said was:O2 poisoning isn't going to kill someone with mountain durability as quickly as an ordinary Human my reasoning being that hyperoxia (O2 poisoning) causes cellular damage to the body and Irene with her vastly superhuman durability would require a enormous lvl of exposure to harm or kill. Additionally she can fly, logically implying she solved the respiration problem she would encounter, at the speeds at which she can fly, and depending on how she solved the problem she could be immune or resistant to hyperoxia.

Enchantment is the power to attach magic to anything so she could use her magic on him regardless of what form he took. Climate change would allow her the same arsenal of abilities as Weather, so not exactly useless. Power extraction does work on stand users, as proven when Weather himself had his stand removed by Whitesnake (a stand with that exact ability). Eye magic would work against her but she wouldn't use it since Weather is only 10-20m away so she can see him just fine without it. Sensor is the ability to sense energy or in this case Weathers stand; in verse sensors can detect people who have dispersed logia style or merged with the environment so he cannot hide from her nor use the ability aginst her since she isn't seeing with it.

Overall, most of your points are invalid.

@Delta

Some of your points rely too much on speculation. And no, until Irene displays resistance to O2 poisoning, you can't say that she'd require much more O2 poisoning to be damaged.

Besides, all of your points become irrelevant as soon as the match starts and Heavy Weather projects the rainbows and Irene catches a glimpse of it. The fight does not mention any prior knowledge for any of the fighters so she won't have any idea that she ha to avoid looking at the rainbws. Irene's climate control would be pointless unless you can show to me that Irene starts most of her battles by regulating the climate or weather since Heavy Weather's projection of Rainbows is, iirc, passive and will start as soon as the battle starts. Irene will not know that catching a glimpse of the rainbows would seal her defeat and thus, would most likely look at the suddenly spawning rainbows right in front of her and at that point, it is all too late for her to turn the battle around.

All this speculation is why i don't like this match and think it should be postponed or not even have existed till Irene has a complete profile.

As it is this match is a hax stomp which was obvious from the outset.

Back