• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Hunter X Hunter calculation blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think you can make crt for two different verses for just a couple of characters at that. You have to do them individually. And Hiruzen is already high 7-A

I moved this thread to the right forum section.

Anyway, it seems like @Damage3245 rejected the calculation blog in question, but other calc group members accepted it.

Dont think you can make crt for two different verses for just a couple of characters at that. You have to do them individually. And Hiruzen is already high 7-A
Thank you. I want to move Neferpitou's tier first. Can you help me?

If we already have other accepted calculations for these feats with different results, it is quite complicated to change the tiers at this point.

If we already have other accepted calculations for these feats with different results, it is quite complicated to change the tiers at this point.

HxH AP/durability thread calcs are same, too...

Yes, that is true.

@Damage3245 @CloverDragon03

What do you think about this calculation blog?

"Again, there isn't any reason for that diagram to be to scale.

It would be better to try and scale the palace directly to find the size of Youpi's crater."

You keep saying this without providing any evidence. The diagram is given to use by the narrator to explicitly detail the relationship of the underground road in comparison to the palace. It's literally the closest thing you can get to a precisely scaled distance. It isn't some character imagining a map, it's 3rd person omniscient given info, and it gives us an explicit known value for the length of the road. Using that you can inherently scale the rest of the palace, and as I displyed in my links it's the same architecture of the palace volume.

So as long as we have the map from the narrator which is explicitly a representation of the palace, and we know for a fact how long the underground tunnel is, it follows logically that we can deduce the palace size. Under this logic you could literally dismiss any calc that uses diagrams and statements given to us by the author if they aren't directly scaling the actual place on panel.

---

Somebody refuted Damage's logic.

Morever, HxH is somewhat underestimated than other mangas (ex: Onepiece Naruto etc)
Eh it peaks in power during the chimera arc tbh with the strongest of characters showing notable feats, wouldn’t say people underestimate it, just doesnt show powerful stuff. Best feat just based off cool factor would be Nefer traveling from the nest to kite though.

Eh it peaks in power during the chimera arc tbh with the strongest of characters showing notable feats, wouldn’t say people underestimate it, just doesnt show powerful stuff. Best feat just based off cool factor would be Nefer traveling from the nest to kite though.
In truth, some of 7-A characters seem weaker than Nefer and Youpi

People underestimate it because Togashi goes out of his way to try and downplay his own characters feats because he has a hate boner for strong characters.

People underestimate it because Togashi goes out of his way to try and downplay his own characters feats because he has a hate boner for strong characters.

Is this not in anime? That guy hates hxh 😂. As if he didn’t show us Uvogin taking a missile head on. Bro definitely forgot had to.

If somebody links to the calculation blogs that we currently use for these feats, I can move this thread to our calc group forum, and ask a few calc group members to decide which versions of the relevant calculations that seem most reliable to use.

I meant which calculations are we currently using for the feats in question?

I meant which calculations are we currently using for the feats in question?
Thank you.

@Damage3245 @CloverDragon03 @DMUA @Psychomaster35 @Therefir @Armorchompy @DemonGodMitchAubin

Which of the following calculation blogs do you think seems most reliable to use for our Hunter X Hunter scaling?

Last edited:
Just at a glance I'd like to hardcore take back the statements I made about it being vaporization and apply them to the second calc

Vaporization needs a specific statement, otherwise pulverizing with heat is totally possible and more likely to happen here

If somebody links to the calculation blogs that we currently use for these feats, I can move this thread to our calc group forum, and ask a few calc group members to decide which versions of the relevant calculations that seem most reliable to use.
Can you move it?? I am asking you now...

Just at a glance I'd like to hardcore take back the statements I made about it being vaporization and apply them to the second calc

Vaporization needs a specific statement, otherwise pulverizing with heat is totally possible and more likely to happen here
Oof, when you try to Upgrade a verse but instead downgrade it.
Anyways before you go ruling out vaporization read the reasoning for it in the blogs and the original upgrade thread.

@DMUA

Would you be willing to create a new calculation blog for the relevant feats please, or should we continue to scale from the currently used calculation blog in lack of better options?

Oof, when you try to Upgrade a verse but instead downgrade it.
Anyways before you go ruling out vaporization read the reasoning for it in the blogs and the original upgrade thread.
I have, it's still not convincing me.

Pulverization via heat would still generate a lot of smoke as a result, and that would indeed travel upwards. The immediate explosion itself releases the dust cloud of destroyed material, and smoke travels upwards.

The reference to nukes actually directly supports me, since, yes it gets that hot at ground zero, but most material outside of the immediate epicenter is in fact pulverized or less damaged depending on how far out you go (with some buildings or objects just not being majorly compromised at all)

Can't articulate much more because it seems to just be repeating the same idea with flimsy evidence
Would you be willing to create a new calculation blog for the relevant feats please, or should we continue to scale from the currently used calculation blog in lack of better options?
just replace 25700 with 214.35, it's not hard

I have, it's still not convincing me.

Pulverization via heat would still generate a lot of smoke as a result, and that would indeed travel upwards. The immediate explosion itself releases the dust cloud of destroyed material, and smoke travels upwards.

The reference to nukes actually directly supports me, since, yes it gets that hot at ground zero, but most material outside of the immediate epicenter is in fact pulverized or less damaged depending on how far out you go (with some buildings or objects just not being majorly compromised at all)

Can't articulate much more because it seems to just be repeating the same idea with flimsy evidence
Damn, that sucks. In that case could we use the overhead shot instead of the currently used Youpi height? The overhead relies on using Pitou's en Which has an established size of 2 kilometers to find the size of the palace, and since there's only 1 instance of that happening there's No inconsistent sizes.
Here is the calc I'm referring too https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Shmeatywerbenmanjenson/Updated_Youpi_Rage_Blast
I would of course change the values to Pulv instead of Vape.
Also good luck dealing with GodlyCharamander

I'm not quite sure at what part Youpi himself is measured at and how that'd apply to the crater but I'd generally think the fight itself is a better measurement then an overhead shot showing the structure at large

I'm not quite sure at what part Youpi himself is measured at and how that'd apply to the crater but I'd generally think the fight itself is a better measurement then an overhead shot showing the structure at large
Very well, there is another instance of youpi being in the crater that I can calc Ill get back to you with the results

I made a post talking about this a while ago

Uvogin is a enhancer and one of the strongest enhancer in the series. Kurapika statement in that panel about him not being able to fully block a 9mm bullet without taking some damage was just for his conjurer form not when he's in emperor time and as I bring up in the post Kurapika never tried to block bullets during yorknew he always found cover or used his chains something he would not have to due if he could just block with Ken or Gyo so his statement is in line with what we see from him and is not downplay by Togashi

Last edited:
I made a post talking about this a while ago

Uvogin is a enhancer and one of the strongest enhancer in the series. Kurapika statement in that panel about him not being able to fully block a 9mm bullet without taking some damage was just for his conjurer form not when he's in emperor time and as I bring up in the post Kurapika never tried to block bullets during yorknew he always found cover or used his chains something he would not have to due if he could just block with Ken or Gyo so his statement is in line with what we see from him and is not downplay by Togashi

Full power Kurapika can hurt 50% Uvogin. Uvogin at 20% can tank 55 tons worth of tnt like it's nothing. Kurapika In his base form is 60% of his scarlet eyes form. He should be able to tank relative to base Uvo.Not to mention he can harm 20% Uvo while he is bound. So yes it is a Retcon

Full power Kurapika can hurt 50% Uvogin. Uvogin at 20% can tank 55 tons worth of tnt like it's nothing. Kurapika In his base form is 60% of his scarlet eyes form. He should be able to tank relative to base Uvo.Not to mention he can harm 20% Uvo while he is bound. So yes it is a Retcon
It's not just Kurapika affinity for nen that changes when he uses emperor time his aura output also increases
0083-019.png

More aura which gives him greater power and defense the red eyes also give kurta clan memeber more power even if they are not nen users also what Kurapika said fits with what we see during yorknew look at how he handles bullets in that arc when in base he dodges/finds cover

53q22fgh9uu71.jpg

Or he blocks with chains

u03vy4wg9uu71.jpg

If bullets could due nothing to him he would just use Ken and ignore them but they are a threat while he's in base

Full power Kurapika can hurt 50% Uvogin. Uvogin at 20% can tank 55 tons worth of tnt like it's nothing. Kurapika In his base form is 60% of his scarlet eyes form. He should be able to tank relative to base Uvo

nen not that simple
nen users aura can become more powerful when they feel strong emotions we saw this with Gon during CA even before he transformed

0083-007.png

I think what Kurapika master said in the panel above applies to Kurapika he is facing one of the people who killed his clan so that would factor into his nen during his fight with Uvo allowing him to fight at a level beyond what would be the norm for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back