• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wave vs Penny (Speed Equalized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah now that she's been upgraded Penny wins this via higher speed and power.
Explain, I know she fought Pyrrha but what kind of boosts did she get?

As in, Multi-City block level (equal to or superior to Wave) plus vastly superior speed (Massively Hypersonic, around Mach 350)

I just re-watched the battle right now, and she did actually seem to get a bit better. But, she didn't look around massively hypersonic in the battle. Send time stamp of when you saw that.

(I'm blind. =V)

Might I point out it's only her reaction speed that went up. And as far as strength goes, Wave now has Mastema, which gives him the ability to fly even higher and with his new boosted attack, if she doesn't dodge, I think she's creamed. Also we still do not know Grand Chariots Trump Card but we know that Mastemas can reflect back any attack she sends.

There's also the fact that Wave will never EVER touch her due to the massive speed gap, and the fact that Mastema isn't always activated and thus she can blitz him before he can activate it or simply outlast him since using two Teigu puts an immense strain on Wave.

Again let me point out that the MHS is reaction speed ONLY. It is not attack or travel speed. It merely is how fast she can react.

Let me point out that it is explicitly listed that it's also COMBAT SPEED.

Wave gets blitzed, end of story.

My mistake. They added the combat speed and I never noticed.

Now I know they calced the speed but does anyone know why RWBY characters are now MCB?

These calcs.

Nora can smash this much ground.

Nevermores can crash into airships at this speed.

Penny fought Pyrrha who put up a decent fight against Cinder, who is far above Nora and the Nevermores due to having the powers of the Fall Maiden.

Okay. Strength feats seem legit. With current Wave I can't really defend him. But now my question is how come Rwby gets scaled for dodging natural lightning to MHS and AGK verse doesn't? I know this isn't completely part of the argument but if Akame gets back to MHS then so does Tatsumi then Wave gets scaled just for fighting with him. So in a roundabout way it affects it.

RWBY have a calc that puts them at MHS. AGK's lightning was only calculated to be High Hypersonic. Dodging natural lightning isn't always MHS. It depends on the fistance they dodged,etc.

Thebluedash said:
RWBY have a calc that puts them at MHS. AGK's lightning was only calculated to be High Hypersonic. Dodging natural lightning isn't always MHS. It depends on the fistance they dodged,etc.
^This

Hmm. The only problem I have with RWBYs is that I don't recall seeing a distance of the cloud to ground lighting. Not just the dodge but the distance the lightning traveled. I know that's the reason why that AGK is HHS.

Other then that, this is Penny's victory until we see more of Wave and he gets a boost. Which by the way can someone get Wave and Tatsumi's battle calced? They aren't doing it when I put it on the request page.

Drellix said:
Hmm. The only problem I have with RWBYs is that I don't recall seeing a distance of the cloud to ground lighting. Not just the dodge but the distance the lightning traveled. I know that's the reason why that AGK is HHS.
You do see the distance the lightning traveled. I reblogged the original RWBY lightning calc. Check around my blogs to see the calv.

Still, Wave has to avoid get blitzed by beams before he puts on Mastema, since he rarely starts fights with Grand Chariot active if I remember correctly.

It's not stated that they are in character. Also everything pertaining to speed is equalized. That's what that means. Combat, travel, reaction etc. All are equalized.

Standard combat assumptions dictate that unless it's stated in the OP, the fight is considered in-character. Penny doesn't hold back. Wave still needs to transform AND use Mastema in ordered to keep up.

Gotcha. Good to know. Okay so is he starting off with Grand Chariot on or off? Does he know he's in a fight?

Do they both know it's a fight? Cause if I recall both these characters are on the less knowledgeable when it comes to common sense.

That's what's normally assumed. After all, this wouldn't be a battle wiki if the characters didn't know they were fighting.

Then Penny does what she does and Wave equips Grand Chariot. Wave was capable of sizing up Tatsumi to being on par with him. I think he could do the same with Penny and equip GC.

Penny does what she does... utterly wiping the floor with her opponents. She doesn't hold back at all and rushes to blitz her opponents first.

First off, no blitz. Second, if she is fighting him, Wave will also not hold back. Wave hasn't held back in any of his fights. He will fight to the best of his ability.

There is still a fairly long transformation sequence in order to summon Grand Chariot. Even if Penny lets him transform, he still has to deal with her superior range and firepower, then he has to summon Mastema, which puts a toll on his stamina. Penny may be naive, but she is more than capable of dodging and parrying anything Wave can throw at her. Should he do that, his stamina will drain a hell of a lot faster than Penny's.

It should also be noted that Penny never took a single significant hit from Pyrrha and was only done in by her own magnetic body structure.

Transformation is quicker then you say. Mine shot at him as he was transforming and he still dodged. And I disagree with her being able to dodge and parry his attacks. Her specialty is with swords and long range. If he gets close enough, she doesn't have much of a chance.

Drellix said:
Transformation is quicker then you say. Mine shot at him as he was transforming and he still dodged. And I disagree with her being able to dodge and parry his attacks. Her specialty is with swords and long range. If he gets close enough, she doesn't have much of a chance.
Except for the fact that she clearly parried attacks from Pyrrha, who is the single most skilled non-professional Huntsman/Villain in the entire series. Her close combat isn't shabby at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back