• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40k Potential Major(?) Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo let me confirm this!

A Guy who disagree with upgrade for warhammer week ago.......comeback and try to upgrade it himself?
Nani the f

Let the record show that just because I like a franchise, I am no less skeptical when analyzing feats. lol

The ones in the OP just happen to be way, way more convincing than what I've seen, before.

{Controls the Warp, which can only be navigated with a device that requires an infinitely larger amount of dimensions to operate. }

"Perturabo nodded and set down the Antikythera. 'I suspected as much,' he said with a sigh, turning to lift something heavy from another part of his workbench. 'You remember what our father told us in the Hall of Leng? When he spoke of the warp and the danger of looking too deeply into its heart?'
'I do,' said Magnus, 'but this has nothing to do with that.' 'It has everything to do with that, as well you know, but we will speak of this later.' Perturabo's arm swung around and he smashed the delicate mechanisms of the Antikythera with a heavy hammer. The metal of the device buckled and split, the precision-ground lenses shattering into a thousand fragments. 'Brother, no!' cried Magnus as the pieces fell to the floor. 'Why?' Perturabo replaced the hammer on his workbench and said, 'Because I will play no part in aiding you in delving into things you have been told to leave well alone. Our father knows more than us. He has seen further than us. If He tells us there are regions of the warp into which even He does not dare look, then we are beholden to accept that.' "

No

No

It would definitely be hyperbolic if he just picked this thing up and made a random guess about it.

I give that statement more credence due to the fact Perturabo is speaking about something he had to create a perfect replica of in a setting where even Guilliman has displayed some understanding of higher-dimensional mathematics.

Kepekley23 said:
God dang it, I'll need to write a High 1-B SCP Foundation tale to compensate OvO.
Anyway, after a good analysis, yeah, this seems alright.
Buff SCP-106-1, he's a babe.

Why the Hive Mind is "possibly" High 1-B

According to this quote it is "bigger than a god"

Beyond the shield she saw the Great Dragon's true form. Not the hideous intrusions into the mortal realm that swam the black star sea, nor as a Farseer might see it, as a great and braided cable of malicious fate dominating all the skein. The first was merely a part of the whole, and the second psychic abstraction. What Iyanna saw was the reality of its soul. It was a great shadow when seen from afar, a wave of dread and psychic blindness that preceded the hive fleet's arrival. But the greatest shadows are cast by the brightest lights, and seen closely, the soul of the hive mind shone brighter than any sun. She was so close now that she perceived the ridged topography of its mind, larger than star systems, an entity bigger than a god. It contemplated thoughts as large as continents, and spun plans more complex than worlds. It dreaded dreams that could not be fathomed. She felt small and afraid before it, but she did not let her fear cow her defiance. Against this vista flickered the souls of eldar, their jewel-brightness dimmed by the incomparable glare of the Great Dragon. And this was but a tendril of the creature. The bulk of it stretched away, coils wrapped tight about the higher dimensions, joining in the distance to others, and then others again, until at a great confluence of the parts sat the terrible truth of the whole.

No it isn't. Chaos wrecks the Hive Mind in Devastation of Baal without even trying. That quote only says it is higher dimensional to an unknown degree and is Ilyanna's perspective of it.

You missed the point entirely.

The Hive Mind as a whole was wrecked by the collateral effect of the Chaos Gods creating the Great Rift. A big chunk of it literally died.

What their armies do is irrelevant.

Reading Flight of the Eisenstein, I found a very good supporting description for the nature of the Warp:

THE EISENSTEIN FELL.

The warp gate opened, a ragged-edged wound cut through the matrix of space, and it drew the damaged frigate inside. Unreal energies collided and annihilated one another. With a brilliant flicker of radiation, the ship left reality behind.

It was impossible for a person possessed of an unaltered mind to comprehend the nature of warp space. The seething, churning ocean of raw non-matter was psychoactive. It was as much a product of the psyches of those that looked upon it, as it was a shifting, willful landscape of its own. On Ancient Earth there had once been a philosopher who warned that if a man were to look into an abyss, then he should know that the abyss would also look into the man. In no other place was this as true as it was in the immaterium. The warp was a mirror for the emotions of every living thing, a sea of turbulent thought echoes, the dark dregs of every hidden desire and broken id mixed together into a raw mass of disorder. If one could apply a single word to describe the nature of the warp, that word would be Chaos.

The Navigators and the Astropaths knew the immaterium as well as any human could, but even they understood that their knowledge stood only in the shallows of this mad ocean. Description of the warp was not something they could easily relay to the limited minds of lesser beings. Some saw the
realm as if it were made of taste and smell, some as a fractal back-cloth woven from mathematical theorems and lines of dense equations. Others conceived it as song, with turning symphonies to represent worlds, bold strings for thought patterns, great brass reveilles for suns, and woodwinds and timpani for the ships that crossed the aurascape. But its very existence defied comprehension. The warp was change. It was the absence of reason unleashed and teeming, sometimes mill-pond calm, sometimes towering in titanic, stormy rages. It was the Medusa, the mythic beast that could kill an unwary man who dared to look upon it unguarded.

Into this the wounded starship Eisenstein had been thrown, the shimmering and unsteady bubble of her protective Geller Field writhing as the insanity tried to claw inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back