• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Titanic Downgrade

Got your blood warm there didn't i?

Well no i'm not downgrading anything too major here, what i'm here for is the Titans in Warhammer 40k and how absurd the scaling is with them

First things first, it's straight out idiocy comparing the Imperial Fleet to the the Imperial Titans because that's like comparing a heavy armored vehicle to a Battle Ship in our world not only do titans have no way of fighting them but they are vastly outgunned in every single way by even the smallest ships

Secondly, there is no comparison between the titan legions and imperial fleet, in fact titans have been known to be taken out by Tau's Manta ships which are said to be literal fodder to even cobra class destroyer which is the weakest and smallest class of imperial ship, plus the armament in Titans and Ships while having the same source have a completely different scale to them on literally every way you put it

Weapons? Both have plasma weapons but plasma weapons are only ever used in cruisers because how ineffective they are in space while it is the most powerful weapon amongst titans. Energy Source? I don't know where this even came from, because you have a battery that once managed to power an entire house with literally millions of other batteries it doesn't mean that it will output the same amount in a doll that literally only says "dadda", what's my point is comparing battery isn't a good argument for power scale

Thirdly, i don't know how someone who is an expert on the verse legitimately thought they could scale a battle ship to a f**king titan. Just for comparison here's an image depicting the largest a titan has HAS EVER BEEN STATED TO BE IN NUMBERS against other imperial ships, weaponry on a frigate is larger than a imperator titan ON MAXIMUM SIZE let alone a Battle Ship, Yeah lets compare a ship that can blow up a planet with a f**king mech that needs a 100 vs 100 battles to even scratch the surface

Now i know i seem a bit harsh but legitimately it makes me kinda mad to see something this out of scale to actually get a scaling to something that can literally one shot it with it's weakest weaponry

There's plenty of evidence that at least Imperator Titans can take out battleships in low orbit and there have been cases where Imperator Titans were completely unscathed by Orbital Bombardment too, if you want to get to that.

Sure they're smaller but that's not relevant.

There's plenty of evidence that at least Imperator Titans can take out battleships in low orbit and there have been cases where Imperator Titans were completely unscathed by Orbital Bombardment too, if you want to get to that.

Sure they're smaller but that's not relevant.
My main point in the post was how the comparison between titan legions and imperial navy weaponry and armaments didn't make any sense. Comparing the most powerful Ships in the Navy against the most powerful titan is a huge stretch because titans cannot even come close to outputting the same amount of energy as even the smallest ships, Ordinatus is a thing for a reason (Literally navy weaponry brought in land) and they're only capable of firing their guns once and they're so powerful that titans get obliterated and are capable of incinerating mountains to ash

As for Imperator taking out battleships in low orbit... No. Firstly how would a titan even take out a battleships void shields, sure i can see a cruiser void shields get taken out by focused firepower on low orbit but a battleship? The Titans would most likely get annihilated before the void shields can even be scratched let alone get taken down, i mean if there is a story on it i doubt it's even consistent because there is also a story where a imperator titan gets taken down by lava from a exploding volcano

The size kinda matters because of the energy storage, you can't expect an imperial knight to ever be able to put the same amount of energy a warlord can put, same goes for the imperator titan

I think he's trying to say that Titans can impact ships, which are High 6-A in totality. Every one of them.

So what, if anything, should we do here?

My proposal here would be downgrading the warlord and emperor titans AP because there isn't enough information or straight out statements of any kind that even validates the High 6-A attack potency but we can keep the durability for the emperor titans because a Imperator Titan named Dies Irae survived orbital bombardments unscathed with it's void shields but the same said titan curbstomped an entire legion of Titans ranging from warhounds to warlord titans

My proposed tier would be 6-C because titans scale to this calc here, that's the overall AP. The Void Shield Durability for the Emperor titans remains the same (the warlord gets downgraded obviously) and for the PSI titans, the High 6-A should be removed entirely because it's straight out stated that they're powered by Alpha level psykers which can destroy entire planets with ease

Last edited:
That subatomic destruction for the C-Beamer was disproven because it's hax, not AP. And imo if Titans are to be downgraded, they should probably be "At least 7-B, up to High 6-A". The 7-B comes from the fact that Titans annihilating large cities and in general being comparable to enormous nuclear weapons of our era is commonplace. The "up to" is because of the huge inconsistency issue Warhammer has. Sometimes Titans are taken out by what reasonably should not have a chance to do it, sometimes they really do display ship grade power.

In the Rynn's World novel, the Orks utilize Gargants, which are basically their equivalent of Titans to bring down the void shields of the main good guy base, which proves to be impenetrable from orbit, even with thousands of Ork ships up there. There's probably some special circumstance included there, but the point is, Titans are SOMETIMES comparable to lesser ships.

RELATIVE good guy. Crimson Fists are actually nice people...generally.

Yeah I can agree with changing the Titans AP to “At least 7-B, up to High 6-A” due to 40k inconsistency’s and such.

Alright this seems good but i still have two more questions

What tier should a Imperial Knight be in?

and should we remove the High 6-A tier from PSI titans?

What are the staff conclusions here?
Titans should be changed to "at least 7-B, up to High 6-A"

Alright this seems good but i still have two more questions

What tier should a Imperial Knight be in?

and should we remove the High 6-A tier from PSI titans?
No on the Psi-Titan part, and somewhere above High 8-C for Knights.

It seems so, yes.

However, please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

Back