• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wanked WWE file

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

Why the absolute hell would the lightning scale to physicals, it's just Environmental Destruction for the Undertaker.

I think a downgrade seems reasonable unless further context.

Also, shouldn't he have acrobatics? I don't follow pro wrestling but there are some pretty acrobatic stunts in it.

I think this is fine at a glance, since AFAIK the lightning isn't exactly used to attack someone Zeus-style anyway.

And yeah, Acrobatics and Weapon Mastery are a given if you take all that chair-smacking and baseball bat smacking for granted.

Again tho they just swing em around, not particularly practiced by in-verse logic.

I think this is fine at a glance, since AFAIK the lightning isn't exactly used to attack someone Zeus-style anyway.
There is an instance where the new day withstood being zapped by the undertaker to note the escape the undertaker series is considered to be canon to the mainline canon

I do agree acrobatics should be on there but disagree with the removal of weapon mastery as cena in particular has shown to have skills with some specific weapons such as a steel chain which he has used on a couple of occasions

There is an instance where the new day withstood being zapped by the undertaker to note the escape the undertaker series is considered to be canon to the mainline canon
It doesn't scale to durability anyway, at most it's electricity resistance.

I do agree acrobatics should be on there but disagree with the removal of weapon mastery as cena in particular has shown to have skills with some specific weapons such as a steel chain which he has used on a couple of occasions

Cena and many others should also have Social Influencing from promos and stuff.

Are pages out of real people even allowed on here?

Regular humans can survive lightning, so?
Unless there's a Universal Energy System involved, we already forbid scaling stuff like heat, electricity and cold to physicals, since the energy values don't impact on the body like a blunt force would do.

wall level feat is flawed since he punched through a drywall. If that was 9-B then that one kid in 1st grade that threw a chair and broke through a drywall is also 9-B and I am currently 9-A via scaling.

I believe WWE files should have some notes and rules about powerscaling in a similar fashion to those we have for Marvel and DC, because pro wrestling is heaviliy influenced by the Everyone can fight everyone rule, since their performances are influenced by fame, popularity, storylines and such.

LS can be turned into AP, but we must be careful when scaling people to strongmen like Strowman.

The lightning bolt is nothing but a gag/visual effect. It's not even a real lightning bolt. Wouldn't even be AP at all I'm pretty sure.

Regular humans can survive lightning, so?
Yeah it’s just klol mentioned it
I believe WWE files should have some notes and rules about powerscaling in a similar fashion to those we have for Marvel and DC, because pro wrestling is heaviliy influenced by the Everyone can fight everyone rule, since their performances are influenced by fame, popularity, storylines and such.
Yeah! There have been proposals on this thread

this one was made by eliminatorvenom .w.

• Greatest Hall of Famers and most successful fighters. Note that this might only cover specific timeframes. (Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman at his peak and similar ones. Similarly tiered, but that might be a bit lower as they vary a bit and are conceptually more normal fighters, are Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Roman Reigns, John Cena...)
  • Notorious fighters. (Chris Jericho, John Morrison at his strongest moments, most of the successful cast may be here in normal circumstances, Big Show, Mark Henry)
  • Average wrestlers and jobbers. (Santino Marella, The Miz, Hardcore Holly...)

he also made things on not to scale

• Everyone Fights Everyone: Any character can wound or at least inflict pain upon each other in regular occasions. As I will explain a bit further on, the way to scale characters as beyond or below each other is to look how they match up conceptually, and to take into account the circumstances they fight on. See, for example the match between MVP and Mr. Kennedy against Undertaker and Kane. You will see that, during the whole fight, Undertaker and Kane are clearly the superior ones. MVP and Mr. Kennedy can cause them pain and inflict some damage, but they are clearly inferior. However, there are many moments there that either the Undertaker or Kane take the fight seriously, and they take no damage at all from their strikes. This is a common trope in fiction, but particularly glaring in wrestling. The Undertaker that is facing seven other guys in a Royal Rumble match is a completely different 'taker than the one who singlehandedly defeated the entire Smackdown roster.
  • Entrance Peak Energy: This is most noticeable in Royal Rumble matches, so I won't even link them, although if you guys really want a good example, look for the 2007, which is the one I am most familiar with and I can point out several times this happens. In any case, every fighter has a short-lived, extremely high-energy moment when they enter the ring. Even very low-tiered fighters often beat up high-tier ones for a few seconds and knock down several people on the ring before they, themselves are stopped. That is to introduce a bit more chaos andadrenaline into the fight, and a fighter's general performance should not be judged by how they perform in the first moments of a match, except in really egregious cases. In most matches this doesn't apply, as both fighters start out strong, but any fight that introduces someone in the middle of the fight, know that they will dominate the battle for a short time.
  • The Whole Is Stronger Than The Sum: A corny name, I know, but fighters who do attacks as a group do much more damage than alone. A bit hard to give examples, but Royal Rumbles are a good example of this, so 2007 is good too! (There's a better one, but sadly, I forgot the name) Somehow, when two wrestlers contribute to do a single attack, it does way more damage than they, separately (or even together without coordination) can do. Again, in the Undertaker and Kane V.S. MVP and Mr. Kennedy, the only times they did real damage, aside from cheap shots, were when they did coordinated attacks. Similarly, attacks that involve self-sacrifice (That are dangerous to the own user), from leaping from heights such as ropes, ladders or even the scaffolding (yes, really, that happens) and, obviously, with weapons often do way more damage than normal. Funnily enough about team attacks, often times wrestlers have a certain... Let's call it "partnership level" with each other. The better they work as a team, the higher we can consider that "level" to be. What do I mean by that? Wrestlers that are tag team champions, are brothers or have some sort of synergy often do more damage when doing combined attacks than teams that may be composed of individually stronger fighters, but without as much chemistry. In a Royal Rumble with specifications that I forgot, there was a tag team whose individual members were being beaten up hard bythe other fighters, but once they worked together, they eliminated practically half of the ring. Another example of that is how, in Royal Rumbles, many times fighters that have no experience in tag teaming with each other do combined attacks, but they are, seemingly, barely any more effective than their individual attacks.

The lightning bolt is nothing but a gag/visual effect. It's not even a real lightning bolt. Wouldn't even be AP at all I'm pretty sure.
I'm pretty sure that, in the context of the series, the Undertaker actually has the supernatural ability to summon lightning. Given that the stage is damaged by it, it seems legit.

Okay, never mind then. But it still shouldn't scale to anyone else really, plus is it even cloud to ground lightning?

Again, tanking lightning is just, doable by 10-Bs, it's an extremely unconventional way to inflict damage that doesn't really scale to physicals proper.

It's unscaleable, and should be removed.

1. I agree with removing the 8-C keys for the WWE verse, as I was already fairly iffy on it at the start.

Also, shouldn't he have acrobatics? I don't follow pro wrestling but there are some pretty acrobatic stunts in it.
Agreed. Forgot about this.

Cena and many others should also have Social Influencing from promos and stuff.
Firmly agree with this. Many wrestlers have the ability to control the audience and even their opponents with their mic skills (usually by manipulation and/or pandering to the audience).

wall level feat is flawed since he punched through a drywall. If that was 9-B then that one kid in 1st grade that threw a chair and broke through a drywall is also 9-B and I am currently 9-A via scaling.
They're 9-B for going through tables and surviving, as well as the force of Big Show's KO Punch being 1809 PSI, which is comparable to a Hippo's bite force.

this is assuming they're the same types of table as the one in the blog here
Here comes the confusing part.

Realistically speaking, the tables in WWE are made up of either plywood or thin wood, but in kayfabe (aka, in verse), the tables are treated as actual wood. The job of the company is to keep the wrestlers as safe as possible, so they use materials that wouldn't take too much force to break. Despite this, the WWE plays it off as actual wooden tables, so it's the same type of tables as the one shown in the blog.

To elaborate, here's someone explaining why the WWE wrestlers are easily able to rip the cage door of its hinges. The cage door is gimmicked, which means the lock and hinges are worn down, so it can be easier for wrestlers to rip the door. In kayfabe, however, they are portrayed as powerhouses that can do things no regular humans can do.

Here comes the confusing part.

Realistically speaking, the tables in WWE are made up of either plywood or thin wood, but in kayfabe (aka, in verse), the tables are treated as actual wood. The job of the company is to keep the wrestlers as safe as possible, so they use materials that wouldn't take too much force to break. Despite this, the WWE plays it off as actual wooden tables, so it's the same type of tables as the one shown in the blog.

To elaborate, here's someone explaining why the WWE wrestlers are easily able to rip the cage door of its hinges. The cage door is gimmicked, which means the lock and hinges are worn down, so it can be easier for wrestlers to rip the door. In kayfabe, however, they are portrayed as powerhouses that can do things no regular humans can do.
Anyone has a response to this?

Back