• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wally West (Post Crisis) Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
God I wish

Anyway, jokes aside, the speed justification has a few issues which I think can be fixed. This is not a downgrade, pls don't kill me

First thing first;
While it says this, the scan mentions "nearly". And even Hunter's statements throughout the issue doesn't say that time was 100% stopped. From the way the issue talks about it, they are moving so fast, time nearly stopped for the two of them, but it didn't. So I think the description might need slight tweaking. They did fight in locked time, and while time did move, it was extremely slow. Because right now it's misleading with the scans and the issue. Or if you guys don't want to tweak the justification, maybe add more scans where they explicitly say time has completely stopped - which I cannot remember personally. Just my two cents.

Anyway, I wanted to focus on this one issue on his file. It's the immeasurable speed justification that are... Bad.
Immeasurable via running through time, the Speed Force, and using the Fourth Dimension
While the justification is more or less fine ig, the problem is... No scans. Literally no scans of anything in this section. No scans for time travel feats, Bo scans for the speed force ones. Yeah, I know, we all know his time travel and speed force feats, but those who didn't read it don't know that, so... Scans are needed. And also a bit of a justification.

Now to focus on my biggest problem with this section is... Where does the fourth dimension feat comes from? I have read almost all Wally comics in post crisis and I can't remember that one to be honest. Can someone at least link an issue?

In any case, they need scans and justifications. So that's why I am making this CRT so we can find and discuss scans/justifications for his infinite speed.

Scans I can look for (time travel and speed force), but justifications I need help with.

I do recall a comic where he literally outpaced an instant transmission thus moving faster than instantly in the process; that should be his main justification for the Immeasurable part.
3869628-6451425362-30698.jpg

In the teleportation case he had stolen the speed of 100 billion people composed of radio waves, all of humanity running at the same time and the five fastest Earth based heroes going maximum speed. Its a amp in the same capacity that Jesse Quick's thing is an amp.

What isn't a amp would be this scene or this scene for example, since its all just him and his connection to the speed force.
Both actually work and the 4th dimension thing should also be from human race.

Wally's Tredecillions of times FTL feat also required being amped by the Earth's population. So I agree that at best, he can only reach Immeasurable speed via speed steal from planetary populations, or from other characters who have speed equal to that combined might.

Wally's Tredecillions of times FTL feat also required being amped by the Earth's population. So I agree that at best, he can only reach Immeasurable speed via speed steal from planetary populations, or from other characters who have speed equal to that combined might.
he Has moved through time several times by sheer speed also and 4th dimension also.
Again I didn’t even remember wally tapping into the speed force to outpace that instantaneous teleportation infact.

Can you post scans of the 4th dimension? I did a quick glance at the scans posted by Qawsedf but I don't see 4th dimension thing?

So what, if anything, do we need to change here, in summary?

Should some scan links be added to his profile page? Make sure to not use Discord links in that case. Preferably use links to wiki scans instead.

Okay. Thank you.

Should I send out a notification to the usual members?

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Ran along with the Big Bang[20]), higher with kinetic energy transfer (Reset every radio on earth in a few zeptoseconds[21]), Up to Infinite with Speed Force amplification (Using Jesse Quick's connection to the Speed Force, Wally became so fast that time did not move from his perspective, and he proceeded to fight Zoom in his locked time[22]), Immeasurable via running through time, the Speed Force, and using the Fourth Dimension
To this
Speed: Massively FTL+ (Ran along with the Big Bang[20]), higher with kinetic energy transfer (Reset every radio on earth in a few zeptoseconds[21]), Up to Infinite with Speed Force amplification (Using Jesse Quick's connection to the Speed Force, Wally became so fast that time did not move from his perspective, and he proceeded to fight Zoom in his locked time[22]), Immeasurable via running through time, the Speed Force, and using the Fourth Dimension

Thank you. That seems fine to apply to me.

Looks good, but the Infinite speed still has stopped time which actually wasn't the case. Or at least not in the scans shown.

Well, maybe a reference section can handle that part, as long as the rest of the story makes the issue clear.

Well, maybe a reference section can handle that part
Wally hadn't adjusted to the speed increase yet. The next panels detail that Zoom was coming into focus from Wally's POV, which wouldn't be possible if he instantly got to his new maximum speed. Wally was getting faster until he moved at the same speed of Zoom. Later on it was also starting to wear off because he started to see Zoom out of focus again and notedhe was losing speed.

Okay. I meant that a regular comic book issue reference can be used, so our visitors can look it up themselves.

Wally hadn't adjusted to the speed increase yet. The next panels detail that Zoom was coming into focus from Wally's POV, which wouldn't be possible if he instantly got to his new maximum speed. Wally was getting faster until he moved at the same speed of Zoom. Later on it was also starting to wear off because he started to see Zoom out of focus again and notedhe was losing speed.

Can this be used for infinite speed also?

Wally hadn't fully adapted to to speed yet and eve4y subsequent statement from Zoom and Wally had time being completely frozen. The story arc also had multiple statements about how Zoom could completely stop time around himself.
As i said, the scans itself don't show that and that's a problem.
Well, maybe a reference section can handle that part, as long as the rest of the story makes the issue clear.
Okay. I meant that a regular comic book issue reference can be used, so our visitors can look it up themselves.
So, about this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back