• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Probably not in my best interest to post this considering how much hate I'm already getting, but researching God of War is genuinely the most agonizing thing I've ever done on this wiki. Even just double checking the pages for innocuous stuff often leads me down a rabbit hole of finding two, three, or even more abilities I missed during my initial sweep that are just explicitly, comically wrong. I literally just went go check Zeus' profile so I could grab a scan from his breath attack justification, which led to me realizing his incorporeality is wrong, which led to me realizing that Kratos' corruption resistance is wrong, which led to me realizing that his "resistance to all of Hades' abilities" thing is wrong, which led to me realizing that Hades' biological manipulation is wrong, which- I can't fucking take it anymore man, it's just a neverending cascade of bullshit. All of this happened in the course of like 10 minutes.
Three more.

In the course of 10 minutes.
1tv5ieO.png

EDIT: Five more. Took about a minute to check one claim that's just, completely fabricated. Not even a misinterpretation of information, because the information doesn't fucking exist.

EDIT^2: we might have to nuke GoW from the wiki and start over holy fuck

Last edited:
I get that you're stressed, but is all this swearing really necessary? It apparently isn't good for the forum's advertising
To be fair, she said she was venting and this is the pet peeves thread. I think it's fine, so long as it isn't malicious or hurting anyone.

Going through 3+ revisions of this verse has been stressful on everyone involved. And staff are clearly annoyed at it too lol

I'm surprised the verse hasn't been put under review by the staff at large.

That said, a lot of verses are kind of just outdated. When are those Star Wars revisions coming..
You can't really attribute this to the verse being outdated, the supporters are quite active and regularly make upgrade threads for the verse.
I get that you're stressed, but is all this swearing really necessary? It apparently isn't good for the forum's advertising.
I am the last person on earth who will be swayed by "but think of the advertisers!"
To be fair, she said she was venting and this is the pet peeves thread. I think it's fine, so long as it isn't malicious or hurting anyone.

Going through 3+ revisions of this verse has been stressful on everyone involved. And staff are clearly annoyed at it too lol
That, and I just swear a lot in general lmao

You can't really attribute this to the verse being outdated, the supporters are quite active and regularly make upgrade threads for the verse.
Oh true, I guess it was wrong of me to put those two things in the same post. They're unrelated and I apologize for inadvertently summarizing both as "outdated". SW specifically is outdated. GoW just appears to be indexed poorly.

I understand, I'm just suggesting that the swearing isn't great for the forum.
I am the last person on earth who will be swayed by "but think of the advertisers!"

That, and I just swear a lot in general lmao
I don't think anyone likes the advertisers directly, I'm thinking of the staff and community.

Three more.

In the course of 10 minutes.
1tv5ieO.png

EDIT: Five more. Took about a minute to check one claim that's just, completely fabricated. Not even a misinterpretation of information, because the information doesn't fucking exist.

EDIT^2: we might have to nuke GoW from the wiki and start over holy fuck
If you think this is bad then you would wish you were dead when you dive into Bleach profiles... Just saying...

If you think this is bad then you would wish you were dead when you dive into Bleach... Just saying...
I've found it's hard to discuss Bleach regardless of what you're saying because the supporters are quick to gatekeep. You raise a positive thing for the verse and they basically tell you to go away. I understand keeping the verse together, but it isn't the most approachable practice.

I've found it's hard to discuss Bleach regardless of what you're saying because the supporters are quick to gatekeep. You raise a positive thing for the verse and they basically tell you to go away. I understand keeping the verse together, but it isn't the most approachable practice.
For someone who is debating Bleach for years for its positives and negatives and committed a downgrade just recently.. YOU DON'T SAY???

Probably not in my best interest to post this considering how much hate I'm already getting, but researching God of War is genuinely the most agonizing thing I've ever done on this wiki. Even just double checking the pages for innocuous stuff often leads me down a rabbit hole of finding two, three, or even more abilities I missed during my initial sweep that are just explicitly, comically wrong. I literally just went go check Zeus' profile so I could grab a scan from his breath attack justification, which led to me realizing his incorporeality is wrong, which led to me realizing that Kratos' corruption resistance is wrong, which led to me realizing that his "resistance to all of Hades' abilities" thing is wrong, which led to me realizing that Hades' biological manipulation is wrong, which- I can't ******* take it anymore man, it's just a neverending cascade of bullshit. All of this happened in the course of like 10 minutes.

No other verse has had me audibly go "how the **** did they get away with this" at least once a day. I'll often overstate my annoyance towards some verses because it's funny, but GoW has the distinction of being the only verse where this isn't a bit and looking at how bad things have gotten makes me genuinely angry. My initial estimate of 12 threads over a course of 3 weeks is now hilariously outdated, and I think it's safe to say I'll be doing these downgrades for the rest of the year, if not longer. This isn't even including the magic or cosmology threads! Those are gonna take even longer, and the explanation pages are somehow just as bad as the profiles!

I need to emphasize that I've had to manually replace several thousand scans across multiple research documents, retype thousands of words that have been lost due to power outages or simple negligence, rewrite entire threads from the ground up multiple times, and spend hundreds of dollars on translations and various gaming magazines all for the sake of this hobby (the translations and magazines are mostly for my own enjoyment, though), yet all of that is somehow magnitudes easier than trying to sort through whatever the hell is going on with GoW on this wiki.

I also wanna point out that I don't even hate GoW or GoW supporters (I'll begrudgingly admit I've come to like Kratos a bit more as a character due to being exposed to more GoW stuff recently); I just hate the way yall scale shit. I also hate the way yall handle debating, because let's not forget the - what are up to now, 3? - false RVR reports that have been made as a result of this series of revisions. Because apparently having to debate the most miniscule shit for ten pages straight somehow wasn't agonizing enough by itself.

Sorry for the long rant, it's been upwards of two months since I've started this whole thing, I'm exhausted, and I needed to vent. Don't take this as anything more than "researching this verse sucks and I don't like debating it"; It's not an insult, it's not a personal attack, I'm just tired. Although feel free to make a fourth false report if it'll make you feel better, I guess.
I really don't get why you are even bothering with GoW if it bothers you so much and is mentally and physically draining you, unless you are being held hostage or you/your family is threatened or you are paid to do it. You aren't obliged to do any of this. Just focus on finishing your Touhou revisions considering you seem to actually enjoy it and claim to spend a lot in acquiring its media for research. You claim big revisions coming but you always sidetrack Touhou for some or the other reason. I cannot fathom why the thing u enjoy the most is at the bottom of your priority list.

I really don't get why you are even bothering with GoW if it bothers you so much and is mentally and physically draining you, unless you are being held hostage or you/your family is threatened or you are paid to do it. You aren't obliged to do any of this.
The basic premise of this website is indexing characters, and people tend to be here because they have a vested interest in accurate indexing. It's natural to want to fix something when you see it is inaccurate. It's also just the principle of the matter. It's normal for small mistakes to slip through, but I echo Fuji's sentiments that I have never seen a verse with this degree of blatantly inaccurate abilities. I cannot fathom how someone saw a scan that said "Oceanus had 3000 offspring" and would characterize that as "Life Manipulation/Creation."

The basic premise of this website is indexing characters, and people tend to be here because they have a vested interest in accurate indexing. It's natural to want to fix something when you see it is inaccurate. It's also just the principle of the matter. It's normal for small mistakes to slip through
Yeah we all know what the premise is, but that shouldn't come at the cost of your real life, affecting your mental health or sleep or even your other hobbies. That's what I am trying to say here. Its legit concerning what she is going through.

I really don't get why you are even bothering with GoW if it bothers you so much and is mentally and physically draining you, unless you are being held hostage or you/your family is threatened or you are paid to do it. You aren't obliged to do any of this. Just focus on finishing your Touhou revisions considering you seem to actually enjoy it and claim to spend a lot in acquiring its media for research. You claim big revisions coming but you always sidetrack Touhou for some or the other reason. I cannot fathom why the thing u enjoy the most is at the bottom of your priority list.
They were asked to do this by people, if they have monetary gain behind it all you can't even be mad. Might be against standards and horrid practice which people have gotten trouble with in the past but how can you fault someone for getting a bag? It's egregiously worse if someone spends many sleepless nights on a forum online with nothing to gain from it, especially for a verse they don't support or like.

It is unique. You make a small speculation or comment and they usher you out even if it's a possible upgrade. I have raised similar things for other verses without a similar response.
Looking at the lifting strength/Intelligence section of certain characters still makes me chuckle every time,and Nnoitra's master swordman's justification is literally using some stuff that i have been told does not exist.
I know someone is working on the Intel section for a lot of characters,and then lifting strength i think has a big project on the way,same with speed i think???
There's the the per cour CRT's with the Bleach anime but i don't think anyone has a problem with that in particular.
I don't have a problem with it personally but i can see why others would potentially have issues with it.

They were asked to do this by people, if they have monetary gain behind it all you can't even be mad. Might be against standards and horrid practice which people have gotten trouble with in the past but how can you fault someone for getting a bag? It's egregiously worse if someone spends many sleepless nights on a forum online with nothing to gain from it, especially for a verse they don't support or like.
I have no idea what you're referring to here. As far as I know neither me nor Fuji were asked to do these downgrades by someone else nor were we offered money for it. Please refrain from making bizarre accusations like that.

But I echo Fuji's sentiments that I have never seen a verse with this degree of blatantly inaccurate abilities. I cannot fathom how someone saw a scan that said "Oceanus had 3000 offspring" and would characterize that as "Life Manipulation/Creation."
Touhou would be a far better example imo, as it has far more egregious examples like
I cannot fathom how someone saw a scan with a regenerating health bar and characterize that as Mid-Godly. This is way bad especially considering its a high tier ability.
Now, if Fuji self proclaims to be some harbinger of accuracy, this doesn't look that well as its her primary verse that she supports.

I cannot fathom how someone saw a scan with a regenerating health bar and characterize that as Mid-Godly. This is way bad especially considering its a high tier ability.
Now, if Fuji self proclaims to be some harbinger of accuracy, this doesn't look that well as its her primary verse that she supports.
As much as I don't give much of a shit of tiershit verses like this, that definitely does not look like Mid-Godly Regen

Touhou would be a far better example imo, as it has far more egregious examples like

That's not "far more egregious." There could actually be context to the verse mechanics that make this coherent. I agree this gif by itself is insufficient evidence, but it is frankly nowhere near the level of absurdity that I've seen in GoW profiles. This is not "having kids is life manip" level.

And Fuji has asked me to review her blogs for accuracy and been receptive to me telling her when certain abilities aren't justified, so this is apples to oranges.

Believe it or not, I do actually get burnt out from working on Touhou from time to time. I'm in the middle of a small break right now, actually. Even when not on a break, however, I'm always doing at least something to keep things moving along; I recently finished up a list of over 1000 new abilities that'll be added during the revisions, ordered a book with a lot of official renders that are hard to come by (and those that are still around are pretty crusty, so I'd like to get them in high quality), and a friend of mine has been going through the games to gather the last tiny bits of footage we need. Most of this work has been done during the course of the GoW revisions; I never drop everything I'm doing to pursue some other revisions. Touhou's always on the backburner.

As for GoW... I'm simply not the kind of person to let shit like this slide, even if I don't like having to deal with it. The profiles as they are now are a genuine embarrassment to the site; If I don't change that, nobody else will. I've complained before about how many people here will just sit on their ass and complain about verses that are wanked/downplayed without making an effort to change it, so what kind of hypocrite would I be if I also just sat here and whine about GoW without at least trying to fix it?
Yeah we all know what the premise is, but that shouldn't come at the cost of your real life, affecting your mental health or sleep or even your other hobbies. That's what I am trying to say here. Its legit concerning what she is going through.
This is perhaps the least concerning thing to happen to me all year. I appreciate the sentiment, however.
what

This is very funny because I am the #1 proponent of Touhou's pages being outdated as hell and rife with misinformation; Not at all comparable to GoW goons swearing up and down that their shit is valid. But since you asked so nicely, here's a more proper justification, including a feat wherein a character absorbs the spiritual energy of everyone in the setting and they all survive.

I was about to say "if you think Touhou is so wanked then downgrade it" but then I remembered CRTs for the verse a re a no-go rn lmao

Anyways, yes, the justifications are bad. Some of them will be reworked heavily, others will be removed outright. But at the very least I'll be upfront about how much work the verse needs, instead of claiming "no everything is fine you're just downplaying because you're getting paid off by the deep state" or whatever conspiratorial bullshit yall are rambling about.

That's not "far more egregious." There could actually be context to the verse mechanics that make this coherent. I agree this gif by itself is insufficient evidence, but it is frankly nowhere near the level of absurdity that I've seen in GoW profiles. This is not "having kids is life manip" level.

And Fuji has asked me to review her blogs for accuracy and been receptive to me telling her when certain abilities aren't justified, so this is apples to oranges.
I don't think that's really a great point. If there was indeed context that justified the ability, then it should've been provided on the thing, you know? Meant to justify it.

I agree this gif by itself is insufficient evidence, but it is frankly
This is very funny because I am the #1 proponent of Touhou's pages being outdated as hell and rife with misinformation; Not at all comparable to GoW goons swearing up and down that their shit is valid. But since you asked so nicely, here's a more proper justification, including a feat wherein a character absorbs the spiritual energy of everyone in the setting and they all survive.
That is exactly what I meant and pointed out, that currently Touhou has inaccurate justifications for abilities and needs fixing and is in a sorry state. Whether u have better justifications is another matter. But currently its bad(worse state than GOW where u are trying to remove basically nothing burgers versus high tier abilities for Touhou) which is what I am pointing out

I don't think that's really a great point. If there was indeed context that justified the ability, then it should've been provided on the thing, you know? Meant to justify it.
Yeah, it should've been, but that blog is also two years old and I didn't have nearly as much information as I do now. If it really bothers yall I can break my self-imposed no CRT rule and make a better justification for it.
That is exactly what I meant and pointed out, that currently Touhou has inaccurate justifications for abilities and needs fixing and is in a sorry state. Whether u have better justifications is another matter. But currently its bad which is what I am pointing out
That's why I've been working on it for almost two years straight, my man.

Whether u have better justifications is another matter. But currently its bad which is what I am pointing out
I don't think anyone made the claim "GoW is the only verse with any poorly justified abilities" or "Fuji's favorite verse is a shining beacon of up-to-date information." This example just doesn't provide anything than a hollow "gotcha." It's not nearly as bad as the sort of stuff we've been removing from GoW, like "uses a sonic shriek to make someone's head explode, therefore Death Manipulation."

Of course, I wasn't saying otherwise, but it's not uncommon for the full context to be missing, that's a far more understandable mistake than something self-evidently ridiculous like the Oceanus thing.

That's why I've been working on it for almost two years straight, my man.
But I suppose it needs to be halted for another year because of a verse that you don't even support or like or have anything to gain from it. Well I guess Touhou itself can be deleted from the wiki for the time being.

I don't think anyone made the claim "GoW is the only verse with any poorly justified abilities" or "Fuji's favorite verse is a shining beacon of up-to-date information." This example just doesn't provide anything than a hollow "gotcha." It's not nearly as bad as the sort of stuff we've been removing from GoW, like "uses a sonic shriek to make someone's head explode, therefore Death Manipulation."
Hollow gotcha, tf, u were the one making a comparison in your post about never seeing a verse like that, I pointed out that I have seen a verse worse than it, and it just happens to be Touhou, nothing more. U can stop with the accusations here.

But I suppose it needs to be halted for another year because of a verse that you don't even support or like or have anything to gain from it. Well I guess Touhou itself can be deleted from the wiki for the time being.
Why would Touhou be deleted from the wiki? It needs improvement, but its far from being in the kind of state we would need to justify deleting a verse. This just seems motivated purely by spite.

Hollow gotcha, tf, u were the one making a comparison in your post about never seeing a verse like that, I pointed out that I have seen a verse worse than it, and it just happens to be Touhou, nothing more. U can stop with the accusations here.
You attempted to claim Touhou was worse because of a single ability that was not properly justified, but still had better evidence than 90% of what Fuji has removed from GoW at this point. That doesn't mean Touhou is worse, at all. The idea that it "just so happens to be Touhou" instead of you clearly trying to pull a "gotcha" on Fuji because you're upset about the downgrades is not plausible. The motivation is transparent.

Do you actually disagree with any of the abilities that Fuji removed up to this point? Or are you just upset in general at the idea of the downgrades happening?

I'd like to see you try.
Actually yknow what, I'd like to briefly rescind my "no Touhou CRTs" rule for juuuust a little bit. Just long enough for you to make a downgrade CRT - however long you like, whether that be a paragraph or a college-length essay - so you can prove you aren't just talking out of your ass here. After all, if you're so certain it's one of the worst things on the wiki, then surely you must be ready to defend that point of view, right? Or are you just another person who loves to complain about the state of things without making an effort to change it for the better?

Why would Touhou be deleted from the wiki? It needs improvement, but its far from being in the kind of state we would need to justify deleting a verse. This just seems motivated purely by spite.
Again with the accusations?
Touhou suffers from the same issues? What else?
You attempted to claim Touhou was worse because of a single ability that was not properly justified, but still had better evidence than 90% of what Fuji has removed at this point. That doesn't mean Touhou is worse, at all. The idea that it "just so happens to be Touhou" instead of you clearly trying to pull a "gotcha" on Fuji because you're upset about the downgrades is not plausible. The motivation is transparent.

Do you actually disagree with any of the abilities that Fuji removed up to this point? Or are you just upset in general at the idea of the downgrades happening?
I gave an example of a single ability just like you gave an example of a single ability. U can go through the whole verse and see for yourself what are the rest.
Actually yknow what, I'd like to briefly rescind my "no Touhou CRTs" rule for juuuust a little bit. Just long enough for you to make a downgrade CRT - however long you like
Why don't u completely rescind it? There are active verse supporters, why does the verse needs to be locked from making CRTs in the first place if u know its in bad shape?
If u are really gonna fix it then I wont waste my time with the current ones and see what new CRTs/ justifications you have to offer.

Back