• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I like it how ppl get shocked and paranoid as fuсk like they're having a heart attack when they get reported to RVRT. Act in some way this site is their fuсking life or some shit.

image.png

“All of this is why I prefer stuff like the OPM tiering instead of these goofball ass tiers”

bro not even ten minutes ago:
Oh **** the image broke

Oh **** the image broke
This has been happening a lot in the "Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots - New Forum edition" thread. I wonder why, and I hope this problem gets solved. I suppose this counts as a pet peeve.
Its discord links quickly dying on sites that aren't discord (for some reason), if you want actually see it you have to throw it onto discord and it will load, probably in whatever private server you have made

I hate the rise of fridge logic resistances. 90% of fiction does not treat space as cold or radioactive, stop throwing in headcanon shit the writers clearly didn't think about.
Most people know that we can't survive in outer space without protection. The most likely case is that the writers didn't want the characters in question to have the conflict of being unable to survive in outer space, not that they didn't think of it. However, there are many examples, especially with cartoon characters, where a character who survived in outer space also gets harmed by cold attacks on Earth. The headcanon scaling starts when people are like "that just means the cold attack was even colder than outer space." Writers make the characters survive in outer space because of the convenience of cartoon physics allowing them to ignore science, not due to perpetual resistances to the specific dangers of outer space.

It's quite a pain in the ass to argue against someone who ignores conventional applications and logic and delves into the realm of ad populum.
oft not worth the waste of breath as they are more worried about fitting in or winning a debate and looking to favorable 'public opinion' whether that's of a thread, a group chat, or a room. My condolences to your struggle.

Just like people saying destroying 4D Universes scales to 3-A because "How do you know they were talking about the whole Universe🗣🔥"
4-D Space-Time are rather specific tho. Usually, it is more reasonable to say 3-A rather than Low 2-C for “destroying a universe”.

Tho, saying something has an animation error or

Back