• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Yeah the worst FRA trains is always when there's literally one (1) argument with no opposition, and then followed by the goon squad ™️ going FRA 7 times.

It just makes threads...unfun? Not every match NEEDS an opposition argument (especially if it's a decisive victory) but it's a hella lot more interesting when someone at least TRIES.
and when the opposition shows up the other side has already left, and the match gets added even when most of there original argument gets refuted.

how staff avoid tier 1 verse threads like the plague and these threads get inactivity months can go by without no staff entering the thread sometimes the threads did out, the demonbane recreation thread took months and the op started to even quit the thread because of how much staff wasn`t

how staff avoid tier 1 verse threads like the plague and these threads get inactivty months can go by without no staff entering the thread sometimes the threads did out
I don't blame some of them for avoiding tier 1 threads tbh. As tier 1 would probably require genius levels of thinking

Last edited:
how staff avoid tier 1 verse threads like the plague and these threads get inactivity months can go by without no staff entering the thread sometimes the threads did out, the demonbane recreation thread took months and the op started to even quit the thread because of how much staff wasn`t
I'm so tired of you people with your seventeen Tier 1 upgrades a week

get new material

I think that's why there are 20 different tier 1 upgrades
it isn't, because I keep thinking that every few months and going to check and it's always the same shit

except, credit where credit is due, every eighteen months or so when the wiki discovers a new philosophical term someone explained vaguely to Ultima, who tenuously agrees that it could be Tier 1, in the right context, which as we all know then triggers a wave of tier 1 threads based on that thing being alluded to in chapter 29 of the 872 chapter series, and never again. Except that, obviously. New material, that.

so yeah bugger the tier 1 threads, hates 'em.

Last edited:
It also doesn't help that Tier 1 threads like to either throw everything and the kitchen sink in all at once, so you have to look at all the complicated multi-layered structure of the cosmology taken from throughout the series to review the thread, or it's a copy of someone else Tier 1 upgrade attempt.

People asking if something qualifies for something, while not only not giving quotes or scans, but not even saying what series or thing they are talking about.

it's like they themselves don't think the thing qualifies so they try to be as vague as possible to get people to agree with them as if that makes the CRT more likely to go through.

People asking if something qualifies for something, while not only not giving quotes or scans, but not even saying what series or thing they are talking about.

it's like they themselves don't think the thing qualifies so they try to be as vague as possible to get people to agree with them as if that makes the CRT more likely to go through.
To add on to this, people endlessly quoting one person and just going "but x staff member said y!" After asking a hyper specific question

When I do that, they say, "Why don't you have your own ideas?" ☠️ When I express my own ideas (which are basically based on quotations) they say "where is the evidence?".

cap the tiering system at Low 1-C since everything past that is theorywork anyhow.
Cap it at High 3-A. Nothing beyond physics is worthwhile.

Even more fun when people take your answer on some abstract question as gospel. Whole reason I try to avoid ever giving anyone a completely straight answer to these kinds of question lol

It's not surprising how some profiles might as well qualify for FC/OC profiles, sometimes users put the cart before the horse when doing upgrades.

Cap it at High 3-A. Nothing beyond physics is worthwhile.
Real.
Looking at some of these threads always makes me think I can probably upgrade Death Mage to Tier 1 even if it doesn't make any sense if I just make a thread that portrays it that way with selective evidences.

Back