• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So season 2 happened was released a few days ago and with it a load of new feats. Well, not much but a few.

Obviously, this thread will contain numerous spoilers

I'll list the potential upgrades below.

The Lions
I recently did a calculation that put this Robeast at 5-A. The Yellow Lion was able to take a direct blast from this guy and have its armor unscathed (though some internal damage was dealt) and even managed to overpower the Robeast.

The Yellow Lion is the most durable of the Lions, but they're all in the same league, and since he also overpowered it, I think it should scale to their Attack Potency. If not, you can argue that they fight and damage mechs on the same level that Robeast on a consistent basis so they should scale anyway.

So Lions would go from "At least 5-B" to "5-A"

Also, the Black Lion may get Mind Manipulation and Memory Manipulation powers, as it made Shiro think he was traveling through space and even have him relive the Black Lions past memories of its early years. It was implied that these powers were only usable on Shiro because he and the Black Lion had a bond, so they're not combat applicable at all. Feats happened in Space Mall. I'm tight on time, so I'll post scans if needed too.

Zarko
Zarkon would go from "At least 5-B, possibly 5-A" to a solid 5-A since he manhandled the Red Lion in physical combat. (Clips of Voltron are hard to find, but the feat happened in the last episode of Season 1 The Black Paladi).

He would also gain the power "Astral Projection" since throughout Season 2 he was able to project a projection of himself of sorts into the universe. Said projection was fast enough to fly past a star in less than a second and was strongly implied to have crossed "several galaxies" in the span of a few hours. I did a calc of it here.

The projection was also able to think and fight just like Zarkon, so I think it's safe to assume he was controlling it the whole time.

That should scale to his reactions. If not, then it would scale to his travel speed via Astral Projection.

Granted, it appears he can only use this power when empowered by the Druids, but it's not really clear if he can use it without the Druids assistance, or if they simply allow him to travel those distances. To be safe, I guess its fair to put "Astral Projection when empowered by the Druids".

Lastly, in the finale it was shown that Zarkon had a mech/armor suit just called "Armor". The armor could match Voltro blow for blow, even getting the upperhand through out the fight.

In Short:

Large Planet level Attack Potency in base (Stomped the Red Lion, who should be comparable to the Yellow Lion)

At least Large Planet level, likely far higher with "Armor" (Virtually comparable to Voltron in nearly every regard)

Either "Possibly Massively FTL+ reactions" or "Massively FTL+ travel speed via Astral Projection" (His Astral Projection traveled "several galaxies" to track down the Black Lion)

New Power: Astral Projection when empowered by the Druids

The Paladins
This one is a bit of a doozy. Personally I'm torn whether these are outliers or consistent so whatever gets accepted, I understand.

Now, the Paladins don't really have much feats outside of the Lions per say, they do a lot of fighting but rarely anything destructive comes from it. I was forced to put them at "At least Wall level" due to some very casual wall feats done by Allura.

Anywho, in the last episode of Season 2 Black Out, the Paladins survive a direct blast from the Druids + Haggar. The attack they performed was said to be able to destroy planets

Scans: #1, #2, #3, #4

Now, they didn't take the attack, they were knocked out, but they were able to wake up and continue to fight with no lasting injuries.

The way the worded the destruction of the planet lead me to assume continental destruction rather than total annihilation.

Later in the episode Princess Allura takes a direct blast from the main laser of the Castle of Lions. Said laser was able to slightly hurt Zarkons aforementioned "Armor" and was depicted as being comparable to the "Ion Cannon", which was stated to destroy planets

Sendak: After them! Either we get those lions or we blow this whole planet to cosmic dust! Fire the ion cannon!

Again, Allura didn't tank the blast, she was knocked out, but she woke up quickly and was able to fight Haggar and the Druids right after the ordeal with no resting or healing. A few members of The Blade of Marmora fought by her side (I blanked on their names, I'm afraid), but Allura was the one who actually fought Haggar.

Additionally, Shiro's Astral Projection was able to fight against Zarkons. I'm not sure if that's usable at all, but the dialogue implies it was an actual fight and not a symbolic battle of will. Shiro was losing and needed to be saved, but got a few good hits in before that point.

Scans: #1, #2, #3.

If these aren't considered outliers, I'm not quite sure what tier to put them. Since the Haggar and Druids feat required multiple people, and seemed to implying more Continental destruction, I'm thinking Continent level, but the Castle of Lions beam was able to slightly hurt Zarkons Armor, so possibly Planet level.

I guess "At least Continent level, possibly Planet level" could work.

If the feats are considered outliers, then the Paladins have a few good feats in the comic and Haggar has a feat where she vaporizes a large chunk of metal.

Note: These feats only scale to the Paladins when they're wearing Paladin Armor.

I think that's everything.

Somethings I forgot.

-The Green Lion now has Plant Manipulation as one of its attacks makes massive vines grow on any surface.

-The Blue Lion has Ice Manipulation since it can shoot beams of Ice.

-The Blue Lion was revealed to be an equally good aquatic ship.

-The Red Lion should have Heat Resistance as it was the only one that could withstand the heat of a massive star.

Now that should be it.

Good work, I agree with this as well. Btw how good is Voltron because I added it to my list on Netflix but i've never gotten really into it. It looks cool but I would like others quick opinions on it if they've watched it.

Bump.

Would it be okay to perform the upgrades or should I wait for further feedback?

Back